Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 544 545 [546] 547 548 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2419742 times)

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #8175 on: March 24, 2011, 10:32:30 pm »

Someone needs to combine IndustrialCraft with MineColony, Store on Collision, Automatic Furnaces, Automatic Workbench, and Minecarts Advanced and create a fully automated factory.
Have workbenches that will make tools for the MineColony people, who'll collect materials that will be taken by the delivery man to a chest where they'll be processed and thrown into a storage cart that will be taken for storage or back to the workbench for more tools.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #8176 on: March 25, 2011, 02:29:16 am »

MineColony gave me a nerd boner.

*goes install*

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #8177 on: March 25, 2011, 03:37:20 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The lumberjack at the bottom of the picture is chopping down the tree at the top of the picture.
damn hax

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #8178 on: March 25, 2011, 07:22:22 am »

Hm.  Is this in bad taste?

Kinda.  Combine it with a StalkerCraft modpack, and then it'll be totally cool.

Nighttime soon, stalker.

This. I want it.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8179 on: March 25, 2011, 09:31:47 am »

Holy fuck. I need to share this story on the Nations At War server.

So for the past two weeks Fire has been utter assholes on the mainland. Any time Earth tries to build they completely demolish it when nobody is on and has constant orders to kill on sight Earth.

It turns out that on day one of the mainland being open Air constructed a fancy room hidden near the Fire base, where they pretended to be their god. Fire thought this was something the admins(We shall call the Magistrates from now on) set up and they did the request Air had put there, which was something like 100 netherrack(They had a ton, so no problem). Air snuck in some diamond armor to make the thing believable, and went on to do other sneaky requests.

During the first week Air constructed a base called Saturn, which they were completely unable to defend. They decided to have Fire to their dirty work and gave something along the following message:
 "The nations shall not overstep their realms! Air shall never let a structure touch the group, Earth will live in their caves, and your opposite foe shall remain in watery strife."
 It was basically telling Fire to tear down Jupiter so they could construct another forward base that was better. However, instead of fighting Water like they intended they followed the flavor text and took that as not allowing any aboveground structure from Earth.

Each nation has a shrine in their Capitol that holds around 300 tokens representing their nation. The challenge for the week was to have the most so you could get a prize from the Magistrates. Air told Fire through the room to burn their tokens. It was then that the head Admin(Ein, not our Ein, a different Ein and for all intents and purposes I'll be referencing him unless stating otherwise) decided things had gone too far and told Fire that it was an Air trick.

Fire was angry that Ein had not told them the trick, and burned all their tokens in protest to the old gods. The Magistrates came down and slaughtered every last Fire nationer and tore their island asunder. But word came out on the deception, and the other nations were enraged.

Earth was in a very strong alliance with Air, coming to their defense multiple times and being the best bros. They seemed to have major problems with the system and never had enough bows or arrows or always seemed to die because they couldn't wear armor. When we heard that they tricked Fire into utterly removing our ability to build on the Mainland and causing several guys to quit because the 'griefing' was too much we were ballistic. So ballistic and also angry at Ein for not telling us that we also burned all our tokens, to which we got the same fate as Fire.

But there was one common cause: Every nation invaded Air at once for the ultimate ball busting of the game. It turns out their complaints of too few bows and arrows and ease of dying in no armor were tricks. They had thousands of arrows ready and at least two full chests of bows. They put up a really good defense, but they could not save their altar from being ransacked.

So yeah, things really flipped on their heads. Everyone is pissed at Air, Earth is now allies with Fire because we both rejected the Magistrates(Stonefather and Earthmother forever!), the gods are angry, Water doesn't know that the fuck to do and Air turns out to be an offensive powerhouse now that they are attacking instead of manipulating.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8180 on: March 25, 2011, 09:40:43 am »

Holy fuck. I need to share this story on the Nations At War server.

So for the past two weeks Fire has been utter assholes on the mainland. Any time Earth tries to build they completely demolish it when nobody is on and has constant orders to kill on sight Earth.

It turns out that on day one of the mainland being open Air constructed a fancy room hidden near the Fire base, where they pretended to be their god. Fire thought this was something the admins(We shall call the Magistrates from now on) set up and they did the request Air had put there, which was something like 100 netherrack(They had a ton, so no problem). Air snuck in some diamond armor to make the thing believable, and went on to do other sneaky requests.

During the first week Air constructed a base called Saturn, which they were completely unable to defend. They decided to have Fire to their dirty work and gave something along the following message:
 "The nations shall not overstep their realms! Air shall never let a structure touch the group, Earth will live in their caves, and your opposite foe shall remain in watery strife."
 It was basically telling Fire to tear down Jupiter so they could construct another forward base that was better. However, instead of fighting Water like they intended they followed the flavor text and took that as not allowing any aboveground structure from Earth.

