Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 849 850 [851] 852 853 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2420400 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #12750 on: October 08, 2011, 02:28:33 pm »

I just got this game, and was wondering are there any mods, or texture packs that are must haves for it? If so please tell me which, and if possible post a link, so  I cna check it out.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12751 on: October 08, 2011, 02:42:48 pm »

I just got this game, and was wondering are there any mods, or texture packs that are must haves for it? If so please tell me which, and if possible post a link, so  I cna check it out.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/81771-v181-mo-creatures-v213-with-smp/  Mo' Creatures will make survival dangerous.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #12752 on: October 08, 2011, 02:46:18 pm »

I was in Hammersong, but I don't seem to be anymore...
ask Ante (MoM) to get you back in ;)

I'll jump on N@W, although I haven't even been on it yet and will have no idea what im doing.
Same thing
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12753 on: October 08, 2011, 02:55:14 pm »

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/81771-v181-mo-creatures-v213-with-smp/  Mo' Creatures will make survival dangerous.
Thanks, and quick question when you install a mod do you need to makea new world for it to work ?

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12754 on: October 08, 2011, 03:20:26 pm »

Anyone else see the 2 dragons on simons shelf?
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE CATS

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #12755 on: October 08, 2011, 03:37:43 pm »

So I was minding my own business and set down some magma so I could grab a bit of water for my new farm plot. Of Course I forget that my giant mining shaft is right near by and when I get back and pick up my magma it is to late. A good number of days later it still looks like this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The only reason I believe I will be able to get through the lag fest that it is will be that I have somnia in so I can sleep through it all. Sigh. :'(
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12756 on: October 08, 2011, 03:40:18 pm »

So I was minding my own business and set down some magma so I could grab a bit of water for my new farm plot. Of Course I forget that my giant mining shaft is right near by and when I get back and pick up my magma it is to late. A good number of days later it still looks like this:
The only reason I believe I will be able to get through the lag fest that it is will be that I have somnia in so I can sleep through it all. Sigh. :'(
Might be easier to drop sand on it all.

Bremen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12757 on: October 08, 2011, 03:44:49 pm »

I've been having fun with the technic pack, which I learned of from the Yogscast videos. This video has a few highlights, but there's a whole series of them if you want to learn about the pack. It also includes the previously recommended Mo' Creatures, which has ogres which can smash through puny dirt and wood houses.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12758 on: October 08, 2011, 03:48:12 pm »

I can't run the technic pack. It causes massive amounts of lag. Mostly any pack with Millenaire mod lags for me, but when I leave that mod out, it still lags. I don't know why though.

It doesnt use up much CPU int he task manager, and it doesn't use up all my memory, yet when pressing F3 the entire screen gets filled up. I just don't know whats wrong  :-\

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12759 on: October 08, 2011, 03:57:11 pm »

Thanks, and quick question when you install a mod do you need to makea new world for it to work ?

You only need a new world if something alters chunk creation. MoCreatures, no need for a new world. Watch out for sharks and piranha in water. Sharks will smash your boat.

Millenaire is pretty neat, but will lag as the village makes babies. It certainly brings some autonomous life to the world and might give you some ideas on building design.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #12760 on: October 08, 2011, 03:59:08 pm »

Might be easier to drop sand on it all.
I had not thought of that actually. Thank you that will be of much help!
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12761 on: October 08, 2011, 03:59:51 pm »

I turn Millenaire off, find it a pointless mod because of lag.

Go into the config file in the folder for it in /.minecraft and set generate villages to false, lag solved.

mr. macduggan

• Bay Watcher
  • HEY! LISTEN! HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12762 on: October 08, 2011, 04:04:41 pm »

So I just made my first very complicated redstone device. It's a secret piston door with a lock. If you push the hidden button near it, nothing happens. However, if you 'unlock' the door by throwing an item down a pit, where it flows to a self-clearing pressure pad and a memory cell (which contains the "locked" or "unlocked" state), the button will open the door. A receptacle inside the door also allows for locking and unlocking from the interior. Whenever the door locks or unlocks, a tone plays from a music box. The same pressure pad toggles the lock on and off, which was the hard part of construction. (mostly using a fancy water configuration to allow the items to continue off of the pressure pad while still pulsing it once was a challenge)
I'm fairly proud of my invention, because from the surface you can see absolutely nothing out of the ordinary other than an inconspicuous button.
The only real downside is that the switches from the inside have a seven second delay because of item canal travel time to the pressure plate, but I love it anyway.

Flooding the area with magma removes blood, dust, vomit, goo, mud, and dwarves.
Also, I'm composing digital music over in the Forum Games part of the forums!

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12763 on: October 08, 2011, 04:19:37 pm »

You should really have the button set up to open a random door or something, a button that just sits there and does nothing is gonna make somoene mine out the mountain to find out what's hidden.
*Hugs*

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12764 on: October 08, 2011, 04:21:47 pm »

I turn Millenaire off, find it a pointless mod because of lag.

Go into the config file in the folder for it in /.minecraft and set generate villages to false, lag solved.

The random little buildings in the wilderness are neat to find.
Pages: 1 ... 849 850 [851] 852 853 ... 1380