Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 892 893 [894] 895 896 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 807656 times)

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #13395 on: June 12, 2010, 01:42:08 pm »

Nuker that ironman suit sounds like a bad idea, someone leaks how to make it and BLAM, instant abuse or something, we don't want to add dumb ideas.
Oh and if we have interserver teleporters, than I want interserver shuttles instead, so we can take a shuttle to a new station.
Hazordhu 2: Dwarven recruits wanted!
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.  The obvious solution is to chain the baby up at the entrance as a kobold detector.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13396 on: June 12, 2010, 01:43:42 pm »

Nuker that ironman suit sounds like a bad idea, someone leaks how to make it and BLAM, instant abuse or something, we don't want to add dumb ideas.
Oh and if we have interserver teleporters, than I want interserver shuttles instead, so we can take a shuttle to a new station.

We could just make it an admin only item, and admins could set up "Iron Man" role playing events.  :o
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13397 on: June 12, 2010, 01:44:53 pm »

You could always make it admin only :P
Although I am not a huge fan of Iron man...

Besides, Qwerty posted a similar idea...a while ago. A super heavy suit that was almost invincible, but slowed movement to a super-slow speed.

To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

NEOPhyte

• Bay Watcher
  • Fisto: For all your punching needs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13398 on: June 12, 2010, 01:50:08 pm »

Asked a while back, didn't notice if I got a response.

Does this inter-server teleport require the server being teleported to be the same codebase, or does it just need to have the teleporter code?
If it can be different code, how does it handle items that don't exist on the other side?

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #13399 on: June 12, 2010, 02:09:08 pm »

Besides, Qwerty posted a similar idea...a while ago. A super heavy suit that was almost invincible, but slowed movement to a super-slow speed.

It was barely, if at all, related. The difference between a jet-propelled superhero and a futuristic commonplace hazardous environment maintainence exoskeleton, with no combat applications, that exists as an item that is worn by walking onto it's turf and exited by verb(unless the exit procedure has been tampered with).
Eh?
Eh!

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13400 on: June 12, 2010, 02:13:34 pm »

It was barely, if at all, related. The difference between a jet-propelled superhero and a futuristic commonplace hazardous environment maintainence exoskeleton, with no combat applications, that exists as an item that is worn by walking onto it's turf and exited by verb(unless the exit procedure has been tampered with).

Ah, sorry.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

westsider_gw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13401 on: June 12, 2010, 02:54:08 pm »

A note to all: Seems BYOND doesnt wanna make the server show publicly.. but its there- been there all day.

byond://74.194.120.230:9625

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13402 on: June 12, 2010, 03:47:37 pm »

Hmm...can someone explain to me how our round system works? I'm planning on implementing it in my own game, but I can't figure out how to make the world restart..

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #13403 on: June 12, 2010, 03:49:30 pm »

world.Reboot()
Eh?
Eh!

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13404 on: June 12, 2010, 03:50:31 pm »

I don't think our round system should be customary, ie. SS13 or Cowed. I think rounds should last 24 hours at the very least, preferably week-long rounds.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13405 on: June 12, 2010, 03:56:30 pm »

I don't think our round system should be customary, ie. SS13 or Cowed. I think rounds should last 24 hours at the very least, preferably week-long rounds.

And how long would the respawn time on this be?

world.Reboot()

Ah! So THAT'S what it was.
I kept searching for 'restart'.

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #13406 on: June 12, 2010, 03:59:15 pm »

I don't agree. A round that lasts 2 hours or more often suffers from npc'd players, blocking arrivals or hanging around where you'd least expect them, babbling about socks and magma. A 24 hour round would increase this 20-fold, and what if someone comes back after 8 hours, sees his character has been killed due to a pressure leak, and can't play for the next 10 - 12 hours? Or even a week? I think the system as it is now will not work with anything longer than a few hours, and changing the code so drastically that it enables week-long play without too many problems would make it a completely different game.
Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13407 on: June 12, 2010, 04:01:10 pm »

We had a 12 hour rounds recently.
Logging off and coming back to a coffin sitting on a piece of grille somewhere =/= fun.

Evilgrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13408 on: June 12, 2010, 04:03:43 pm »

At either rate!

After a short bout of inactivity, I return!
Huzzah! [Balrog. :3]
And I was wondering, why the devil is our server not online?!

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13409 on: June 12, 2010, 04:06:08 pm »

It is online. Go six posts up.

Also, Balrog is the bestest.
Pages: 1 ... 892 893 [894] 895 896 ... 950