Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 576 577 [578] 579 580 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2419800 times)

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #8655 on: April 04, 2011, 05:23:36 pm »

I like small cabins too... mostly because I am fairly bad at big architecture though.

this time, I think I'll try to be different... I'll built a city completely sealed in cobblestone. impossible to know whether you are on the surface or near bedrock, on normal world or nether.

just a dream of course, and it probably wouldn't be that interesting anyway. but linking buildings through covered paths really helps against monsters, and allows me to work at night.

Leonon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8656 on: April 04, 2011, 05:25:28 pm »

I went through and figured out a couple more undocumented Industrialcraft features

Rails can be made with bronze instead of Iron but you only get 4 instead of 16.

Regular fuel can be made using 1 part compressed plantclump and 2 parts compressed coal.

Spoiler: Recipe for Super Fuel (click to show/hide)

Buckets can be made of tin instead of iron.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 05:32:29 pm by Leonon »

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8657 on: April 04, 2011, 05:32:07 pm »

the rail one will be useful. I have way too much copper/tin, and some rails will be useful to travel across large distances.

are you sure that the super fuel is useful? it doesn't look stable...

edit: just dropped my automated miner in another place...
tin, tin, copper, copper.  who wrote in the wiki that tin is rarer than iron and copper? I find more tin than coal!
I need to get solar panels soon, or I'll burn down whole forests trying to power those things by batteries.
not that I have anything against massive deforestation, but cutting down all those trees, then turning them into coal is tiring.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 05:34:36 pm by andrea »

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #8658 on: April 04, 2011, 05:40:41 pm »

I need to get solar panels soon, or I'll burn down whole forests trying to power those things by batteries.
*Hefts axe*
Not that I have anything against massive deforestation, but cutting down all those trees, then turning them into coal is tiring.
*Lowers axe*
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Leonon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8659 on: April 04, 2011, 05:44:26 pm »

Super Fuel has 3* as much energy as regular fuel.

Spoiler: Recipe for Nuke TNT (click to show/hide)

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8660 on: April 04, 2011, 05:46:43 pm »

PTTG, you gave me a great idea! tin buckets to store lots of magma. I can power miners by geothermal, using magma extracted by miners themselves! as soon as i get enough iron for a new generator i'll do that.

only 3x? not worth it.

nuke however seems interesting... i wonder how much ore survives the blast.

how do you find all these recipes?

Leonon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8661 on: April 04, 2011, 05:50:07 pm »

I'm magic.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8662 on: April 04, 2011, 05:55:05 pm »

Super Fuel has 3* as much energy as regular fuel.

Spoiler: Recipe for Nuke TNT (click to show/hide)
Where are you finding these out? Are you poking around in the code for it or something?
the rail one will be useful. I have way too much copper/tin, and some rails will be useful to travel across large distances.

are you sure that the super fuel is useful? it doesn't look stable...

edit: just dropped my automated miner in another place...
tin, tin, copper, copper.  who wrote in the wiki that tin is rarer than iron and copper? I find more tin than coal!
not that I have anything against massive deforestation, but cutting down all those trees, then turning them into coal is tiring.
Just use the super fuel in a generator. Slightly more expensive, but hella worth it.

Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8663 on: April 04, 2011, 06:03:49 pm »

At the moment, i use fuel when i recharge lots of batteries.  but it is annoying to have to sit there and wait for the batteries to pop out of the generator. a geothermal generator requires less crafting.

super fuel seems a good idea for people who have lots of gunpowder. but i still think it could explode.

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8664 on: April 04, 2011, 06:43:00 pm »

I'm not respawning at my bed either, is there a min distance from your starting spawn point you have to be before it will reset?
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8665 on: April 04, 2011, 06:44:51 pm »

At the moment, i use fuel when i recharge lots of batteries.  but it is annoying to have to sit there and wait for the batteries to pop out of the generator. a geothermal generator requires less crafting.

You might consider building MFE "battery stacks:" a staircase configuration of MFEs and wires that will let you store electricity. This lets you hook up a bunch of generators at one end and the MFEs will fill up with power incrementally. If you need recharge batteries then you can use the MFEs rather than the generators directly. This lets you stick a bunch of fuel in in the generators and then let them burn while you're off mining (provided, I think that whatever chunk the generators are on stays loaded - not sure what the restrictions are in that respect). The concern would be making sure the battery is large enough/making sure you don't put too much fuel in the generators to "overcharge" them, though the only risk in that respect is lost fuel.

Jay's IndustrialCraft page  has an example. The torches aren't really necessary, the MFEs will manage themselves, unless you want them all to fill up before sending their charge along, for some reason.

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #8666 on: April 04, 2011, 06:52:30 pm »

Does anyone have anu tips for mining iron?  I dig long tunnels, but all I find are tons of tin and copper. in which layers should I dig for optimal results?
There's a secret recipe for blending tin and copper to get iron.

Any hints? I know you can make bronze, which is listed in the post anyway, so I wouldn't consider it secret.

Using ore? Dust? Ingots?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: recipe (click to show/hide)

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8667 on: April 04, 2011, 07:48:44 pm »

Thanks Peewee, but Leonon already covered it in a spoiler.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8668 on: April 04, 2011, 08:29:31 pm »

I think the beds not setting spawns is a bug.  Something about it not working in SSP because it requires you to push the button that gets you out of bed to set it.  But that button doesn't exist in SSP because you are the only one there and the moment you enter the bed you go to sleep.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #8669 on: April 04, 2011, 08:30:41 pm »

Jay's IndustrialCraft page  has an example. The torches aren't really necessary, the MFEs will manage themselves, unless you want them all to fill up before sending their charge along, for some reason.
When I made it, it was :P
The switch cables that make the solar flower even more OP weren't implemented, and neither was that "wires don't discharge unless something uses that power" feature.

Lots has changed in the short time since I made that document.
However, it still serves its purpose, as evidenced by the fact that you linked to it in the first place :P
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries
Pages: 1 ... 576 577 [578] 579 580 ... 1380