Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 899 900 [901] 902 903 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 807679 times)

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #13500 on: June 13, 2010, 11:13:14 pm »

I want to be able to click on it from anywhere within sight range, and have it take me to a camera view, with sound.  That way we can party in the bar, while watching plasma blow themselves to pieces with a bomb.  Oops! Looks like Kavesh pulled the wrong lever, Cog! HAHA. To CHEESE! *clink* *chug-chug-chug-chug*
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #13501 on: June 13, 2010, 11:42:07 pm »

Wouldn't be very hard to give the ability to upload an image and then crop that image to a screen on an object, but the hard part would be preventing abuse of it...
Eh?
Eh!

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13502 on: June 13, 2010, 11:49:56 pm »

...so the Goonstation screens?

Please make a rule that writable messages must be appropriate for the RP, at the very least. On the goons, the F-word or faggot is always on the screens.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13503 on: June 14, 2010, 12:11:40 am »

Hello crew, this is your captain speaking. I just got a report from Cent-Com *long speech about people to stop being assholes*
~A server's custom audio file.

Welcome to Space Station 13. You thought things couldn't get worse? Well if it's SS13 it WILL get worse. You can choose from many-a roles.

NONE OF THESE DESCRIPTIONS DESCRIBE WHAT YOU SHOULD ACTUALLY DO, THESE ARE FOR COMEDY PURPOSES ONLY.

assistant :You are the last resort for late joiners, you can go in maintenance and have access to a special room.
chef: Cook shit for the crew, spike monkeys and gib crewmembers.
clown: Run around throwing your junk on the floor and tripping people, high chance of death.
chaplain: Bitch at god and beat people over the head with a bible.
barman: Make drinks and laugh as drunk security guards miss you over and over with a stun baton for not giving them beer.
janitor: Walk around with a bucket and mop cleaning floors and not putting down signs making everyone slip.
atmospheric technician: Fuck up atmospherics and choke the entire station.
engineer: Mess the engine up and cut all the wires.
roboticist: Steal all the metal and forget how to extract a brain mid-process.
quatermaster: Don't order anything and piss off the crew.
chemist: Make acid and end up blowing the station to smitherines.
doctor: Apply all the wrong treatments.
scientist: Not entirely sure, probably try to find out how to make superpower drugs (They exist, IMO).
genetics: Make people blind and deaf, then turn them into a monkey.
security: Let all the prisoners free then stun yourself.
detective: Lose your revolver and smoke all the cigarettes.
chief engineer: Kick the engineers around.
research director: Kick the other researchers around.
head of security: Shoot yourself and arrest everyone.
head of personnel: Disappear mysteriously.
captain: Lose your IDs, lose the authentication disk.(To be explained later)
AI: Bolt and electrify all the doors and ignore your laws.
cyborg: Ignore the AI.
botanist: Grow weed for the crew, let all your plants die.
operative*: Forget the space suit when you jump out the airlock to attack the station.
wizard*: Blow yourself up with fireball.

* means only on certain game-modes

Game modes that I know of.

REVOLUTION: You've had enough of the heads' bullshit, time to revolt!
3 people are chosen as Rev heads, flash other crewmembers to make them revolutionaries, kill all heads to win, have all head revs die to lose.

Traitor: Someone isn't on our side... I know it.
1 or more people have been chosen as traitors, you must complete an objective then get away on the escape shuttle/alone. The objects could be kill a member of the crew, steal something or make something.

Changeling: One of the crew is not what he appears to be!
The newest gamemode as of 6/9/10, it is basically traitor except you can absord a person's DNA and change identities on the spot, the objectives are generally absorb X amount of crew then escape. You can polymorph into a monkey and use various stings to aid you.

Meteor: Meteors are on a collision course with the station!
This is basically the crew trying to survive the meteor shower then get on the shuttle when it is allowed to be called. Meteors are deadly as hell and you should be trying to stay in the center of the ship.

Monkey: Level *numberhere* biohazard detected on the station, all crew must contain the outbreak!
This can be confused with the occasional infections that break out on the ship as a random event, but deadly nonetheless. Basically a random crewmember becomes a monkey and must spread it's virus to the crew via bites. To win as a monkey all crew must be infected OR monkeys get on the escape shuttle and it leaves. The crew wins if there are no living monkeys on the shuttle.

Wizard: A space wizard is aboard the station!
Basically traitor with spells.

Nuclear: A team of 2-5 people are randomly chosen as syndicates, your job is to steal the nuclear authentication disk and arm a nuclear bomb to destroy the staion. Syndies win if the bomb detonates. If the crew takes the escape shuttle and the disk is on board the crew wins. If the shuttle leaves and the disk is on the station it is a draw.

Blob: I swear I just saw something out the window...
A small blob has appeared next to the station and is growing radiply. Your only chance to beat it is to kill it with fire.

Secret: ....
It chooses among many gamemodes available, I believe traitor,wizard,meteor,changeling,and money. But it doesn't tell the crew what mode it is.

Random: The gamemode is! *mode here*
Secret, except it tells what the mode is and can pick the shitty modes.

