Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 804645 times)

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #2265 on: July 06, 2009, 09:57:48 am »

Yeaaaaah. I uploaded it so mappers and coders could mess around with it.  :P

Oh =P

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2266 on: July 06, 2009, 10:30:24 am »

if you all want, i can host the game, itll be from around an hour ago 3 o'clock to 10 o'clock here.

ill just need the files, i can run it in the background.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #2267 on: July 06, 2009, 11:04:29 am »

Did you include the door construction and DF-names?

Not that you have to or anything, but the names really fit a DF server.
Either way I'll see soon.
Eh?
Eh!

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2268 on: July 06, 2009, 11:21:52 am »

Hello, Yanlin. I am sending this message to redeem myself among your imaginary hierarchy, and maybe give you a little explanation for my actions.

We both know that a griefer, a REAL griefer, is a unique creature. Spawned by total lack of repercussions and millions of possibilities, they plague games for good, honest players. Let's review the 3 basic rules that accompany a griefer:

1. They ussually have names not normally found in everyday life, thus breaking the cardinal RP rule. Such examples include: 'Sir. Shagalot', 'Fagballs', 'Emo Git'. Many names are just repetitions of words that are not found in formal conversation.

2. They will do everything in their power to screw with the minds and gameplay of other players, not just admins. For example, they could make a server-shattering bomb, but one would want to extend their suffering for as long as possible. So, doing mundane things that require mundane cleanup, therefore resulting in almost a chore for the players involved. This angers a individual player MUCH more than simply crashing the game.

3. They do all these thing out of their own will, with a pre-determined intent.

The Definition of Treason

"In law, treason is the crime that covers some of the more serious acts of disloyalty to one's sovereign or nation. Treason also covers the murder of specific social superiors, such as the murder of a husband by his wife (treason against the king was known as high treason and treason against a lesser superior was petit treason). A person who commits treason is known in law as a traitor."

The Social Rank aboard a ship

Captain - The supreme authority aboard a ship, the Captain is subservient only to the wishes of the ship's owner. It should be noted that most Pirate Captains have stolen their ships from the original owners, and thus own their vessels. It should also be noted that the Captain rarely takes an active role in the day to day running of a ship, reserving only the most important decisions for himself, and leaving the rest to the care of his officers.

First Officer - Also known as First Mate and Second in Command. The man seen on a daily basis as "The One in charge" On larger ships, the crew may never even see the Captain, but they will see his First Officer every morning, noon, and night. The First Officer tends to occupy the most visible role of leadership aboard large Vessels. Obviously on smaller ships, the Captain fills most of these duties, and the First Officer is releagted to the role of 'Captain's Assistant.'

Second Officer - Member of the Command responsible for enforcing dicipline and exacting punishment. Either hated, feared, respected, or some measure of all three by the crew. Most often it is the Second Officer who deals most closely with the crew, thus the 2nd Officer is sometimes looked down on by his fellow officers. Whether the ship is small or large, the Second officer is the man who fills the diciplinary role.

Navigator - The only man onboard a ship who is required to be educated, the Navigator studies the dizzying myriad of charts, maps, and grids in order to find the best way to get where the Captain wishes to go. Calculating winds, tides, and times, the word of the Navigator is rarely understood entirely, but is always followed.

Ship's Doctor - The Crewman who sees to it that sick crewman are returned to active duty as quickly as possible...often by ensuring that their stay in the infirmary is as uncomfortable as can be imagined. Though not complete sadists, Ship Surgeons were most often genuine Doctors who were much better paid than their land-based contemporaries, especially when a Doctor's patron was a wealthy Pirate. Also of note is the largely mistaken belief that Ship Doctors were able to declare Officer's 'unfit for duty.' Such authority did not exist as a rule until the 18th century, and even then only among ships of the British Royal Navy.

Beyond this, all listed stations have no specific place in the command structure of a vessel. If all the above Officers are killed, then Command falls to whoever takes it.

I hope you can re-consider your stance on my actions. Also, I know this does not fall in the normal rules of RP, so there's no way anyone but me (A nerd) could know this. Still, it was an accident, not a serious attempt to ruin the game for everyone. Also, that bomb I made? That was for the AI, who happened to be the traitor. I asked it to shutdown but it refused, so I went to other alternatives.

(To everyone else; I accidentally messed up the engine while as captain.  :-X)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 11:24:19 am by woose1 »

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2269 on: July 06, 2009, 11:26:20 am »

Did you include the door construction and DF-names?

