Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 578 579 [580] 581 582 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2419737 times)

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #8685 on: April 05, 2011, 03:40:01 am »

Can I download IndustrialCraft and get it working with another mod at thee same time? I want to defend my factory with guns and shit against the toughest mo******ckers possible.
Yeah. You can include IndustrialCraft's config into your .minecraft folder and use it to edit Item and Block IDs. I recommend AutoID, though it doesn't work on item IDs.
Also, 1.4_01 is out, removing the Steve co. chests.

EDIT: Ninja'd

GamerKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • All hail Urist McNoble and his adamantium socks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8686 on: April 05, 2011, 04:37:31 am »

K, got it up and running. What's a good seed for finding tin and copper?
Love is just a chemical. We give it meaning by choice.

Dwarf Fortress : Crimes Against Nature, Man, God, Sanity and Simple Common Sense Simulator.

Dwarf Fortress: Turning men into monsters, and kittens into food since 2006.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8687 on: April 05, 2011, 04:42:11 am »

They're all good.
Tin and copper are ridiculously common.
I find more of them than coal.
I say grab a good one for iron and roll with it.

GamerKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • All hail Urist McNoble and his adamantium socks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8688 on: April 05, 2011, 04:45:41 am »

I can't find any copper or tin. I found one block of uranium, but thats it.
Love is just a chemical. We give it meaning by choice.

Dwarf Fortress : Crimes Against Nature, Man, God, Sanity and Simple Common Sense Simulator.

Dwarf Fortress: Turning men into monsters, and kittens into food since 2006.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8689 on: April 05, 2011, 04:47:27 am »

Dig deeper mayhaps?
I'm drowning in it.
Was, I suppose.
Haven't actually played since new version...

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8690 on: April 05, 2011, 05:05:57 am »

I managed to build a really space-efficient Solar Array.

Apparently, the latest update doesn't allow switch cables and MFE transmitters to both receive power from the top and release it thru the bottom, so I based the whole design in only using the 4 sides for inputs. I'm uploading a video right now, but here are some screenshots of what it looks like (this is an array of four "sections", a section has 16 solar panels and can be tiled indefinitely, I guess)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'll post a link to the buildage video when it's finished uploading  8)

UPDATE: And here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ygrojaMow4

I even added a little free background tune. Very modern!
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 09:42:48 am by Sergius »

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8691 on: April 05, 2011, 07:43:02 am »

UPDOOOT! Mostly just a fix to the bed spawner thing I think.
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

poca

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8692 on: April 05, 2011, 10:47:20 am »

So I just started playing around with mods this weekend. I don't have WinRAR or 7z installed but I happened to know that you can just rename minecraft.jar to minecraft.jar.zip. So you cnan use the Windows GUI to delete the META-INF folder and copy all the mod's data into the right place. I wrote toggle.cmd which lets me toggle the minecraft.jar with a single click. I figured I'd post it here for anyone who wants to try it out:

Spoiler: "toggle.cmd" (click to show/hide)

I created a folder in ".minecraft" called "mods" and another folder in there called "beta 1.4" with the mod zip files. I've got the IndustrialCraft mod along with a couple of mods from the mod loader guy: ModLoader, Floodgate and LightSensor. I also tried to get the Pistons mod but it kept black screening and the  Floodgate mod looked more promising so I just skipped it.

IndustrialCraft really does add a whole new level to the game. Energy use in Minecraft was using sticks, planks and coal in furnaces and this mod seems to be about making and using energy sources. I'm really excited with all the possibilities!

I think the EC Manipulator is almost required to really understand what is going on but its advertised components carry an insane price which includes redstone, glowstone and lapus lazuli! I stumbled a really really cheap version of the EC Manipulator:

While I think the mod is good on the whole, I wanted to offer a suggestion that I think would make it even better: the entire nuclear industry isn't even remotely believable. I understand that realism isn't going happen in Minecraft or its mods but I think even kids are expecting you to use nuclear fuel in a nuclear reactor which will give you power. The recent accident in Japan has also served to futher educate the masses (myself included) on how nuclear power works. I'll skip the technical details and just make a suggestion: use uran ore in the Maceratron to get uran powder, use the powder in the compressor to get a fuel rod, and finally put fuel rods in the Chernobyl Two Nuclear Reactor (tm). I'd like to see the rods last forever. I also feel like I have to say that uran shouldn't be that color. ;)

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8693 on: April 05, 2011, 11:00:29 am »

Ugh, modloader has been updated for 1.4_01 and I can't find the "old" ModLoader Beta 1.4v2 that was for Beta 1.4.

Anyone have a copy for that? I'm not sure the newer one will work without updating.

EDIT: Never mind, apparently all mods that worked should work with 1.4_01, especially if they use ModLoader I guess, I just need to re-un-vanilla my jar.

EDIT2: Apparently not...
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 11:11:22 am by Sergius »

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #8694 on: April 05, 2011, 11:50:41 am »

Can I download IndustrialCraft and get it working with another mod at thee same time? I want to defend my factory with guns and shit against the toughest mo******ckers possible.

Note that IndustrialCraft doesn't work with the SDK Guns mod.  Both add too much stuff, and some limit or other gets overflowed.  So try to find a smaller gun mod, or see if there is a cut-down version of SDK Guns.

(IndustrialCraft is a hog.  It allocates two entire blocks for most machines, as far as I can see it could get away with 0.25 blocks per machine, or even 0.0625 if there's no facing info kept at all.  Wasteful.  At least the dev has acknowledged the issue.)

Leonon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8695 on: April 05, 2011, 02:38:16 pm »

It doesn't run out of block IDs it runs out of sprites.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8696 on: April 05, 2011, 02:46:29 pm »

Are you right clicking with the wrench?

AFAIK the wrench is supposed to guarantee recovery of all IndustrialCraft mechanisms.

Wrench guarantees only 100% recovery of mines and terraformers, since they're supposed to be mobile.

Other machines have a good chance of recovery, but in case of failure you get a simple machine box that you can turn into a different machine.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8697 on: April 06, 2011, 01:35:22 pm »

Is there any way to stop slimes from spawning? it is annoying to kill them every time I mine in my deep tunnels.

SniHjen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Hacenten
« Reply #8698 on: April 06, 2011, 01:37:44 pm »

More light, and do you have water down there? think that has something to do with slimespawns.

If not, then no.
That [Magma] is a bit deep down there, don't you think?
You really aren't thinking like a dwarf.

If you think it is down too far, you move it up until it reaches an acceptable elevation.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8699 on: April 06, 2011, 01:53:32 pm »

Move your mine half a dozen squares oven on the x axis, I think. It might be the y, but I'm pretty sure it's x.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.
Pages: 1 ... 578 579 [580] 581 582 ... 1380