Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 882 883 [884] 885 886 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2426924 times)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #13245 on: October 17, 2011, 08:49:20 pm »

Well, I have all the dark matter stuff. Plus even more dark matter blocks.

Now I don't feel like building anything else from industrial craft. The only thing useful would be the teleporter but I have no need to travel long distances. I am immortal, can fly, can kill armies by myself, gather stacks of any material I want in a matter of seconds..... What else could I possibly need?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #13246 on: October 17, 2011, 08:51:53 pm »

Well, I have all the dark matter stuff. Plus even more dark matter blocks.

Now I don't feel like building anything else from industrial craft. The only thing useful would be the teleporter but I have no need to travel long distances. I am immortal, can fly, can kill armies by myself, gather stacks of any material I want in a matter of seconds..... What else could I possibly need?
Uh... I guess it's time to start over with different mods?

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13247 on: October 17, 2011, 08:53:10 pm »

Don't basically cheat IC with EE?

They are both balanced(Ha!) with vanilla but not with eachother. Try removing one of them.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #13248 on: October 17, 2011, 10:06:08 pm »

Mo' Creatures lets you change the vanilla spawn rates IIRC. Just change the creeper spawn to 0 (and the ogres, those guys would rip through even faster than a creeper).

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #13249 on: October 17, 2011, 10:19:39 pm »

Worst part of the ogres is that they immediately go into "attack" mode whenever they take damage so you can't really snipe them either.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13250 on: October 17, 2011, 10:36:26 pm »

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13251 on: October 17, 2011, 10:52:55 pm »

http://getsatisfaction.com/mojang/topics/boats_evolved_bigger_modular_boats_watch_out_huge
I'll give this guy props for saying every component will be added through a GUI and not placed blocks, as that is something I can see as feasible in MC. dunno about super accurate entity collision detection. First two or three boats look pretty good though.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

bluephoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13252 on: October 17, 2011, 10:53:16 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
http://getsatisfaction.com/mojang/topics/boats_evolved_bigger_modular_boats_watch_out_huge

So is the first image a suggestion on "getsatisfaction.com/mojang" as well?
Do you have a link so I can vote for it? Because I think we really do need something above ground to explore other than villages.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13253 on: October 17, 2011, 10:56:01 pm »

So is the first image a suggestion on "getsatisfaction.com/mojang" as well?
Do you have a link so I can vote for it? Because I think we really do need something above ground to explore other than villages.
Nope, sorry.

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #13254 on: October 17, 2011, 11:13:57 pm »

So i am going to try and get going without item cheating, and I was wondering if anyone had any tips with what I should be doing first to get going with the machines. Right now I am just going to dig and get some resources as usual but I want to get my automation going, so any suggested first steps?

You need rubber.  If you can find only one or two rubber trees, I suggest making an Extractor first.  That costs six rubber, which you can only get by cooking resin at this point.  This means you'll have to tap three or four resin knotholes.

Run the Extractor off of redstone dust, at about 1 per operation.  Once you've made it, chop off and extract all of the rubber tree blocks except the ones that have the resin knotholes.  Replant any rubber saplings that fall from the leaves -- I recall reading that they need to be planted on grass, not just dirt.

Once you have decent supplies of rubber, make a Generator and a Macerator.

If you start with lots of rubber nearby, go Generator and Macerator and wait on the Extractor for a bit.

After that, my suggested order would be Batbox, powered hand tools + a spare battery, Batpack, Electro Furnace, more Generators and Macerators, at least one more Batbox, then convert to solar.

Mmm, I'm forgetting something.  Well, you'll figure it out.

Edit:

Neat idea, but I don't need 50 different variations of "cock-and-balls statue made of golden blocks".

If I want one of those, I'll build it myself.  (Like my Terraria skeletal wyrm arena.)
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 11:21:31 pm by 0x517A5D »

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #13255 on: October 17, 2011, 11:54:28 pm »

You'd have to manually download the fifty cock and balls statues yourself for them to show up in the world though, I had that issue with it too until I noticed that. :P

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13256 on: October 17, 2011, 11:56:55 pm »

I wholeheartedly approve of this idea. I'd make a whole freaking tower of obsidian :D
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13257 on: October 18, 2011, 02:30:15 am »

How does one get a list of the added Mods to their Minecraft game? WITHOUT having to go through each one slowly or by putting a mod that would make it crash???
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13258 on: October 18, 2011, 02:33:36 am »

How does one get a list of the added Mods to their Minecraft game? WITHOUT having to go through each one slowly or by putting a mod that would make it crash???
This is why Minecraft needs official mod support, like every modern game by Bethesda.
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

PsyberianHusky

• Bay Watcher
  • The best at being the worst at video games.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13259 on: October 18, 2011, 02:36:07 am »

I wholeheartedly approve of this idea. I'd make a whole freaking tower of obsidian :D
If these designs got uploaded it could be like spore, but good.
It would be cool if the terrain generator could blend these elements into the terrain, and make some of them appear dilapidated.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 03:20:41 am by PsyberianHusky »
Thank you based dwarf.
Pages: 1 ... 882 883 [884] 885 886 ... 1380