Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2421123 times)

Krelos

• Bay Watcher
  • Was nauseated by the sun recently.
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft: Like Infiniminer but in Java and in Alpha
« Reply #1275 on: March 12, 2010, 10:26:50 pm »

I wouldn't mind at all. love the idea.  :D
Quote from: Ravenplucker
Quote from: Aklyon
Quote from: smokingwreckage
In order to improve the universe's frame rate, we must all throw rocks into volcanoes and then do absolutely nothing, worldwide, for a week, to take pressure off pathfinding.
or maybe throw them into the large hadron collider to atom-smash them instead.
Not to mention to throw all available animals into tiny pits.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: March 12, 2010, 10:56:21 pm »

Alright folks, I'm having a problem.
 I know there is a program that converts .dat files to the new .NBT files the indev version uses. However, using the converter and uploading the map results in a buggy mess that nearly crashes firefox.

Here is the map.

I just nabbed a section of a WoM server and edited it to make this map, which I hope to make a floating survival map for deep space survival. If anybody can make this map work in indev then please send me a copy and explain how you did it.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: March 12, 2010, 10:57:33 pm »

I'd be glad to host it if you don't mind. If you want to host it because it's your map it's really up to you, let me know. I think it'd be great if we all gathered one one DF themed server for the time being. :)
The problem with that is that it's gotta be planned! And I haven't seen much planning on all Minecraft servers I've been on. On the last map, it was like "Yeah... There's lotsa water there. Let's build an underwater fortress.", then I built my obligatory Stairway to Heaven and it was like "Yeah... Let's make some sky bridges." and so on and so forth.
It's extremely awesome, but it's just so mashed together. And on the mountain map, you can't even see what people at the next mountain are doing. It will be very chaotic, but that's not the way it's supposed to be, because this is supposed to be an awesome dwarven fortress! For example, we should have a generalized tunnel height and width.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 10:59:57 pm by MC Dirty »

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: March 12, 2010, 11:11:56 pm »

Alright, I'll at least have a message when you log in. We'll go for a Dwarf Fort themed map starting late tonight. I'll let people wrap up their current projects on this map and then I'll load the two maps up for people to mess around in when I change to Krelos' map.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 11:13:59 pm by KaelGotDwarves »

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: March 12, 2010, 11:25:00 pm »

the gz file is being a pain in the ass, hold a sec.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: March 12, 2010, 11:27:34 pm »

I finished a sorta biodome with lots of help from xgamer4, it's underneath the horizontal chessboard.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: March 12, 2010, 11:28:05 pm »

I'll load the two maps up for people to mess around in when I change to Krelos' map.
Thank you, thank you very much! ;D
I'm SO gonna do a gigantic screenshot post again. Except this time, it's gonna be even MORE gigantic. xD I can't wait for the Dwarf Fortress map. ^^

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: March 12, 2010, 11:32:03 pm »

Krelos, how did you package that thing? It's generating a new map for me every time and if I attempt to extract and repackage it as .dat it gives me errors.

Xgamer4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: March 12, 2010, 11:34:35 pm »

If you ever figure out how to fix it, I'd like to know how. I ran into the exact same issue with just-generated maps on my server. Same error, too. The null-pointer exception. I wound up just generating maps until they played nicely, though Krelos' obviously worked at some point in time, if he managed to get screenshots for us.
insert something mind-blowing/witty here*

Krelos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: March 12, 2010, 11:37:39 pm »

Krelos, how did you package that thing? It's generating a new map for me every time and if I attempt to extract and repackage it as .dat it gives me errors.
I didnt package it at all actually... just uploaded the straight file.. hmm..

[dumb_question]You are remembering to remove the 2 from the file name?[/dumb_question]

I'll try reuploading it.. maybe something went wrong there.
In order to improve the universe's frame rate, we must all throw rocks into volcanoes and then do absolutely nothing, worldwide, for a week, to take pressure off pathfinding.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: March 12, 2010, 11:39:35 pm »

Well, I think the error stems from repackaging. The maps themselves, if you gen using ZOMG or similar minecraft map gens, require you to archive the maps from the genned level files using 7z. I'm guessing that since he repackaged that file again to upload it to mediafire, unzipping it and attempting to make it work gives me all sorts of funky errors.

yes, I changed the filename.

See if you can upload it as the original .dat file, not .dat.gz

Krelos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: March 12, 2010, 11:41:17 pm »

Alright folks, I'm having a problem.
 I know there is a program that converts .dat files to the new .NBT files the indev version uses. However, using the converter and uploading the map results in a buggy mess that nearly crashes firefox.

Here is the map.

I just nabbed a section of a WoM server and edited it to make this map, which I hope to make a floating survival map for deep space survival. If anybody can make this map work in indev then please send me a copy and explain how you did it.

I got it to work for me.
What I did was, in Omen, go to the environment tab on the right, and make the edge water type lava.
For some reason it wants to make the surrounding ocean lava, which I dont know how to change.
In indev liquids flow off the map edge, so I think what was happening was the water flowing forever, rocking over the lava... yeah, memory crash.

Ohh wait.. you said Survival... not Indev... durr.

Double Durr, you did say Indev.. I might be sleepy. Yeah, that's it.. sleepy
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 12:47:10 am by Krelos »

Krelos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: March 12, 2010, 11:45:37 pm »

http://www.mediafire.com/file/eglnt4jljkz/server_level2.rar

I put the .dat into a rar archive file.. should work? Here's hoping.

Xgamer4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: March 12, 2010, 11:46:26 pm »

Well, I think the error stems from repackaging. The maps themselves, if you gen using ZOMG or similar minecraft map gens, require you to archive the maps from the genned level files using 7z.

Really? zOMG's readme/config said to gzip it, which is what I was doing on my server. I guess that would explain my large number of problems. Are you sure it's 7z, though?
insert something mind-blowing/witty here*

Krelos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: March 12, 2010, 11:48:37 pm »

http://www.mediafire.com/file/eglnt4jljkz/server_level2.rar

I put the .dat into a rar archive file.. should work? Here's hoping.

This -should- be a working file. I Dl-ed it, unpacked it, and am able to host it. So it should work for you... seems like.
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 1380