Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 278 279 [280] 281 282 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2421587 times)

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft: Like Infiniminer but in Java and in Alpha
« Reply #4185 on: September 18, 2010, 05:42:40 am »

It seems my atheros nic on my asus p5q pro is causing my End of stream and socket problem.

:(

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4186 on: September 18, 2010, 05:43:40 am »

I'm having a hard time finding iron, I've looked in natural caves but so far only found 5 iron and my first death(I fell off my beacon tower, but didn't die to the spider infestation  :P). Are you supposed to mine down in the caves? Or should veins be visible without mining?
I've mined down in my home cave I carved out, and found some sort of open space which I haven't investigated yet, so that might hold iron.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4187 on: September 18, 2010, 06:07:05 am »

you may just be unlucky. I had to explore huge cave systems to get a decent amount of iron. and I still wouldn't waste it on things like armor because it takes so much effort to get ore. Also, the caves are depleted.

I suggest you investigate that cavern. It is possible it even leads down to magma.

If you still find nothing, then you will have either to dig a lot, or explore to find more caverns.

By the way, may I ask advice? I am building a small church for an human castle. should I have a vertical cross in the far end of the church, or a bigger cross in the the floor?
I know I could have both, but I want one of the to have a gold block.
I think I'll build the vertical one , but it never hurts to ask suggestions.

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4188 on: September 18, 2010, 06:24:31 am »

Thanks andrea. I'm playing singleplayer btw, not on any servers.
I checked out the cavern, it's small and only has coal and a surprising amount of soil and gravel.

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4189 on: September 18, 2010, 06:32:38 am »

Just found a mountain full of big caverns, and zombies, this better be worth it.
Andrea, if it's aesthetical, I'd say put it on whichever is most visible. If the floor one is bigger and more impressive than that one :P
E: Just struck adminium or w/e it's called, still nothing but coal as of yet. I've found 10 iron in one of those big caverns, not done exploring yet.
E: Redstone :D
« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 07:07:00 am by Cheese »

Calhoun

• Bay Watcher
  • Reusable-Box
    • View Profile
« Reply #4190 on: September 18, 2010, 06:59:10 am »

What the Hell happened where Minecraft now crashes when it didn't before, and why can't I fix this?

What's your GPU? I know ATI cards often have problems with MC. Worst case scenario, roll back your drivers (or wait for new ones).
I know it's unrealistic, but I can't help but imagine little bearded babies for dwarves. In my mind, they come out of the womb fully bearded. That's how the mother carries them around, too, she just drags them around by the beard or ties it to her belt. When the father's on duty, he just ties their beards together and the baby just kind of hangs there, swinging to and fro with Urist McDaddy's movements.

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4191 on: September 18, 2010, 09:14:15 am »

I just hit magma, loads of iron around it. Might even find diamonds.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4192 on: September 18, 2010, 09:35:17 am »

congratulations! post pictures if you find any interesting place.

dwarfguy2

• Bay Watcher
  • Human Meta Knight... 0_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #4193 on: September 18, 2010, 09:52:37 am »

my hut is on pics!
Caution: This user may or may not be a horrible evil Elder God from the deepest regions of space. He also may or may not be a lawyer.

Lap

• Bay Watcher
  • I <3 Lua
    • View Profile
« Reply #4194 on: September 18, 2010, 10:04:41 am »

I have hundreds of redstone and it makes me sad I can't find any use for it yet. I wish you could combine redstone with minetracks to make "powered minetracks" that would add velocity in the current direction. Even if it needed gold I could live with that too since I'm in a similar situation there.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 10:06:33 am by Lap »

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4195 on: September 18, 2010, 10:11:18 am »

I have hundreds of redstone and it makes me sad I can't find any use for it yet. I wish you could combine redstone with minetracks to make "powered minetracks" that would add velocity in the current direction. Even if it needed gold I could live with that too since I'm in a similar situation there.
A calculator similar to that one made in DF?

I think I just made obsidian with magma and water. I also seem to have gained infinite magma from one bucket load.
E: Or possibly stone, it mines in a second..
E: Nope, magma went out and it's just stone.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 10:17:03 am by Cheese »

Lap

• Bay Watcher
  • I <3 Lua
    • View Profile
« Reply #4196 on: September 18, 2010, 10:32:07 am »

Heh, I've already had my fun making elaborate wired contraptions in Garry's Mod's WireMod. I'd rather spend my time coding. If only MineCraft had a Lua addon system I'd crap out tons of stuff. Maybe one day...

Magma often seems infinite, but usually you're just pulling magma from a lower z-level and the stuff on top is just too slow disappearing for it to look like you've lost any magma.

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4197 on: September 18, 2010, 11:08:23 am »

You know, Minecraft reminds me of Gmod in it's early days a bit. Everyone goes on servers, makes tonnes of random crap, some through amazing creativity, actually practical. Wiremod changed the servers of Gmod from that lovely community building feeling where you had all your weird creations in some corner on construct to everyone silently wiring away at overly complex crap in the least amount of props possible on some souped up map with train tracks on it. And the elitism over hoverballs and stuff, I mean, sometimes you cba to develop a wire E2 apply force propulsion system for your ship with it's already complex radar. A bit OT, but I just hope nothing messes up MC like that, not that wiremod was a bad thing or anything.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4198 on: September 18, 2010, 11:19:33 am »

You know, Minecraft reminds me of Gmod in it's early days a bit. Everyone goes on servers, makes tonnes of random crap, some through amazing creativity, actually practical. Wiremod changed the servers of Gmod from that lovely community building feeling where you had all your weird creations in some corner on construct to everyone silently wiring away at overly complex crap in the least amount of props possible on some souped up map with train tracks on it. And the elitism over hoverballs and stuff, I mean, sometimes you cba to develop a wire E2 apply force propulsion system for your ship with it's already complex radar. A bit OT, but I just hope nothing messes up MC like that, not that wiremod was a bad thing or anything.

There's already a Minecraft Wiremod equivalent. It's called Redstone.

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4199 on: September 18, 2010, 11:20:46 am »

I know, but it doesn't consume everybody.
Pages: 1 ... 278 279 [280] 281 282 ... 1380