Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 883 884 [885] 886 887 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2426942 times)

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #13260 on: October 18, 2011, 03:21:46 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I wholeheartedly approve of this idea. I'd make a whole freaking tower of obsidian :D
If these designs got uploaded it could be like spore, but good.

A mix of Spore and RCT3? I'll kill a bunch of creepers to get this feature considered.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13261 on: October 18, 2011, 06:02:00 am »

Left my game running overnight and now I'm rolling in diamonds :D

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13262 on: October 18, 2011, 06:31:21 am »

How does one get a list of the added Mods to their Minecraft game? WITHOUT having to go through each one slowly or by putting a mod that would make it crash???
This is why Minecraft needs official mod support, like every modern game by Bethesda.
It has already been brought up why this is a bad idea and isn't as straightforward as one would think. As easy as that would make the user experience it would triple development time for all future updates to update both the game and the API, and any API he makes would not have the versatility to do what modders want.

Modding could be improved, but granted it was never meant to be a thing. It's still quite questionable just how legal all of this is with people being prissy over copyrights over Notches work.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13264 on: October 18, 2011, 08:38:03 am »

How does one get a list of the added Mods to their Minecraft game? WITHOUT having to go through each one slowly or by putting a mod that would make it crash???
So no one knows a way???
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13265 on: October 18, 2011, 08:43:24 am »

So no one knows a way???

The closest thing I can think of would be to use ModLoader (you don't have to put some mods into the minecraft.jar, just a folder) and then organize the things inside the mod folder as you want.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #13266 on: October 18, 2011, 09:27:13 am »

I vote for official Modloader. :P
Also yay boats!
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Rhodan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13267 on: October 18, 2011, 10:33:28 am »

Modloader also generates a little list of all mods it loads.  It's in the config folder as Modloader.cfg.  Since most mods use Modloader, this list should be pretty complete.  The remaining mods will likely be the other framework mods your Modloader mods depend on.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13268 on: October 18, 2011, 10:44:27 am »

Modloader also generates a little list of all mods it loads.  It's in the config folder as Modloader.cfg.  Since most mods use Modloader, this list should be pretty complete.  The remaining mods will likely be the other framework mods your Modloader mods depend on.
Awesome Thanks...

Heres whats in my Modpack so far...

mod_AutoForest=on
mod_RedPowerArray=on
mod_RecipeBook=on
mod_IC2=on
mod_Somnia=on
mod_BuildCraftBuilders=on
mod_FCBetterThanWolves=on
mod_Armor=on
mod_RedPowerWiring=on
mod_RuneCraftory=on
mod_EE=on
mod_RedPowerWorld=on
mod_RedPowerCore=on
mod_SeasonCraftory=on
mod_RedPowerLogic=on
mod_BuildCraftCore=on
mod_DoggyTalents=on
mod_Shelf=on
mod_MultiuseDoors=on
loggingLevel=FINER
mod_BuildCraftEnergy=on
mod_RedPowerMachine=on
mod_BuildCraftFactory=on
mod_ReiMinimap=on
mod_RedPowerLighting=on
mod_LevelUp=on
mod_BuildCraftTransport=on
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13269 on: October 18, 2011, 11:46:18 am »

Neat so all you have to do is edit the file to say off if you want to cancle the mod?

Rhodan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13270 on: October 18, 2011, 11:48:44 am »

Yes.  Of course, this might mess with existing worlds if they contain items left around by the mods you disable.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #13271 on: October 18, 2011, 12:00:48 pm »

That modular boats thing actually doesn't appeal to me that much. I'd rather have it be like the Zeppelin mod, wherein I could build my own damn boat and activate it  with a certain part.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13272 on: October 18, 2011, 01:22:05 pm »

So, I've become enthralled with Minecraft again as of the latest update, and a friend of mine showed me this server: www.vindicraft.com

Unfortunately since my joining, it gained enough popularity to get DDOS'd and a whitelist is now in place. If you want (and if I'm still opped) I can add you to the whitelist, otherwise it takes signing up for the forums.

Vindicraft is a 200 slot server that uses the Heroes plugin in conjunction with the Factions plugin, making for an interesting combination of user-controlled anti-griefing with RPG/leveling elements. You can create a faction or guild, then start claiming territory, declaring war on others and making allies. You can even claim enemy territory if you kill them enough, and the phenomenon known as griefing is more or less encouraged, since your ability to stop it is entirely dependent on you. Of course, Factions makes it easier, since enemy factions cannot build or modify blocks on your territory, but that doesn't stop people from using a variety of methods of getting in.

Note: If this comes off as too advertisish then I'll edit the post out, just wanted to share a server I've been having a good time on.

On topic: Boats? Not sure if want, really. It would seem to be more annoying that anything, but we don't know the specifics of guns and how maneuverable they are, or how much damage they take, or even what CAN damage them.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 01:26:35 pm by Astral »
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13273 on: October 18, 2011, 01:42:03 pm »

You know what I would like? Water bodies and rivers at different levels? Need waterfalls with lakes that don't require 1000 buckets.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #13274 on: October 18, 2011, 01:43:23 pm »

well, if you just want a great view, try World Painter. it helps a lot when making scenes ;)

Also, anyone interested in playing a WWII game in Minecraft? :P
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.
Pages: 1 ... 883 884 [885] 886 887 ... 1380