Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 800 801 [802] 803 804 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 808843 times)

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #12015 on: May 06, 2010, 06:42:14 pm »

No doubt we are soon going to have a handfull of people screaming to have me removed as host due to my recently pissy mood while I waited for an admin or two to get on to admin the server.
THAT'S WHY I KICKED AND WARNED PEOPLE AND NOT BANNED THEM!
And questioning every little action I do isn't really going to make your standing any better when you have previously been really shitty and horded emergancy supplys/whatever.

Hence forth my option of leaving and calming down off being pissed and having a migrain worse than you could ever imagine until I decide to come back and deal with everything.
Consider this problem dropped and anyone who brings it up will be kicked from the server from now on if you cannot justifie your reason for bringing it up.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 06:44:14 pm by Saint »
Hazordhu 2: Dwarven recruits wanted!
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.  The obvious solution is to chain the baby up at the entrance as a kobold detector.

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12016 on: May 06, 2010, 06:54:12 pm »

I think hallucination should be like in Nethack if possible. All Mobs look like a random Mob and all Objs look like a random Obj. Turfs should be exempt though. Names should show up wrong in chat, and right-click if possible.
The game should log hallucinating status so admins would see "X killed Y, while hallucinating" and maybe "X was killed by a hallucinogen-distorted Z"

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12017 on: May 06, 2010, 07:01:05 pm »

Can admins have some kind of info thingy on networking? Currently, I have no clue how it works. Without knowing that, I cant prevent griefing. A door opens automatically, letting the air all out? Oh well, its not like I can figure out how they did it.

And that brings up another point. How do we stop people from networking griefing? It can be done from anywhere, correct?

"Edit" Fire alarms need to auto go off when there is atmos problems. Maybe if manually turned off, they turn back on after 15 seconds. Right now, with random assitants opening them, its impossible to quaranteen breaches.

"Edit2" Also, since no one has mentioned it, thanks for the attempt at hosting Saint.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 07:05:08 pm by Orb »
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Googolplexed

• Bay Watcher
  • My avatar is of whitespace, Not the firefox logo
    • View Profile
« Reply #12018 on: May 06, 2010, 07:02:34 pm »

Can admins have some kind of info thingy on networking? Currently, I have no clue how it works. Without knowing that, I cant prevent griefing. A door opens automatically, letting the air all out? Oh well, its not like I can figure out how they did it.

And that brings up another point. How do we stop people from networking griefing? It can be done from anywhere, correct?
First off, the only playable thing with a networking interface is the AI at the moment.
It has exactly the same capabilites as before, nothing has changed that way

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12019 on: May 06, 2010, 07:24:57 pm »

Yeah, people can't hack yet.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #12020 on: May 06, 2010, 07:36:57 pm »

I think I'll look into the ban process and see about creating a timed-unban.
I would have it check the server's time against the timeban list, and unban any players who are banned but the time has expired(and remove the timeban entry of them) at the start of each round, during server setup.
For compatibility, it would use it's own file.

Ideas where discussion would be nice:
-Optional "N rounds" ban?
--With optional combination with the time ban
---First to expire or both must expire modes?
-Ban modes between full ban, observer only, maybe others?
-Incremental bans(especially job bans) where as the time expires, more becomes available periodically until user is restored to normal?
-Admin features tied into bans, but only administerable to lower level admins?
--Incremental admin ban: each round moves one admin-rank towards normal?
-Semi-ban, where it isn't an outright ban, but a fraction of one, and if another one is added before the first expires, the user will be outright banned until enough expire that the fraction is less than 1 again?
-<your idea(s) here>?
Eh?
Eh!

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12021 on: May 06, 2010, 07:54:48 pm »

ARgh, if your connection drops, is there any way to re-connect to your character, or are you screwed?

EDIT:
Never mind, answered my own question

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12022 on: May 06, 2010, 08:06:46 pm »

More "realistic" N2O might be like constantly drinking Space Beer. Stumbling and falling, dropping things, blurred vision, etc.

Rift

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12023 on: May 06, 2010, 08:46:12 pm »

Do you think we could get donations to do have a actual "real" 24/7 server with little lag? i would be willing to donate..

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12024 on: May 06, 2010, 09:13:53 pm »

Mind uploader is cool, but shrinks to a line when I eject a monkey.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12025 on: May 06, 2010, 09:15:16 pm »

How do you use the mind uploader?
Also, that sprite shall be my new avi.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12026 on: May 06, 2010, 09:41:53 pm »

"HE KILLEDZ ME HE SHUD BE BANNED DESUDESU T_T"

Beorn, whilst I dislike that behavior too, if we do nothing about it then whose to say they wont just grief someone else?
If I get randomly killed, I'll send a polite message [Hehe] to Adminhelp making sure he wasn't the traitor or whatever, and if he was just randomly killing me, then I would like for him to be warned or punished somehow, but I don't believe anyone but people who actually come on to grief that should be banned.
Because everybody can learn.
I'm pretty sure Pathos isn't me.

Sorry, I've been working all day. Yes, please for the love of god everyone adminhelp when you get attacked, and, even better, if you plan on causing non fatal or harmful mischief. It just helps things to keep the admins aware. Unless you get dropped by an energy sword or something, but even then, a quick adminhelp: Steve whacked me with an energy sword" will let us keep track of things.

As for invisible, 100 should work fine. If the crew manages to track you down, with just right clicks, taser you and arrest you, well why were you invisible because the crew is clearly competent.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Pathos

« Reply #12027 on: May 06, 2010, 10:15:28 pm »

That BuffyAnneSummers needs to be set as Janitor. Forever.

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12028 on: May 06, 2010, 10:23:32 pm »

If they are annoying, ban them. If they only log on when no admins are online, message me on steam. [DFC] The Magnificent Johbson

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12029 on: May 06, 2010, 10:26:04 pm »

The only "problem" with Buffy is that her RP seems to be entirely random. Its never griefing or banworthy, just horribly annoying.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.
Pages: 1 ... 800 801 [802] 803 804 ... 950