Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 735 736 [737] 738 739 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 808621 times)

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #11040 on: April 22, 2010, 09:03:42 pm »

I noticed. It's popped up a couple times, but joining it just says "Connection Closed.#Connection Failed

Also, Idea:
What if you got sleepy after a long time without sleep? Or just slowed down?
We have a sleep button, but I can not think of one time I have pressed it.
Sleeping wouldn't take long, and would be much shorter than the time it takes to start slowing down.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11041 on: April 22, 2010, 09:20:07 pm »

I noticed. It's popped up a couple times, but joining it just says "Connection Closed.#Connection Failed

Also, Idea:
What if you got sleepy after a long time without sleep? Or just slowed down?
We have a sleep button, but I can not think of one time I have pressed it.
Sleeping wouldn't take long, and would be much shorter than the time it takes to start slowing down.

How about it be proportional to the time spent standing. IE: 1 Hour up = 1 minute sleeping, and 10 minutes up = 10% speed decrease  to a maximum of 75% decrease
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #11042 on: April 22, 2010, 09:29:24 pm »

Maybe have an exhaustion bar that only starts to slow you down once it hits 50%, where it has minimal effect until 70%, and gets progressively worse until you are dragging along like a shackled prisoner carrying two metal sheets and a bag of weights.

Additionaly, certain effects would reduce it like food, and when you are hit, adrenaline can greatly reduce the impact(maybe a +20% bonus) at the cost of depleting it at a doubled rate.

That way, if someone attacks you, and you are both somewhat tired, you will be able to flee faster and escape.

An adrenaline injector would be a logical addition following soon after.
Eh?
Eh!

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11043 on: April 22, 2010, 09:34:44 pm »

I take 99% responcibility for being a meanie admin(andrea wanted to spice up the traitor round too. XD).

Anyway, my school went on a nat. park trip today, and I had to work most of the day, with only 7:30 hours of sleep. Really cranky. Add annoying goons who think they are better than everyone else as iceing, and you have one bad admin.

The new traitor's objective in that traitor was just to prevent anyone from leaving, which contradicted the first traitor's objective, which was to hijack the shuttle. I thought it be fun to see them butt heads. The new traitor wasnt supposed to slaughter people, so I had a mental limit of like 3 people. He killed two, and was captured by myself.

After capturing him, he was turned into a monkey by the captain, and a bunch of people kept saying "free the captain" and such after I arrested him. It gets rather annoying when people cant be civilised, and start trying to kill you, or suggest it anyway.

A vote to restart the round was proposed. I canceled it, since i saw no need to. Then, a couple minute later after surveying the round, it was horrible. I decided to do a vote again anyway, and one player decided to be quite the smart aleck. I started saying stuff like its not a democracy, since he just kept going on and on and on...ect.

We restarted. After that, we had a nuclear round when I was the AI, I think. Not much bad happened there, really. I did make a steriotype comment. I made an anouncement saying that all of you that are goons, just so you know, griefing and bad roleplaying is bannable. I said this, because most of the players were goon, well I thought goon. Where else would 10 more people than normal come from?

But yah, im a little more rested now and not ready to just ban everyone. Sorry about the bad two games.

"Idea". Server limits. Should be 15, and admins can go past it. Admins can also change it at will. Once it gets around 20, games seem to get crappy, laggy, and hard to moderate. This game isnt designed for a ton of people, really.

"We aren't restarting because I said so"

I dont recall anyone saying that, Mono. I said it in a differant, nicer way. XD

Also, I do hate extended for some reason, dont know why. I dont prevent people from playing it, I just display my opinion, a tad too much, maybe. More random events would make it more attractive to me.

"Solar Flare" Warms up one side of the station(at random) to temperatures that can kill. This can obviously ignites plasma.

"Close Orbit" The station gets too close to the gas giant this time around. Plasma starts to leak into the station(isnt the gas giant part plasma), and parts of the station fly off(this isnt neccissary).

Close Orbit and Solar Flare wouldnt happen at the same time, but would be devistating if Close Orbit wasnt cleared up before the Solar Flare.

