Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 953 954 [955] 956 957 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2424786 times)

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #14310 on: November 21, 2011, 08:58:37 am »

But Minecraft isn't feature complete.
NPCs are still placeholder, village generation is just terrible, there's an option for world types that is greyed out and Multiplayer is buggier than it ever has been.
*Hugs*

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #14311 on: November 21, 2011, 09:14:55 am »

Is there anyway to make minecraft connect to MP servers? Sometimes it works but usually it gives me crap about wrong keys :(

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14312 on: November 21, 2011, 09:16:18 am »

Keep trying. It's apparently some failed attempt at blocking the name spoofing.
*Hugs*

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #14313 on: November 21, 2011, 09:36:12 am »

Yeah it worked for me again just a min ago

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14314 on: November 21, 2011, 10:01:50 am »

But Notch didn't have to stop working on it.
After working for a few years on a project and dealing with various other junk like forming a company and having dreams of other projects, I'm surprised he stayed with the project until now. It really is for the best that he hands control over to one of his other devs.

This official launch business is really just an excuse to enact a bunch of changes that were a long time in the planning on the business level. There is nothing wrong with that. Hopefully this restructuring will lead to a more fluid development and fixing cycle.
(And some prick is gonna make a jab at Notch's ability to make the game, which I will always consider a dick move and promptly ignore your terrible opinions.)
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14315 on: November 21, 2011, 10:09:04 am »

How about they change the name of it to Minecraft Gamma 1.0 and make Minecraft Delta the 'true' release?
By creating a gobstopper that never loses its flavor he broke thermodynamics
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #14316 on: November 21, 2011, 10:11:00 am »

no the real name will be:
################# -only visible to code ultraviolet, friends of mister computer-
have a nice day, and please, do be careful for the random pools of acid flowing down from the ceiling.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14317 on: November 21, 2011, 10:11:19 am »

We're trying to simplify things, not add a whole nother level of silliness. Just accept that we have no idea how version names are supposed to work and set out on a clean slate.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14318 on: November 21, 2011, 10:13:31 am »

This official launch business is really just an excuse to enact a bunch of changes that were a long time in the planning on the business level. There is nothing wrong with that. Hopefully this restructuring will lead to a more fluid development and fixing cycle.
(And some prick is gonna make a jab at Notch's ability to make the game, which I will always consider a dick move and promptly ignore your terrible opinions.)

Notch is terrible everything's terrible it's all his fault he should just give all his money to me and let me make Minecraft.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14319 on: November 21, 2011, 10:16:06 am »

FREEFORM

I WILL DESTROY YOU

And I discovered a reddit thread on little details one can add to make cool stuff. Would be nice if we could share some of that stuff.

mendonca

• Bay Watcher
  • [CLIVE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14320 on: November 21, 2011, 10:21:43 am »

Notch is terrible everything's terrible it's all his fault he should just give all his money to me and let me make Minecraft.

Not to mention how lazy he is considering how much work he should be able to do now that he has 12 million Euros of my money and ...

ignorance overload. automatic shutdown commenced.

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14321 on: November 21, 2011, 10:32:47 am »

Just thought I'd put up a reminder... in case you (both) forgot:
If you post links to illegal material (files that are being illegally distributed, ie unsanctioned commercial game/music torrents/downloads, etc.) or post illegal images (or images that would have been behind 18+ warnings, etc.), you will be banned.  Don't ask for links or otherwise ask to be directed to places where you can download/obtain things like that either, even if the situation is somewhat more lax in your locality.
Thanks, would you like a pat on the head?

I didn't intend to post the link here in any case.
Nah, a cookie would be nice though.

The link was posted here before... I thought I'd head off the need to report that post before it happened again.  If you feel hurt in any way by Toady and Notch's rules, I don't know what to tell you.
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14322 on: November 21, 2011, 10:49:31 am »

Hmm, what interesting redstone mods do you guys currently use?
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14323 on: November 21, 2011, 10:55:23 am »

Ok, for the multiplayer connection problem. It's like a gamble. Just try to join, and if you get sent back to the title screen, wait 5 seconds, and click on multiplayer again. If you click on the multiplayer button too fast it will show the server link as not connected. After that, just keep on repeating until you get in.

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14324 on: November 21, 2011, 11:22:12 am »

Hmm, what interesting redstone mods do you guys currently use?

redpower

redpower

Did I mention Redpower?

There's a good mod called Redpower.
Pages: 1 ... 953 954 [955] 956 957 ... 1380