Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 850 851 [852] 853 854 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2420413 times)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #12765 on: October 08, 2011, 04:40:19 pm »

So I just made my first very complicated redstone device. It's a secret piston door with a lock. If you push the hidden button near it, nothing happens. However, if you 'unlock' the door by throwing an item down a pit, where it flows to a self-clearing pressure pad and a memory cell (which contains the "locked" or "unlocked" state), the button will open the door. A receptacle inside the door also allows for locking and unlocking from the interior. Whenever the door locks or unlocks, a tone plays from a music box. The same pressure pad toggles the lock on and off, which was the hard part of construction. (mostly using a fancy water configuration to allow the items to continue off of the pressure pad while still pulsing it once was a challenge)
I'm fairly proud of my invention, because from the surface you can see absolutely nothing out of the ordinary other than an inconspicuous button.
The only real downside is that the switches from the inside have a seven second delay because of item canal travel time to the pressure plate, but I love it anyway.

I use a no switch mechanism. You place a red torch in a spot only you know. Then the doors open. Completly hidden.

mr. macduggan

• Bay Watcher
  • HEY! LISTEN! HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12766 on: October 08, 2011, 04:43:16 pm »

You should really have the button set up to open a random door or something, a button that just sits there and does nothing is gonna make somoene mine out the mountain to find out what's hidden.
Good idea, I might do just that. Make an iron door to a boring little one-room hobbit hole with a bed a crafting table and a furnace unless you turn off the lock. That also gives me an excuse to put some torches near to my door.
Flooding the area with magma removes blood, dust, vomit, goo, mud, and dwarves.
Also, I'm composing digital music over in the Forum Games part of the forums!

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #12767 on: October 08, 2011, 05:55:00 pm »

I can't run the technic pack. It causes massive amounts of lag. Mostly any pack with Millenaire mod lags for me, but when I leave that mod out, it still lags. I don't know why though.

It doesnt use up much CPU int he task manager, and it doesn't use up all my memory, yet when pressing F3 the entire screen gets filled up. I just don't know whats wrong  :-\

It's probably because of nature overhaul. Pause the game, and select the world mod options or something like that. And turn off every little thing.

Your framerate should improve dramatically. Next technic pack it will be an option, so I hear.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12768 on: October 08, 2011, 08:08:05 pm »

I caught a glimpse of the (green) arm of MoM's statue and I swear I saw a creeper jumping over the base of it. Confound these creepers, they drive me to paranoia.

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12769 on: October 08, 2011, 08:12:14 pm »

I caught a glimpse of the (green) arm of MoM's statue and I swear I saw a creeper jumping over the base of it. Confound these creepers, they drive me to paranoia.
Wat?
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE CATS

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12770 on: October 08, 2011, 08:19:16 pm »

I turn Millenaire off, find it a pointless mod because of lag.

Go into the config file in the folder for it in /.minecraft and set generate villages to false, lag solved.

Oh yeah, just for the sake of lag I don't think it's worth it.

The random little buildings in the wilderness are neat to find.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12771 on: October 08, 2011, 08:20:30 pm »

>.< I can't get the Better than Wolves to work, and I installed it, modloader, and mineforge like I was supposed to. Any advice ?

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12772 on: October 08, 2011, 08:20:40 pm »

I can't run the technic pack. It causes massive amounts of lag. Mostly any pack with Millenaire mod lags for me, but when I leave that mod out, it still lags. I don't know why though.

It doesnt use up much CPU int he task manager, and it doesn't use up all my memory, yet when pressing F3 the entire screen gets filled up. I just don't know whats wrong  :-\

It's probably because of nature overhaul. Pause the game, and select the world mod options or something like that. And turn off every little thing.

Your framerate should improve dramatically. Next technic pack it will be an option, so I hear.

Double post here. I am playing on V2 purely because of this mod. I hate it. It filled my world up with huge trees which give you about two stacks of mod when you hit one out due to treecapitator. I'm hoping for a 1.8.1 update soon where you can choose which mods to have :P

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #12773 on: October 08, 2011, 08:21:17 pm »

I turn Millenaire off, find it a pointless mod because of lag.

Go into the config file in the folder for it in /.minecraft and set generate villages to false, lag solved.

Oh yeah, just for the sake of lag I don't think it's worth it.

The random little buildings in the wilderness are neat to find.
Quote fail?
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #12774 on: October 08, 2011, 08:26:54 pm »

>.< I can't get the Better than Wolves to work, and I installed it, modloader, and mineforge like I was supposed to. Any advice ?

Didja delete meta-inf?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12775 on: October 08, 2011, 08:30:04 pm »

Didja delete meta-inf?
Yep, but it still won't work >.<

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12776 on: October 08, 2011, 08:41:49 pm »

Actually it seems for some reason it isn't saving my changes to the .jar file. Any idea how to save them (I am using WinRAR)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12777 on: October 08, 2011, 09:27:36 pm »

Well I watched a Yogbox video, and decided to get it, and try it out instead.

mr. macduggan

• Bay Watcher
  • HEY! LISTEN! HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12778 on: October 08, 2011, 09:28:04 pm »

After 40 days, WinRAR still works 100% but has a pop-up to scold you.
Flooding the area with magma removes blood, dust, vomit, goo, mud, and dwarves.
Also, I'm composing digital music over in the Forum Games part of the forums!

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12779 on: October 08, 2011, 09:32:45 pm »

Wat?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
>catch a glimpse of the arm of that and think it's a creeper
>shit bricks because I'm right next to it
>"oh okay it isn't a creeper :)"
Pages: 1 ... 850 851 [852] 853 854 ... 1380