Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 891 892 [893] 894 895 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 807669 times)

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #13380 on: June 11, 2010, 03:10:36 pm »

Sounds good!

Monkeys should have a 1/10 chance of blowing up every second, destroying the whole station.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Evilgrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13381 on: June 11, 2010, 05:49:59 pm »

Suggestions you say?
Well.. I was just thinking of this craazy idea..

[Just to verify those Syndicate Name Changer Gas masks don't work over radios, do they?]

Anyway, I was wondering.. Would it be possible to remove all names from the Radio?
Now surely, this would create anarchy? How would we know who is who? Or what is what?

I feel that each comn should have a special signal in itself, that displays what member of the staff it belongs to..

For example.. "Captains Comn: Lalala"
And etcetera, also.. It could be possible to add numbers to it.. "Atmos Tech 2: OSHI-" and so forth.

Not only would this drastically reduce Metagaming, but it would also allow even more Syndicate Treachery!
Going by these physics, and not the real worlds, where we'd notice if someone's voice DRASTICALLY changed..
As a syndicate member, it should be possible for you to murder/stun/etc someone, steal their comns, and then, impersonate them.
Dun dun duun.

Anyway, these are just drunk ramblings, but.. I'd quite like to see how everyone feels about this?
Yay?

alfie275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13382 on: June 11, 2010, 05:55:36 pm »

No, the solution would be to have voices, if someone you have not seen speak (at which point you associate that voice with that name) speaks over radio, you do not know who they are, perhaps some sort of voice number to identify different voices over radio. Could spilt male/female voices.
I do LP of videogames!
See here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrAlfie275

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #13383 on: June 11, 2010, 06:22:50 pm »

And voice changing machines :P. Sounds awesome.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13384 on: June 11, 2010, 09:49:15 pm »

Time to post a completely irreverent post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QyYaPWasos
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13385 on: June 11, 2010, 10:05:12 pm »

That could exsplain what happend in the Dwarfed page awhile ago. On that note, any chance of that server going up head?

NINJA: Well, I have my idea for my "coding test". I just hope it works. Stay tuned to find out!

P.S It's something that probaly woudint make it into a normal round unless the persons a nutter
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 10:23:21 pm by nuker w »

thobal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13386 on: June 12, 2010, 12:21:03 am »

huh, so the goon servers are down too now?
Signature goes here.

westsider_gw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13387 on: June 12, 2010, 12:24:50 am »

Goon servers are down.. and mine cant keep a connection with BYOND.

I smell a problem on BYOND's side.

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13388 on: June 12, 2010, 01:19:25 am »

Well, if I keep my head down, I should have my mini project done soon. It's a ironman suit, complete with "flamer" and if I get the time (which I doubt), some sort of missle device. I'm likely to skip the missle part and try to code a way to make it first but who knows. Should be done with in the next hour or so. If any one likes the idea, I need sprites for...

**All items need to look crudely built**
*A helmet, no visor
*A helmet, visor
*Full iron plate, neck (or lower, depends how big you make the helmet), to ankles
*Iron gloves (A few spikes for bonus points)
*Iron boots (A few spikes for bonus points)
**A Flamer goes in the glove spot, how ever only one hand has the flamer, the other is a normal glove**
*Empty Flamer
*Loaded (plasma tank) Flamer
*Loaded, lit Flamer

And thats it I think. The plate is outer, I decided to just have a jumpsuit underneath it.
P.S Forsaken, I will try my hardiest for a missle launcher, a death ray, welllll, your gona have to wait.
P.S.S Yes, I realise this wont benifet the game at all unless its some sort of very hard traitor super weapon which you practictly need to be the captain. But hell, I dont care.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 01:28:28 am by nuker w »

gvazdas

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoop da whoop
    • View Profile
« Reply #13389 on: June 12, 2010, 02:18:06 am »

Good idea!
And when is there going to be a server hosted soon?
Oh,and guys, since the interserver teleporter has been added now, I think we should use it. How about we all talk about this and decide, to make a server war, or just some sort of... Like the other server (station) goes to check your station and rate it and etc. That kind of stuff. If we we have an interserver teleporter, we should use it.
Still, how do we use it? Do we type the IP of the server in the computer interface?
EDIT:
When can we get a server to play in???
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 06:13:21 am by gvazdas »
It's a piece of crap, pretty much useless, and I need to spend my money in the smartest way.
I'll take it.

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13390 on: June 12, 2010, 07:17:57 am »

Good idea!
Oh,and guys, since the interserver teleporter has been added now, I think we should use it. How about we all talk about this and decide, to make a server war, or just some sort of... Like the other server (station) goes to check your station and rate it and etc. That kind of stuff. If we we have an interserver teleporter, we should use it.
Still, how do we use it? Do we type the IP of the server in the computer interface?
EDIT:

I hope you die.
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13391 on: June 12, 2010, 07:31:54 am »

Good idea!
EDIT:

I hope you die.

BANG! And hes off on the gun!

alfie275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13392 on: June 12, 2010, 08:36:13 am »

So you just somehow missed the guide I wrote a few pages back on how to use it?

1)Find IP adress of server, you could ask or goto "bookmarks" in your BYOND pager, mouse over the server and the IP will be show at bottom, ie 89.169.77.146:10565
2)Put this into the box that shows up when you click the computer bit of the interserver teleporter
2.I)If you get the message "Error, server unreachable" then it means that A)Wrong adress, try again!
 or B)The server doesn't have the interserver teleporter
2.II)If you get the message "Error, server round has not started" it means they have not starte the round yet, be patient!
3)Click the station, this will activate the hub
4)Either click the hub, or walk into it, you can also throw other mobs (people, monkeys etc) into it
4.I)If you get the message "Failure: Teleport in progress" it means just that, a teleport is happening
4.II)You get "Failure: Object has no life sign.", you cannot teleport items!
5)You will be redirected to the other server where you will be in the same place.
I do LP of videogames!
See here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrAlfie275

gvazdas

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoop da whoop
    • View Profile
« Reply #13393 on: June 12, 2010, 11:11:14 am »

So you just somehow missed the guide I wrote a few pages back on how to use it?

1)Find IP adress of server, you could ask or goto "bookmarks" in your BYOND pager, mouse over the server and the IP will be show at bottom, ie 89.169.77.146:10565
2)Put this into the box that shows up when you click the computer bit of the interserver teleporter
2.I)If you get the message "Error, server unreachable" then it means that A)Wrong adress, try again!
 or B)The server doesn't have the interserver teleporter
2.II)If you get the message "Error, server round has not started" it means they have not starte the round yet, be patient!
3)Click the station, this will activate the hub
4)Either click the hub, or walk into it, you can also throw other mobs (people, monkeys etc) into it
4.I)If you get the message "Failure: Teleport in progress" it means just that, a teleport is happening
4.II)You get "Failure: Object has no life sign.", you cannot teleport items!
5)You will be redirected to the other server where you will be in the same place.
Thanks!

Anyway, is there going to be a server soon?
It's a piece of crap, pretty much useless, and I need to spend my money in the smartest way.
I'll take it.

Kilowatt

• Bay Watcher
  • I wonder what this does...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13394 on: June 12, 2010, 11:23:46 am »

Maybe if you stop asking every 30-odd seconds.
Pages: 1 ... 891 892 [893] 894 895 ... 950