Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 919 920 [921] 922 923 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2425962 times)

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #13800 on: November 08, 2011, 07:54:52 pm »

The fluff is that it takes the energy from the fuel and compresses that into the material, upgrading it.
*Hugs*

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #13801 on: November 08, 2011, 07:56:36 pm »

Dirt simply does not turn into diamond, it doesn't matter how much compression you do.

Dirt simply does not turn into diamond, it doesn't matter how much compression you do.

Also it's fucking alchemy, not science.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13802 on: November 08, 2011, 07:57:35 pm »

Presumably, dirt that contains sufficient humus to be fertile contains at least a few grams of carbon... but you'd need to do a lot of purification etc to clear out all the quartz and other junk.

Also it's fucking alchemy, not science.

Is that like regular alchemy, only productive?
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13803 on: November 08, 2011, 08:00:03 pm »

Reproductive, by the sound of it.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #13804 on: November 08, 2011, 08:10:37 pm »

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13805 on: November 08, 2011, 08:21:58 pm »

So, you need 4096 blocks of dirt to make a diamond. Who here considers 4096 blocks of work to be worth one diamond? On server with Iconomy, how much money can you get by digging 4096 blocks of dirt? Compare that tot he price of a diamond. In the ones I have played, you should get multiple diamonds if you dug up all that dirt.

How is it broken to recycle your time and materials into something more useful? And along with that, the items in the mod cost 100's of diamonds. I never use more then 50 and stockpile the rest.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #13806 on: November 08, 2011, 08:24:38 pm »

So, you need 4096 blocks of dirt to make a diamond. Who here considers 4096 blocks of work to be worth one diamond? On server with Iconomy, how much money can you get by digging 4096 blocks of dirt? Compare that tot he price of a diamond. In the ones I have played, you should get multiple diamonds if you dug up all that dirt.

How is it broken to recycle your time and materials into something more useful? And along with that, the items in the mod cost 100's of diamonds. I never use more then 50 and stockpile the rest.
EE isn't even for SMP yet. But when it is, I'd love to see a server that set its prices to dirt-equivalents or something else that would line up with EE.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13807 on: November 09, 2011, 12:28:03 am »

I could make a philosopher's stone and fix some of these issues, but...
Ah-ah-ah! *finger wag*

That would be cheating  ;)
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13808 on: November 09, 2011, 01:42:40 am »

Also, where are the first two dungeons? I can't find 'em anywhere.

This isn't really a spoiler as they're pretty easy to find, so I'm not going to tag this.

See the obsidian spires a short way off from Classic Start or whatever the starting island is? Bridge over there.

Have Fun, in the Dwarf Fortress sense of the word.

PsyberianHusky

• Bay Watcher
  • The best at being the worst at video games.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13809 on: November 09, 2011, 06:38:17 am »

So. Super Hostile.

Even just the Lava Sea or whatever (the first map) is kicking me in the teeth. Half of the dungeons are a major PITA to get around/through (spider dungeon, I'm looking at you!), some are just hard to get to, and then sometimes, a skeleton just ends up bopping you into the lava as you're running away with victory wool in hand.

It's fun, but a wee friggin' bit frustrating when you're stuck working with stone tools and maybe an iron sword and are perpetually short on torches. I could make a philosopher's stone and fix some of these issues, but...

Also, where are the first two dungeons? I can't find 'em anywhere.
I was on the 4th one, and it was tricky, but not kazio hard.
Thank you based dwarf.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #13810 on: November 09, 2011, 09:07:55 am »

new objective:
recreate iwojima settlement in survival mode. and leave dark areas next to made beaches to simulate iwojima attack.
(it's just that i got lucky with the world i spawned in: on a big island with cave, then you need to take a boat to reach mainland, cross a desert, reach the swamp, go east and reach a village on the coast. i ended up writing in my mind a script for a movie. XD man, i was starving to death on the island and had to eat zombie flesh. and kill skeletons with the friggin SHOVEL AHAHAH rotfling still now)
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13811 on: November 09, 2011, 11:14:30 am »

and kill skeletons with the friggin SHOVEL
The shovel does no more damage then your fist, and hitting a mob with it once lowers its durability as much as digging 2 blocks does. At least before 1.7.3 that was the case.
By creating a gobstopper that never loses its flavor he broke thermodynamics
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13812 on: November 09, 2011, 11:21:03 am »

It's a pity that different tools in Minecraft don't do different amounts of damage.

Axes particularly should at least be better than nothing at all, even if not as good as swords. 'tho I can't imagine a pickaxe to the head isn't going to hurt even a little bit.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13813 on: November 09, 2011, 11:23:24 am »

Shovels do 1 point of damage, axes do 2 and pickaxes do 1.5, fists do .5 points of damage.
Pickaxes and axes scale damage with material power.

Edit: Numbers are for prerelease though.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 11:24:59 am by The Merchant Of Menace »
*Hugs*

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #13814 on: November 09, 2011, 11:57:17 am »

AXE THEM TO DEATH.
how much do swords do by the way?
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.
Pages: 1 ... 919 920 [921] 922 923 ... 1380