Each nation has a shrine in their Capitol that holds around 300 tokens representing their nation. The challenge for the week was to have the most so you could get a prize from the Magistrates. Air told Fire through the room to burn their tokens. It was then that the head Admin(Ein, not our Ein, a different Ein and for all intents and purposes I'll be referencing him unless stating otherwise) decided things had gone too far and told Fire that it was an Air trick.

Fire was angry that Ein had not told them the trick, and burned all their tokens in protest to the old gods. The Magistrates came down and slaughtered every last Fire nationer and tore their island asunder. But word came out on the deception, and the other nations were enraged.

Earth was in a very strong alliance with Air, coming to their defense multiple times and being the best bros. They seemed to have major problems with the system and never had enough bows or arrows or always seemed to die because they couldn't wear armor. When we heard that they tricked Fire into utterly removing our ability to build on the Mainland and causing several guys to quit because the 'griefing' was too much we were ballistic. So ballistic and also angry at Ein for not telling us that we also burned all our tokens, to which we got the same fate as Fire.

But there was one common cause: Every nation invaded Air at once for the ultimate ball busting of the game. It turns out their complaints of too few bows and arrows and ease of dying in no armor were tricks. They had thousands of arrows ready and at least two full chests of bows. They put up a really good defense, but they could not save their altar from being ransacked.

So yeah, things really flipped on their heads. Everyone is pissed at Air, Earth is now allies with Fire because we both rejected the Magistrates(Stonefather and Earthmother forever!), the gods are angry, Water doesn't know that the fuck to do and Air turns out to be an offensive powerhouse now that they are attacking instead of manipulating.

IP? that sounds like alot of fun
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8181 on: March 25, 2011, 09:45:28 am »

You'll have to check the Penny Arcade forums, they are only accepting people who have been there for a little bit to cut down on griefing dicks.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8182 on: March 25, 2011, 10:09:45 am »

Sounds like an overly dramatic wank fest to me, but whatever.
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #8183 on: March 25, 2011, 10:50:48 am »

Get shitloads of TNT, build an obsidian bunker just out of Far visionrange of the air island, and use kiershar's range guide for cannons to FUCK THEM THE FUCK UP. Obsidian should be easy enough with Fire's lava stores. Also, see how much TNT it would take to launch a minecart with a person in it onto the air island and do a mass deployment by air.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #8184 on: March 25, 2011, 11:58:41 am »

That's a fantastic idea. You'd do a dual deployment; first a bombardment of TNT, then a wave of troops.

Note you could hypothetically launch arrows with TNT as well. Fire them into a block, then destroy the block and set off the TNT with enough precision and it'd launch 'em in a wall of death.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8185 on: March 25, 2011, 12:41:43 pm »

Considering that most players for the nations are American, Air is primarily Europeans and the server is in Germany, killing creepers for TNT is problematic.

Also TNT doesn't work on home islands because it's a dick move and we are not allowed to damage monuments because really guys, really. It works fine on the mainland, but not for nation invasions.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8186 on: March 25, 2011, 12:43:57 pm »

Build a wall of dispensers, a shower of magma, point it towards their nation and drown them in arrows :)
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #8187 on: March 25, 2011, 12:46:24 pm »

Sounds like an overly dramatic wank fest to me, but whatever.
Drama can be fun as long as everyone realizes it's just a game and doesn't take anything too personally. Good luck with that ever happening.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8188 on: March 25, 2011, 01:01:37 pm »

Build a wall of dispensers, a shower of magma, point it towards their nation and drown them in arrows :)
They have tools for getting easier arrows and they don't have enough arrows for their daily needs.

Mind you we can't make mob farms because they are lame, so no massive walls of stuff or huge 64 TNT bombing runs.

And everyone seems to be taking the recent developments rather well. All this anger and fury is IC, OOC we are all having a blast with how the alliances are getting. Before Air and Earth were bros and Fire and Water were bros. Now there are dimensions other than geography.

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile
« Reply #8189 on: March 25, 2011, 01:05:41 pm »

That server sounds incredibly awesome. If we can't get in that easily, though, maybe we on Bay12 should orchestrate a similar project. Although I'm certainly tempted of joining the PA forums, getting an account there for just that one reason might seem like a bit of a dick move.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 01:07:20 pm by Myroc »
We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.
Pages: 1 ... 544 545 [546] 547 548 ... 1380