Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 985 986 [987] 988 989 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2422847 times)

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #14790 on: December 04, 2011, 09:25:15 pm »

Haven't checked the minecraft forums, is redpower updated yet?
This ain't no forum.
But no, PR4 is still in development.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Rhodan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14791 on: December 05, 2011, 03:05:29 pm »

Haven't checked the minecraft forums, is redpower updated yet?
This ain't no forum.
But no, PR4 is still in development.

And now it is up for grabs at http://www.eloraam.com/.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #14792 on: December 05, 2011, 03:21:52 pm »

The traffic has taken her site offline. Good thing I don't really have time to play right now.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #14793 on: December 05, 2011, 03:25:12 pm »

The traffic has taken her site offline. Good thing I don't really have time to play right now.
Wait, you mean I shouldn't be hitting refresh 3 times a second on 4 different computers trying to get in?  :P

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14794 on: December 05, 2011, 04:13:19 pm »

Now we just need Industrial Craft and I can make the swap to 1.0.0!

Rhodan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14795 on: December 05, 2011, 05:02:06 pm »

Oh, for those of you that like alternate dimensions, check out the Twilight Forest.

It's basically a huge forest.  In perpetual twilight.  The 'sea level' has been lowered to make room for the enormous trees that dot the landscape, stretching out far above the other, still rather tall, trees.  There are also bigger, branched versions of the huge mushrooms.  Glowing or chirping bugs are sitting on tree trunks all over the place, and the forest is populated with various deer, boars and those curly-horned sheep things.
Here and there are hedge mazes filled with treasure chests and small spiders, and there is a large boss arena you can go battle a large boss in.  There are also large glaciers to be found, and 'hollow hills' which are filled with new mob spawners and lots of resources. There are also lots of little ruins and some underground mazes all over the place, with more new mobs inside.

My favourite part other than the forest itself are the huge wizard towers filled with winding staircases, libraries and I think I saw one with a small desert inside.  They're complete with little side-towers and little outdoor walkways between them.

You can get there by surrounding a puddle with flowers and tossing a diamond inside.  If you use Redpower, the new ores and gems still generate properly so you could move in permanently. (Except if you want volcanoes and rubber trees, but I don't like their current form anyways)

bluephoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14796 on: December 05, 2011, 05:34:12 pm »

I have never ever had a single mod in my entire time of minecraft which is from the start of infdev.
This twilight mod is going to be the first mod I'm gonna try, does anyone have a link to modloader they can provide as I don't have any luck looking around the MC forums.

Rhodan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14797 on: December 05, 2011, 05:44:39 pm »

Here you go.

Just open minecraft.jar (found in your .minecraft/bin folder, you can easily find it if you open the textures folder via the Textures menu) with winrar or similar and drag the modloader files into the .jar.  Also, delete the folder called "META-INF" in the minecraft.jar.
Run Minecraft once and see if you reach the title screen.  If that works, Modloader is installed properly and should have added a few folders to the .minecraft folder.  Just drag the Twilight Forest mod in there and you're set. :)

bluephoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14798 on: December 05, 2011, 06:03:51 pm »

Here you go.

Just open minecraft.jar (found in your .minecraft/bin folder, you can easily find it if you open the textures folder via the Textures menu) with winrar or similar and drag the modloader files into the .jar.  Also, delete the folder called "META-INF" in the minecraft.jar.
Run Minecraft once and see if you reach the title screen.  If that works, Modloader is installed properly and should have added a few folders to the .minecraft folder.  Just drag the Twilight Forest mod in there and you're set. :)
Thanks, gonna try it now.

bluephoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14799 on: December 05, 2011, 11:32:44 pm »

Everything is working, although this mod likes to make minecraft run out of memory a lot.

Rhodan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14800 on: December 06, 2011, 10:26:09 am »

Yeah, Minecraft tends to crash when it has to load too many blocks at once. :/ Try lowering your render distance, I tend to crash even in vanilla when I set it to Far.

Meta

• Bay Watcher
  • Aka Maunoir. French Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #14801 on: December 06, 2011, 10:39:23 am »

And if you didn't do it, update your Java to a 64-bits version.
Generalized Godwin’s Law: "Every discussion within an online community converges to a zero-information signal characterized by empty assertions concerning the foundational dichotomy of that community."

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14802 on: December 06, 2011, 10:43:47 am »

Off Topic: Read the first page without noticing it was the first page. It eerily sounded like sarcasm.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #14803 on: December 06, 2011, 12:22:56 pm »

I remember my first shelter, built out of iron blocks in the middle of plain, and I also remember my first shelter exploding when a creeper walked in the open doorway.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #14804 on: December 06, 2011, 12:40:24 pm »

one thing they should do is having creepers at the very least NOT blow up "worked" blocks.
i mean, supercharged creepers could, to make it difficult, but normal creepers? how realistic is it that iron blocks get chipped away by the explosion?
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.
Pages: 1 ... 985 986 [987] 988 989 ... 1380