Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 734 735 [736] 737 738 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 808610 times)

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #11025 on: April 22, 2010, 06:01:35 pm »

They always did the "NO RESTART LOSER" thing.  But the other stuff is due to the massive amounts of bad RPers that flood the place regularly. We can't go for long on extended without people trying to "spice" it up.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11026 on: April 22, 2010, 06:12:54 pm »

I agree with Mono, perhaps everyone was just in a bad mood today but damn --person who I'm not going to name directly but knows I am talking about you--, it's not your private server or something.
No one wanted the extra thing and you knew it. 'I just figured they were silent yes's'. Really now >.>

The cancelling of the restart vote was unnecessary, I voted yes even though I was still alive, so it wasn't only dead guys voting yes. I'm sure there were other players who were still alive, hoping for a restart.
And your comment about it not being a democracy, then why the hell leave the vote option in? Isn't it an admin's responsibility to maintain order on a server and, sometimes, organise something fun (Fun as in, most if not all players agree on it, 'vote for It for special RP round' kind of things), not act like it's your personal sandbox?

/rant

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11027 on: April 22, 2010, 06:37:48 pm »

Cry about it, we are getting an influx of shitty goon bannies and are having shit rounds up the ass, I believe every admin who is doing anything is prob. under high stress, quinn had to ban someone for boasting about how they are going to metagame and greif next round. (make bombs and blow everyone up who comes near them and even might be a syndicate.)

But on the bright side it was a person who I had a gut feeling was a greifer.
Hazordhu 2: Dwarven recruits wanted!
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.  The obvious solution is to chain the baby up at the entrance as a kobold detector.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #11028 on: April 22, 2010, 06:43:30 pm »

I, too, feel that exended is sometimes better then other rounds.

In extended, you fight against damage from infrequent disasters, whereas in other rounds, the conclusion is rushed by one or more players, or a relentless disaster that doesn't give enough time between damage to repair everything.

My definition of a great experience is when meteors are striking, the hull is breached, power frequently lost, piping destroyed(and new: repaired!), and yet the crew manages to hold the station together, as a team, until the crisis ends, and ultimately, by the end, has conquered the problems and has everything running as smoothly as it was before. This means fixing wiring and piping, repairing walls, floors, windows, supplies and atmos coordinating to restore gas, engineering keeping the engines and solar power aligned and producing power, and medical and genetics healing the hurt and reviving the dead.

Want a reason to blow stuff up? Wait for a traitor round, or go elsewhere, but in extended, we prefer fighting the RNG, not other players(and neither admin-spawned disasters, unless *everyone* wants one).

If you *must* intrude in a decent round, do so rarely. We should aim at 50% of the rounds to be free from unwanted admin-disasters, "insane" RP, greifers, totalitarian captains, and rogue AIs without an in-game event specifically allowing them to do so.
Eh?
Eh!

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11029 on: April 22, 2010, 06:48:54 pm »

Needs more admins?

ME! ME! ME!

Googolplexed

• Bay Watcher
  • My avatar is of whitespace, Not the firefox logo
    • View Profile
« Reply #11030 on: April 22, 2010, 07:08:25 pm »

I, too, feel that exended is ...
... allowing them to do so.
I agree, but the random event system is unplayable now, the blob no longer spawns(Although since it was toned down we can probebly set that up again), plasma storms were WAY too deadly, radiation again too deadly, temporal-anomaly, doesn't do that much, all that actaully spawns is meteors, and although annoying, don't do enough to damage the station to the point of actually having something to do

If we want a system like this then we need more random events, and more of the station should be repairable. On the more events side of things I now have diseaces + randon disabilites at spawn(Toned down), but we need more. Can anyone think of a (Simple) idea of a random event.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11031 on: April 22, 2010, 07:15:45 pm »

Random depressurization/breaking windows and floors through to space? In singular rooms. Wouldn't break nonreplacable stuff, but would break holes through the floor/windows and immediately drain all O2 from it.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11032 on: April 22, 2010, 08:18:53 pm »

A rarely-heppens burnt out wire?

SMES failure that drains all of it's power into the net within 10 seconds?

Power surges affect lighting, greatly reducing their lifetimes if the power exceeds some level(800k?)?

Agh. Got so caught up in what I was doing that I forgot to post for 45 60 minutes.
Eh?
Eh!

Dervin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11033 on: April 22, 2010, 08:20:58 pm »

Thats a pretty cool drawing.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11034 on: April 22, 2010, 08:22:24 pm »

I keep getting alot of bad AI's on the games I join, who don't know how to open/close doors, and always results in my air tank running out cause the ai can't open the closet door.....
Nom nom nom

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11035 on: April 22, 2010, 08:24:34 pm »

Fun note: That image is actually two layers, one from each of my attempts to make it looks more on a white background than a gray one, one of the two had more detail|(and a dreaded tint of gray as the background) while the other had better contrast, though with some of the finer details lost, so that particular image has them layered and opacity-adjusted to get a decent result.
Eh?
Eh!

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11036 on: April 22, 2010, 08:29:04 pm »

Idea for random event:
Abandoned cargo ship.
Spawns in space and if reached by a human/monkey and the console is used by said human/monkey they will automaticaly dock it with the station somewhere, maybe not.
They can loot it but after a while they have to eject the ship because prolonged extra mass/weight could cause the station to fall out of orbit.
If the don't eject the ship in X ammount of time the station AI automaticaly does (even if there is no AI) and they go about their work, the cargo ship could have plasma canisters, pipes, items, emergancy storage stuff, metal, rods, broken shit on the sides or windows, Consoles to be taken and info to be gathered.
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.  The obvious solution is to chain the baby up at the entrance as a kobold detector.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11037 on: April 22, 2010, 08:35:11 pm »

Or supergene syringes!

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11038 on: April 22, 2010, 08:56:01 pm »

or maybe it has a baby blob hidden away that when it docks with the station the oxygen that flows in causes it to grow and make instant blob.

Googolplexed

• Bay Watcher
  • My avatar is of whitespace, Not the firefox logo
    • View Profile
« Reply #11039 on: April 22, 2010, 08:56:33 pm »

Idea for random event:
Abandoned cargo ship.
Spawns in space and if reached by a human/monkey and the console is used by said human/monkey they will automaticaly dock it with the station somewhere, maybe not.
They can loot it but after a while they have to eject the ship because prolonged extra mass/weight could cause the station to fall out of orbit.
If the don't eject the ship in X ammount of time the station AI automaticaly does (even if there is no AI) and they go about their work, the cargo ship could have plasma canisters, pipes, items, emergancy storage stuff, metal, rods, broken shit on the sides or windows, Consoles to be taken and info to be gathered.
As I said, easy. Thats actaully a fair bit of work

Also, trying to get the server online again
Pages: 1 ... 734 735 [736] 737 738 ... 950