Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 986 987 [988] 989 990 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2422947 times)

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #14805 on: December 06, 2011, 12:52:53 pm »

I don't think realism is a terribly large factor in this game.

Rhodan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14806 on: December 06, 2011, 01:29:31 pm »

Creeper explosions just aren't fun, though.  Even though most Creeper attacks on valuable contraptions could have been avoided with enough walls and torches, having all your wiring and tubes and special blocks blown into thin air is incredibly frustrating.  It wouldn't be as bad if *all* the destroyed blocks simply dropped as items, but half of them just vanish.  Since most machinery blocks require quite a variety of resources to make, this sucks.

I installed a mod that makes creeper explosions not damage blocks.  While this makes me enjoy things much more, it still feels a bit cheaty. :/

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14807 on: December 06, 2011, 03:15:24 pm »

you people here probably know about this already, but legos.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14808 on: December 06, 2011, 06:02:21 pm »

Creeper explosions just aren't fun, though.  Even though most Creeper attacks on valuable contraptions could have been avoided with enough walls and torches, having all your wiring and tubes and special blocks blown into thin air is incredibly frustrating.  It wouldn't be as bad if *all* the destroyed blocks simply dropped as items, but half of them just vanish.  Since most machinery blocks require quite a variety of resources to make, this sucks.

Ahh, but you see, that's why I love the little green bastards; unless you're playing hardcore, death is cheap, particularly on the surface. Creepers threaten not just yourself, but also your accomplishments, meaning you never treat them lightly. Maybe you'll scoff at them when they're at bow range and you have a full quiver, but when one gets close, you damn well take care. It's little things like that that keep me tied to the game, and add to the charm.
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14809 on: December 06, 2011, 06:09:00 pm »

Yeah, and sometimes they blow up your bed and leave you several million blocks away from all of your stuff, with no idea in what direction you live in.
*Hugs*

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14810 on: December 06, 2011, 07:16:28 pm »

I installed a mod that makes creeper explosions not damage blocks.  While this makes me enjoy things much more, it still feels a bit cheaty. :/

If it makes you feel any better, the purpose of creepers is to desensitize people to griefers.

Or everybody and their mom would complain to notch about how their stuff got destroyed.

Back when notch played with everybody else on servers, I actually had a discussion about making obsidian as the hardest block, how people reaaally didn't like having their stuff destroyed (around the time when creepers appeared.), how wood through diamond are inspired by tools in real life,

I told him he needed to desensitize people to having their shit destroyed.

He made creepers.

It wouldn't be such a problem if monster spawning wasn't so odd.

Monsters won't disappear within a certain range of the player.
So you go underground for awhile and it's safe when you get back up (assuming it was already daylight)

And they can appear in structures if your lighting is bad.

bluephoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14811 on: December 06, 2011, 07:48:09 pm »

Does anyone have jebs email address they can pm me?
I still have an alpha account on my mates email address and he never paid me for it, he said I can have the account back but sadly I can't change emails  :-\ .

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14812 on: December 06, 2011, 08:50:32 pm »

He made creepers.
YOU

YOU MADE CREEPERS

I WILL CRUCIFY YOU

Although they have already desensitized myself to them, so goddammit you already won.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14813 on: December 06, 2011, 09:05:34 pm »

Back when notch played with everybody else on servers, I actually had a discussion about making obsidian as the hardest block, how people reaaally didn't like having their stuff destroyed (around the time when creepers appeared.), how wood through diamond are inspired by tools in real life,

He made creepers.

And so we read the origin of true fear, from The Apocrypha of Eerr.  You are a mighty and terrible person, if this is anything close to true, although I seriously doubt you're the only guy who ever had such a conversation with him.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #14814 on: December 06, 2011, 09:28:23 pm »

Technic hasn't been officially updated yet (they were only waiting for RP so it should be soon, possibly tonight)

However another goon has made a mishmash mod that includes most of the features of Technic and installs them over top of a yogbox install. YOGNIC.

Step 1: Install Yogbox as normal. (available at TheYogbox.net)
Step 2: delete the two millenaire folders and the zips in the mods folder for Millenaire and Tale of Kingdoms.
Step 3: http://www.mediafire.com/?ba1aq59oa1z71ma install the files as directed from here.

Now you've got yogbox and technic all at once! The horror!

Unrelated, the android version of Minecraft is on sale for ten cents. It only has creative now but Jeb has said that it will eventually include survival too.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.mojang.minecraftpe&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5tb2phbmcubWluZWNyYWZ0cGUiXQ..
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 09:34:56 pm by Tilla »

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14815 on: December 07, 2011, 03:26:56 pm »

Hmm i kind of want to return to modded MC as even 1.0 gets boring, in the same way that you never reach the end of Nethack.
I used to do BC with a few friends online, we did all kinds of things, but then the community died and i got bored from BC and IC.

Uhh whats cool to have now? I heard Twillight forest was something..
I want mods that adds extra depth to the game, not mods that are just cheat crafting recipes. I love new things to explore and experiment with.
BC and IC are cool together, but arent there better alternatives?
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14816 on: December 07, 2011, 03:31:02 pm »

You do reach the end of Nethack eventually though, its just everything and their potato salad is in the way of you actually ever getting there.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Rhodan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14817 on: December 07, 2011, 03:38:06 pm »

Redpower is becoming a pretty good alternative to both BC and IC combined.  I recently made a fully automated and self-stocking fried chicken factory.  It was good fun.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #14818 on: December 07, 2011, 03:41:39 pm »

Redpower is becoming a pretty good alternative to both BC and IC combined.  I recently made a fully automated and self-stocking fried chicken factory.  It was good fun.
Patent that design and market it! You could bring fried chicken to the minecraft masses!

Rhodan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14819 on: December 07, 2011, 03:49:57 pm »

Nah, I saw the basic chicken farm design on youtube, I just added the counters, timers, netherrack and pistons needed to periodically roast the chickens to make room for the next generation.
Pages: 1 ... 986 987 [988] 989 990 ... 1380