"Edit" It be nice if someone would write up a rule and regulations guide. Just on important things. The captain and I were arguing over fake rules we just kept making up. I said as HoP, I had the right to remove the captain from command if I see his actions as harm to the crew. The captain said centocmm rule 23423 states that the proper punishment for traitors was to turn them into a monkey.....and the bunch of people around kept saying he was dictator or something, mutiny, and a bunch of other junk.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 09:41:42 pm by Orb »
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11044 on: April 22, 2010, 09:53:58 pm »

Idea for random event:
Abandoned cargo ship.
Spawns in space and if reached by a human/monkey and the console is used by said human/monkey they will automaticaly dock it with the station somewhere, maybe not.
They can loot it but after a while they have to eject the ship because prolonged extra mass/weight could cause the station to fall out of orbit.
If the don't eject the ship in X ammount of time the station AI automaticaly does (even if there is no AI) and they go about their work, the cargo ship could have plasma canisters, pipes, items, emergancy storage stuff, metal, rods, broken shit on the sides or windows, Consoles to be taken and info to be gathered.
As I said, easy. Thats actaully a fair bit of work

Also, trying to get the server online again
But not as destructive as any other random event.
Hazordhu 2: Dwarven recruits wanted!
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.  The obvious solution is to chain the baby up at the entrance as a kobold detector.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11045 on: April 22, 2010, 09:54:58 pm »

I'll work on writing a huge book of code. I am bored anyways.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Thrain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11046 on: April 22, 2010, 11:17:45 pm »

Has space fever become a random advent? or is it admin activated?

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11047 on: April 22, 2010, 11:23:15 pm »

Has space fever become a random advent? or is it admin activated?
It's a really crappy event anyway. If it was made so that people wearing internals didn't catch it, it would be tolerable.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11048 on: April 22, 2010, 11:28:34 pm »

The problem with extended seems to be that once you accidentally knock yourself out, or someone griefs you, or whatever, you basically can't play anymore (since resurrection is off).

So at the moment I seem to be *somewhere*, presumably I *was* in the middle of being resurrected, but the heat keeps blurring my (nonexistant) vision, my health says I'm just about dead again, and the O2 light keeps coming on. Don't have a clue why, because after they shoved me in the genetics machines to resurrect me I couldn't see anything anymore. So, if I were actually watching SS13, I would have been staring at a black screen for the last 5 minutes, and prior to that I was a ghost for 15 minutes because I got killed by N2O while trying to figure out how atmospherics worked.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Googolplexed

• Bay Watcher
  • My avatar is of whitespace, Not the firefox logo
    • View Profile
« Reply #11049 on: April 22, 2010, 11:46:01 pm »

IMO the event isn't too bad, but the first round was with the bugged version, which you cannot have immunity towards.
Once a method of ordering more pills/making them is created, it really would be more of a minor event

And I agree that extended should have respawn, but only if people vote for it, and the person has been dead for atleast 10 minutes

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11050 on: April 22, 2010, 11:55:11 pm »

Well, in extended, if someone greifs you, an admin should be available to revive you, and ban said greifer, or if your death has become to much of an IC thing, any able body can revive you, its not that hard.
(Has the cyro tank been removed from genetics, yet? That makes it WAY too easy.)

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11051 on: April 23, 2010, 12:24:23 am »

Do sterile masks even do anything? It would be neat to have to start handing them out to people to help prevent them from catching the fever, or other airborne viruses and such.

As for the reviving and stuff, does it even work? Last round I played I died and turned into a ghost, then I couldn't use the 'return to body' function at all. They revived me, except my name changed to "Urvash Copperbridge" or some crap like that. I could tell it was me because I watched them put Ozymandias in and take Urvash out and it had the same beard and skin and everything... yet I couldn't find a way to go back into the body at all...

tp12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11052 on: April 23, 2010, 01:21:06 am »

... Can anyone think of a (Simple) idea of a random event.
EMP pulse:
A nearby star went supernova, although its to far away to damage the station's hull, the explosion produced an EMP pulse that knocks out every APC on the ship until maintenance resets them one by one.
The AI will be able to reset its own APC, but the rest will have loss of AI control. Or maybe it should be able to deploy EMP countermeasures (restoring all APC's) if ~4 minutes pass?
Untill recently, before stocks ran out, it rained cats and dogs in my fortress...

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11053 on: April 23, 2010, 02:43:49 am »

Some time ago, due to an odd bug, we came up with the idea for a ion storm, which would make all radios emit only static. Doesn't sound hard to code ( not that I know anything) and it may be interesting. Also, paradise for traitor since people can't shout on the radio.

bluephoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11054 on: April 23, 2010, 06:40:56 am »

Do sterile masks even do anything? It would be neat to have to start handing them out to people to help prevent them from catching the fever, or other airborne viruses and such.

Yeah Sterile masks prevent you from catching the fever
Pages: 1 ... 735 736 [737] 738 739 ... 950