Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 542 543 [544] 545 546 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2419766 times)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #8145 on: March 23, 2011, 05:06:08 pm »

Are the industrial  and (whatever mod those ogres are in) mods compatible? How do I use mods in minecraft? Do I just download then drag into some folder and select them in the mods section in-game? If so, how do I select more then one?

Yes the industrial mod and the mo creatures mod are compatible.

Modding currently is a little complex, though both of those mods give detailed instructions in their forum posts.  You will need an archiver program like winRAR that can open and modify .jar files.

Mo' Creatures mod.(birds, horses, sharks, dolphins, ogres, bears, lions, wolves, wraiths, mountable horses including flying Pegasus, and mountable dolphins) EDIT: Horse breeding, dolphin breeding...

IndustrialCraft(Bronze, refined iron, copper, tin, uranium, mining drill, chainsaw, batteries, generators(coal, hydro, geothermal, solar, nuclear), waterproof redstone(cables), mining laser, automated drill miner(works like an oil rig), industrial TNT, Nukes, composite alloy(refined iron bronze and tin), reinforced stone, reinforced glass, terraformer....  EDIT: And a practical use for lapiz lazuli!

Make sure you get the prereq mods listed in each mod's OP too.  I think you need ModLoader v5 for both of them.  They are mostly behind the scenes things that the mods need that you won't see running. But the mods won't run without them.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 05:12:09 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8146 on: March 23, 2011, 05:08:25 pm »

When he comes back online and isn't busy building entire mountain ranges with world-edit and lagging the server to high hell I'll ask.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8147 on: March 23, 2011, 06:26:35 pm »

A nuke placed directly on top of adminium failed to break it.  Also the nuke appears to have made a smaller hole in the surroundings this time.  Still much more than a block of tnt.  But seeming to only be equivalent to 3 or 4 blocks at once instead of whatever was capable of making the big surface crater. 

Estimated crater size  for test near adminium: 10x10x10 (Survived at 48 tiles unharmed)

Estimated crater size of origonal surface blast 15x13x15  (Was lethal at 20 tiles)

Also none of the blast lines that were visible on the surface were visible this time around.  I guess those only effect softer stuff like soil.

P.S. Good news though, the explosion did expose a block of uranium.  I wonder why that didn't explode too.

EDIT: I did the underwater test too.  As expected that did no damage to the surrounding blocks.  There was even a bear nearby that didn't even flinch.  SO it seems the nuke is completely disabled by water.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 07:03:00 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8148 on: March 23, 2011, 07:28:44 pm »

My industrial mod still won't work at all.
Hazordhu 2: Dwarven recruits wanted!
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.  The obvious solution is to chain the baby up at the entrance as a kobold detector.

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #8149 on: March 23, 2011, 09:32:22 pm »

You can't install industrial with a mod manager

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #8150 on: March 23, 2011, 10:29:01 pm »

My industrial mod still won't work at all.

The issue probably is that the IndustrialCraft v3.00_01.zip has all the stuff that you merge into minecraft.jar in a subfolder instead of the zip's outermost folder.

To get Industrial working with my hacky homebrew mod manager batchfile, I
  • unzipped the entire thing,
  • descended into the mod's minecraft folder,
  • re-zipped everything in that folder into a different zip,
  • and used that new zip as the mod to merge.
And then I did the same thing with the Industrially Improved Pickaxe folder, but I probably should have put its only class file in the previous zip I had just made.

So you might give that a shot.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8151 on: March 23, 2011, 11:39:05 pm »

Anybody know the recipe for drilling terraformer?
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

HLBeta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8152 on: March 24, 2011, 12:40:47 am »

Anybody know the recipe for drilling terraformer?
If you read the IndustrialCraft OP carefully, he says that it's one of the program chips with three stone picks forming a downwards arrow, or that's at least a part of it.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 01:54:52 am by HLBeta »
... and then it explodes!

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #8153 on: March 24, 2011, 01:51:26 am »

Holy shit, Industrial update? :O Awesome.

EDIT: Also, minor rage at my current world. I haven't found a single ore or sheep at all. No beds, no better tools. :\
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 02:01:31 am by Jack_Bread »

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #8154 on: March 24, 2011, 03:00:52 am »

What's the most hilarious mod out there?

Well, this wins some points for sounding so obviously like a man making cat noises, even when it turns into a catgirl.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #8155 on: March 24, 2011, 03:22:45 am »

Yeah, Kodaichi's a genius! :D

Also, this mod adds a Zelda-like heart system. :O

EDIT:
Arg, I haven't even hit coal, yet!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 04:44:17 am by Jack_Bread »

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8156 on: March 24, 2011, 05:10:35 am »

Well, this wins some points for sounding so obviously like a man making cat noises, even when it turns into a catgirl.

Okay, that was kinda cool and vague useful... Then comes the catgirls.  That's just weird and creepy, on top of being stupid.  What if I want my cat to be male?  Or at least, never be an object of vaguely (and very blocky) sexual interest?  Ugh, Duke get in there and mod that guy, it's your job.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #8157 on: March 24, 2011, 06:02:32 am »

Something that I use for mods is, because I'm lazy, TFC's mod manager. Very fast for the lazy people like me.

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8158 on: March 24, 2011, 08:23:43 am »

You can't install industrial with a mod manager
I havn't been.
I've done everything right, all new more id's mod, newest mod manager, and newest industrial craft.
It causes black screen even though I am doing it right, I've been installing more complicated mods for a LONG time.
Hazordhu 2: Dwarven recruits wanted!
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.  The obvious solution is to chain the baby up at the entrance as a kobold detector.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8159 on: March 24, 2011, 08:27:28 am »

If you are using the industrial pickaxe did you turn on the industrial pickaxe in the config text file?  Same with the nanosuit.

I never had any difficulty with it but the text file claims if those aren't set to true when their files are installed it crashes. (To turn them on remove the # from the front of the relevant line near the top of the config.  The tags for turning them on are commented out by default)

(Also just in case if they are set to true in the config and NOT actually installed it also crashes)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 08:30:13 am by Greiger »
Pages: 1 ... 542 543 [544] 545 546 ... 1380