Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 586 587 [588] 589 590 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2419416 times)

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #8805 on: April 08, 2011, 10:42:09 am »

For those that haven't yet checked the Recipe Book, you can make normal fuel with 1/3 plant clump instead of coal. Saves a bit on coal (it's like real life biodiesel + fossil diesel... I read somewhere that while pure bio is less efficient, the right mixture is actually MORE efficient than pure fossil).

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8806 on: April 08, 2011, 11:16:48 am »

Who here uses both the planes mod and the Milleinaire mod?

*crickets*

...Well anyway I made a little runway building for Milleinare that should get built rather early (the lowest level version requires no actual resources to them at all.)  The level 1 version is just a raised pile of dirt lined with torches.  And the level 2 version is a rather fancy cobblestone stilt runway that should be high enough to make maneuvering around buildings and trees to land a non issue.

However, these runways are very short.  10 blocks long at the most, so it can still be a hairy landing.  After all, they pay you fairly for the resources you supply them with, why should they go out of their way to build a massive civil project just so you can land your fancy high tech flying machine in the middle of town that is liable to burst into flames and burn the whole town down?  If you want a longer runway you'll have to expand it yourself.

Here's a screenshot of the level one runway to give you an idea of what to look for.  With a plane on it for scale.  Rotary V8 Sopwith Camel not included.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

and the contents of the .txt files

Profit!
P.S. I heard u liek modding so i put a mod in your mod so you can play a mod while playing a mod.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 11:24:52 am by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #8807 on: April 08, 2011, 11:20:50 am »

I only use peaceful for when I'm making awesome pieces of art.
Same here. Plus, my policy when playing/exploring new maps is usually peaceful for the first day, easy for the next 2 or 3, then normal for about a week, then hard from there on; provided I play to survive, but still want to make a nice settlement as a base of operations, while I gather some materials to work with in the long run.

Just because I transition into easy, doesn't mean there won't be a creeper hiding in the basement of my house I'm working on when I return with some materials. The easy factor is short, so I'd have to be on my feet pretty darn quick, and find some redstone and/or coal ASAP if I want to survive. Just as well, that isn't too much time to build a secure farm either (iron required for buckets). It's bad enough trying to collect enough wood for a basic settlement in such a short time. Maybe converting a cave system, and planting a house on top of it would be the best approach for a quick and secure settlement.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 11:24:08 am by Itnetlolor »

poca

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8808 on: April 08, 2011, 11:34:37 am »

At first, I was excited about the idea of the Pistons mod but then became skeptical when I realized you couldn't pull blocks and that meant no easy linked pistons opening and closing secret doors and raising and lowering bridges. Then I realized that if you're using pistons the right way you probably don't need doors or bridges because you can fly over onto walls!  :D

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #8809 on: April 08, 2011, 11:39:48 am »

Want a sky fortress that creepers won't destroy, that spiders can't reach, or overall, will have a hard time getting inside? Piston Springboard™, Pissed off? Piston! ;D

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8810 on: April 08, 2011, 11:49:31 am »

I've heard of planes, anyway I could get a link to the other? (Or perhaps, both, since not everyone might have heard of planes)

A google search just brings me to a bunch of news sites talking about how notch is a millionaire, and actually forcing it to search for "Milleinaire" gives me absolutely nothing.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8811 on: April 08, 2011, 11:49:43 am »

Downloaded both IC and Piston mod.

What should I start doing first?

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #8812 on: April 08, 2011, 11:51:41 am »

Downloaded both IC and Piston mod.

What should I start doing first?
When possible, build an extractor and a generator. Then a macerator. Power the macerator and extractor with redstone until you can make batteries.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8813 on: April 08, 2011, 11:53:17 am »

In other words, mine 'till I find redstone <_<

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #8814 on: April 08, 2011, 11:56:03 am »

You can't do much with IC without redstone. :o

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8815 on: April 08, 2011, 11:58:38 am »

Just streamline his way to getting that advanced digger. When any mod brings up that much of a resource investment you gotta make his mining life better.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8816 on: April 08, 2011, 12:03:29 pm »

I've heard of planes, anyway I could get a link to the other? (Or perhaps, both, since not everyone might have heard of planes)

A google search just brings me to a bunch of news sites talking about how notch is a millionaire, and actually forcing it to search for "Milleinaire" gives me absolutely nothing.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=1032&t=247048 < Millenare (sorry seems I was spelling it wrong.  Mod maker is french I think.  Don't worry though, all important bits are english.  Theres just a bit of french thrown in for flavor.)

http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=1032&t=198188 < And just in case here's the planes mod too.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #8817 on: April 08, 2011, 12:13:04 pm »

Just streamline his way to getting that advanced digger. When any mod brings up that much of a resource investment you gotta make his mining life better.
It's entirely necessary to put this in all caps.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Then do whatever...

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8818 on: April 08, 2011, 12:15:02 pm »

That would require me to find those metals in the first place. I can't even find any coal, let alone any iron.

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #8819 on: April 08, 2011, 01:03:48 pm »

That would require me to find those metals in the first place. I can't even find any coal, let alone any iron.

Go west dig down, young man, go West dig down.”
                — (mis)attributed to Horace Greeley.
Pages: 1 ... 586 587 [588] 589 590 ... 1380