Not that you have to or anything, but the names really fit a DF server.
Either way I'll see soon.

I'll let Floirt add it in. I have no idea what Im doing.

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2270 on: July 06, 2009, 11:28:58 am »

I have no idea what I'm doing.
Uh oh.

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2271 on: July 06, 2009, 11:36:19 am »

Oi, Johbson, Yanlin told me to take up my ban with you. Here's the story:

The AI started out as traitor, but we reset it. The goal of the game is to kill the traitor or survive, so I chose the former option. I ordered it to shutdown, but it refused. Then, at my first attempt to create a 2000 degree bomb, I failed horribly and messed up the engine. Yanlin dropped in on my little act and tried to disarm me. I, thinking that a captain has a right to shoot or arrest any 'Traitor' aboard the station (Even though it is not practiced in normal RP), zapped him and handcuffed him. I was then banned. Keep in mind that I had been warned before for making a bomb for the captain, and accidentally triggering my booby trap in the escape shuttle hallway.

Don't take up too much time with it. I know how busy you are *coding.  :P

*Trying to make sense of the code
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 11:38:26 am by woose1 »

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2272 on: July 06, 2009, 11:38:56 am »

The AI started out as traitor, but we reset it. The goal of the game is to kill the traitor or survive, so I chose the former option. I ordered it to shutdown, but it refused. Then, at my first attempt to create a 2000 degree bomb, I failed horribly and messed up the engine. Yanlin dropped in on my little act and tried to disarm me. I, thinking that a captain has a right to shoot or arrest any 'Traitor' aboard the station, zapped him and handcuffed him. I was then banned. Keep in mind that I had been warned before for making a bomb for the captain, and accidentally triggering my booby trap in the escape shuttle hallway.

Tell me about the engine thing, and the bomb thing or something, the people on the server were horribly unclear because everyone ignores everything I say >.>

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2273 on: July 06, 2009, 11:41:40 am »

The AI started out as traitor, but we reset it. The goal of the game is to kill the traitor or survive, so I chose the former option. I ordered it to shutdown, but it refused. Then, at my first attempt to create a 2000 degree bomb, I failed horribly and messed up the engine. Yanlin dropped in on my little act and tried to disarm me. I, thinking that a captain has a right to shoot or arrest any 'Traitor' aboard the station, zapped him and handcuffed him. I was then banned. Keep in mind that I had been warned before for making a bomb for the captain, and accidentally triggering my booby trap in the escape shuttle hallway.

Tell me about the engine thing, and the bomb thing or something, the people on the server were horribly unclear because everyone ignores everything I say >.>
What? I thought I did?

EDIT: I accidentally fried the engine controls WITH PLASMA!!!

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2274 on: July 06, 2009, 12:08:58 pm »

i listen to you Johb.

BTW, is the server up?

Cajoes

• Bay Watcher
  • "I'm a damn cat."
    • View Profile
    • http://none
« Reply #2275 on: July 06, 2009, 12:09:47 pm »

(To everyone else; I accidentally messed up the engine while as captain.  :-X)
Don't sweat it. First time I was captain I managed to teleport myself into space. :{D

Code: [Select]
                         Me
                          │
                       Captain
                          │
                  Head of Personell
                          │
       ┌──────────────────┼────────────────────┐
Head of Research          │              Head of Security
       │          Head of Maintenance          │
Geneticists               │              Security Officers
Chemists              Engineers          Forensic Technician   
Doctors               Atmos Techs        Fire Fighters
Toxicologists         Janitors                 │
       │                  │                    │
       └──────────────────┼────────────────────┘
                          │
                      AI
                      Assistants
                      Monkeys
                      Monkey droppings
                      Clowns
                      Syndicates
                         │
                        You

This should be sort of accurate.
Quote from: Roman Proverb
Do not argue against the sun. For it is a lot brighter than you are.

Trorbes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2276 on: July 06, 2009, 12:11:10 pm »

Hey, Floirt, can you check the clearance levels for Head of Maintenance?  Currently he can't open airlocks or the storage room next to engineering, even though he CAN get into EVA and the engine itself.

Also, what's with the firelocks in the engine's mass driver?  I think those are rather counter to the point of the mass drivers being there in the first place.

Jakkarra:  Yes, it is.  We even have a game going.

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2277 on: July 06, 2009, 12:41:33 pm »

Which is great but I can't play with you guys! D:

Also, nice chart.  ;D

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 950