Extended: Nothing, that's it.
Pretty useless, just for admins to set something up basically.

Sandbox: Extended, but slightly better/worse.
This is basically extended except you can spawn stuff too. AKA, this is the gamemode where everyone gives themselves wizard spells revolvers and cloaks and start assraping each other starting a massive arguement in OOC until and admin is brought from gibbed #3 and resets the server.
THE WIKI is also useful. Read it.

BYOND is required, make an account and download it.

SPACE STATION 13
*----------------Tips 'n' Shit----------------*
You may find a bunch of references to toolboxes in this game, because toolboxes are common and are great bludgeoning weapons for beating the shit out of someone.

Don't try AI (Nightmare mode of SS13 or Captain (Hard mode of SS13) because you will piss off other people if you never played this game before.

Don't be a dick to Mr Rathen. Mr Rathen is the bartender's pet monkey and he generally won't approve of you hitting him or trying to throw him down a disposal.

About the captain's IDs, his ID has access to EVERYTHING and you generally don't want them to be lost. If the guy who stole it is a real dick he will plug it into the HoP's terminal and start making copies of it and handing them out.

This game is ruthless, don't be pushed away from the game because someone KO'd you and threw you out the airlock. That happens on a game-to-game basis.

Well it's 1:32 AM where i'm at and i'm fucking tired so..
ENJOY THE STATION.
*=======================================*
You can do lots of things on this game. Such as hacking stuff. You can hack the quartermaster's MULE to make it let people on it or not move out of the way if someone moves infront of it. You can hack vending machines too, don't know what it does though.

~My SS13 topic on the Minecraft forums.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13504 on: June 14, 2010, 12:24:06 am »

Did you REALLY just copy and paste the entire goons work?

To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13505 on: June 14, 2010, 12:29:36 am »

Did you REALLY just copy and paste the entire goons work?
To an extent, maybe. I took all the job names and picture from another topic on another forum then, which was probably copied. Then I wrote in short descriptions for each job then did everything past that by hand.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13506 on: June 14, 2010, 01:09:08 am »

I like SS13 fan art. Its got this certain "crazed disaster theme" to it. :)

Most of it(or all of it) is goon originated, that I have seen.

I would like to know, have you guys drawn any?  ;)
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

gvazdas

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoop da whoop
    • View Profile
« Reply #13507 on: June 14, 2010, 02:55:59 am »

Oh no... Why did we have to goonify our B12? I just can't play with these sprites. Bad memories...
And someone should fix the taser sprite
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 03:16:24 am by gvazdas »
It's a piece of crap, pretty much useless, and I need to spend my money in the smartest way.
I'll take it.

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13508 on: June 14, 2010, 03:16:39 am »

Oh no... Why did we have to goonify our B12? I just can't play with these sprites. Bad memories...
Noone is forcing you to play, really.
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13509 on: June 14, 2010, 03:17:33 am »

Is anyone stoping you from leaving.... I think its fine, give our spritists awhile with their paint brushs and we will be back and unique. Also, I persoanly have nothing against us going "goon", the thing that is differnt from us and them is that we are a smaller community and we RP.... and no poo but thats personal pref there. Also, word on my "submission" as such (all I got was a jibe about poor spelling due to me rushing it during school).

SHOCKED NINJA: Wow, great minds think alike Pillow_Killer, you bet me too it

gvazdas

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoop da whoop
    • View Profile
« Reply #13510 on: June 14, 2010, 03:18:01 am »

I love Bay 12 games. No rambos or deathmatchers here, but It's going to be hard to let go of the good old B12 models. Now we have the cartoonish feeling.. Sure, the models are more detailed, but the goons like goon models. So goons will gather up in here.
It's a piece of crap, pretty much useless, and I need to spend my money in the smartest way.
I'll take it.

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13511 on: June 14, 2010, 03:21:44 am »

I love Bay 12 games. No rambos or deathmatchers here, but It's going to be hard to let go of the good old B12 models. Now we have the cartoonish feeling.. Sure, the models are more detailed, but the goons like goon models. So goons will gather up in here.

Gvas... HONESTLY, stop for second, shut up and think. Are we the same as them? NO. Do we "allow" Dming? No! Do they as a matter of fact? No! Sure there a bit slacker in "our" terms but thats their choice. Stop rambling on about us "turning into them" when all they do is play a bit different. GRRRRRRR

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13512 on: June 14, 2010, 03:42:43 am »

We changed graphisc?

gvazdas

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoop da whoop
    • View Profile
« Reply #13513 on: June 14, 2010, 04:11:46 am »

Gvas... HONESTLY, stop for second, shut up and think. Are we the same as them? NO. Do we "allow" Dming? No! Do they as a matter of fact? No! Sure there a bit slacker in "our" terms but thats their choice. Stop rambling on about us "turning into them" when all they do is play a bit different. GRRRRRRR
Fine.
I'll take it.

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13514 on: June 14, 2010, 05:18:56 am »

Wait? do we a directional sprite and all that crap from goon source?.

I did not want that.
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe
Pages: 1 ... 899 900 [901] 902 903 ... 950