Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 804649 times)

Trorbes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #2250 on: July 05, 2009, 11:34:09 pm »

Basically, the components of a protobomb is the same as any normal bomb, the only difference is that the plasma is heated well beyond the 500 degree limit of the plasma heaters in toxins.

To make any bomb, you get an igniter, a signaling device*, and a small tank of (heated) plasma, and a screwdriver and welder to construct it.  You use the screwdriver on the igniter and signaling device, put them together, use the screwdriver on the resulting component, put that on the tank of plasma, and use the welder (after turning it on, of course) on the bomb.  There are guides that explain it better, but those are the basics.

* A Remote Signaling Radio, a Timer, or A Proximity Device.  Timers are the most common, and if you're actually considering a protobomb, there's no reason to use anything else.

Heating the plasma, specifically to levels capable of ruining the game for everyone, is accomplished from taking plasma from an engine.  That's done by hooking an empty large plasma tank to an inlet, draining some  plasma from the engine, and then hooking up an empty small plasma tank to the large tank and filling it with the superhot plasma.  Now, main-engine plasma can get hot enough to destroy much of the station itself, but the protobomb, one capable of knocking out the server, is largely possible only with the prototype engine and the sheer amount of heat that's generated when several tanks of burning plasma occupy only three squares.  It takes a lot of setup to get it running, and if you aren't allowed to get the prototype engine up you're screwed (or at least hindered), but if you've got access to engineering, you've got all the tools to make one.

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2251 on: July 05, 2009, 11:39:39 pm »

Seems good enough for me!
Now... Anyone wants to /i/nvade?

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2252 on: July 06, 2009, 01:11:45 am »

hmmmm but how do you get all that plasma into the prototype? first off you need power to it, so you cant use the engines power source plasma....then if you somehow manage to drag all other plasma in the station to the proto after its been started up you will need a fire suit so you dont die from the heat the thing gives off.

unless the proto has plasma already in it?

also the engines vents can be sealed off making a 3x3 square with readily accessable plasma and oxygen tanks with no threat of suffocating from heat and enough to rip the station limb from limb.

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2253 on: July 06, 2009, 06:09:40 am »

I just remembered something very important: Johbson, did you upload your banlist with the files? Cause when we played on Qwerty's server, some guy we had already banned popped in. If you didnt include that file with the normal server download, could you give it to Floirt so that he includes it from now on please?

As for hosting: Since Qwerty can't host anymore, and Johbson is really annoyed about hosting and I dont feel like pushing his generosity too far, who's gona host it from now on?
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2254 on: July 06, 2009, 06:13:36 am »

i would, but we would all lag.

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2255 on: July 06, 2009, 06:21:07 am »

Country?

Perhaps I'll get no lag... If you are from Australia or Asia. Or ME.
or AFrica.

:P

Floirt

• Bay Watcher
  • OMIGODJCABOMB!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2256 on: July 06, 2009, 08:04:55 am »

Hey, thanks for the airlocks, Qwerty. Also, I have a nice feature here about crashing servers.  :P

Hmmm. I wonder if I can make buildable pipes via autolathe, ala Goonstation. It seems useful.
Quote from: HellMOO
Fat Ratzo [to Floirt]: I got a package here goin' to Roy Poorman, out in the afterworld.  $120 when you make the delivery.  And hurry!
No, not commiting suicide, sorry.   ...Through that money is rather tempting...

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2257 on: July 06, 2009, 08:13:28 am »

Floirt, please fix the bug I mentioned before BEFORE adding new stuff. (The bug about the HoR not needing to be dead for Revolutionaries to win)
<@Akroma> eh

Floirt

• Bay Watcher
  • OMIGODJCABOMB!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2258 on: July 06, 2009, 08:21:54 am »

Well, it seems impossible for that to happen, currently. Are you sure you were HoR from the start?

EDIT: Unless someone changed the code so it's, like, the HoS that needs to be dead.
Fat Ratzo [to Floirt]: I got a package here goin' to Roy Poorman, out in the afterworld.  $120 when you make the delivery.  And hurry!

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2259 on: July 06, 2009, 08:23:36 am »

country = italy.

sicily, the big island in the south

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2260 on: July 06, 2009, 08:44:05 am »

I just remembered something very important: Johbson, did you upload your banlist with the files? Cause when we played on Qwerty's server, some guy we had already banned popped in. If you didnt include that file with the normal server download, could you give it to Floirt so that he includes it from now on please?

As for hosting: Since Qwerty can't host anymore, and Johbson is really annoyed about hosting and I dont feel like pushing his generosity too far, who's gona host it from now on?

What? Oh, I'll host, I've always hated it, from day two.  ;D But I don't care, I hate all the other servers, afterall.

About the server files, Floirt uploads files that use an old banlist, so thats why people we banned come up, they don't have the files I have. Anyway, I'll just change the server name and stuff. I'll be hosting in about 10 minutes.  We still need them to change the MoTD however. Just stop uploading those three MoTD files, Floirt, and we should be good for future releases.

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2261 on: July 06, 2009, 08:46:15 am »

Well, it seems impossible for that to happen, currently. Are you sure you were HoR from the start?

EDIT: Unless someone changed the code so it's, like, the HoS that needs to be dead.

I was the HoR from the start for the two times that happened. So either its a bug, or someone changed the code. If its the code that has changed, can you either revert the code or change all the messages that are involved? (The Revo's goals, the ending message, all those state that the HoR must be killed/died, and should be changed to HoS or whatever)
<@Akroma> eh

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2262 on: July 06, 2009, 08:58:41 am »

Server is up!

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2263 on: July 06, 2009, 09:06:06 am »

Erm. Why is there NO TOXINS AT ALL?

EDIT- Probably installed it backwards. Going to change it now.

DOUBLEEDIT- Nope, Floirt removed toxins.. Ok, glad I keep a backup.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 09:12:02 am by Dr. Johbson »

Floirt

• Bay Watcher
  • OMIGODJCABOMB!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2264 on: July 06, 2009, 09:55:12 am »

Yeaaaaah. I uploaded it so mappers and coders could mess around with it.  :P
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 950