Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 595 596 [597] 598 599 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 808958 times)

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #8940 on: March 25, 2010, 02:33:41 am »

Its kinda late again, but, I can host, so, if I were to, how many people would be there?

bluephoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8941 on: March 25, 2010, 02:37:16 am »

Its kinda late again, but, I can host, so, if I were to, how many people would be there?
me

I'm really not fond of the current airlock door graphics, but I'm, well, not exactly hitting gold when it comes to door designs. :-\  Could I get some feedback on some of these door ideas?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So, feedback / other concepts anyone might have on their minds?

IMO the first door looks like from an alien station tbh :P
the second door looks allright but my advice would be instead of putting a fire symbol on it put something saying like "danger" in yellow or something
the last door would be great as a replacement for the glassdoors if it were blue or a bluish green instead of light red.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 02:52:17 am by bluephoenix »

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8942 on: March 25, 2010, 02:48:38 am »

Glass doors are very handy at their current size, they can fit in places where normal airlocks cannot.

bluephoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8943 on: March 25, 2010, 02:49:34 am »

Glass doors are very handy at their current size, they can fit in places where normal airlocks cannot.
While that might be true I would not mind a new graphic for it.

Dyjeccu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8944 on: March 25, 2010, 03:04:07 am »

I like this one the least, a sort of "lab door" style that opens horizontally.

Hey Sukasa, good art. With a suggestion to convert it blue.. I did, and animated it.
Link is Here.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 03:06:17 am by Dyjeccu »

bluephoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8945 on: March 25, 2010, 04:48:52 am »

I just checked out the new(or better enhanced) map, it looks great.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 04:55:32 am by bluephoenix »

amirHM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8946 on: March 25, 2010, 04:56:22 am »

I just remembered about that round that you (orb) were busting arrival and got killed by that black guy that was begging me (the HoP) to be a "spaceman".What an anoying round was that :/.I was going to jail that black guy but a goddamn medical doctor came and brought him to medbay with the excuse to heal him.Then he just started fooling around and got me mad i was going to take the black guy by force but the doctor made a run for it (with the black guy).I ran after him and finally tased him.I was about to arrest them but suddently Headswe (the traitor).Used a sleepy pen on me.I thought that i was going to be alright because there was a security guard just near me , but after a while i found out that he was AFK... Then i knew i was going to wake up so i typed what i wanted to say while i was still knocked out.Headswe was just about to space me that i suddenly said: "Help me.This is the HoP.Urist Steelmud is dangerous.Arrest him".I was launched into space and died afterwards.Even after i said that i saw that more them 5 people passed him and no one gave a damn.Then suddenly the zombie virus started spreading and infected everyone.Head managed to run away for a long time and finally got to the emergency shuttle arm.He was just about to enter it but then saw that the door was powerless so he used a broken window to get to the shuttle.He went next to the shuttle and was just 2 tiles away from him but suddenly he a zombie that was knocked out in space stood up and bit him and head got to the shuttle infected.
Man that round was so anoying for me.

There never seems to be enough time for that.

Also, I need someone to teach me genetics(self teaching would probably be a bad idea).

If someone would teach me when the server comes back up?

I could teach you about genetics.

Also about those fire doors , how about you design a door that is actually "red"? lol i mean who ever heard of a green-blue fire door? or a lab like fire door made of glass.
The first 2 designs were good just they need to be colored red.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 05:14:10 am by amirHM »

bluephoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8947 on: March 25, 2010, 05:32:10 am »

Also about those fire doors , how about you design a door that is actually "red"? lol i mean who ever heard of a green-blue fire door? or a lab like fire door made of glass.
The first 2 designs were good just they need to be colored red.
The first door wasn't supposed to be a firedoor
Quote from: Sukasa

Probably an exterior airlock, the greenish blue is semi-transparent.  Opens vertically instead of horizontally.  The N stands for Nanotransen, of course.

And when you entered the server just now I was afk.

EDIT: Bug report!
When you take out a light bulb, the bulb picture in your hand is BEHIND the menu.
if you look closely you notice the bulb in the right hand.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 05:48:41 am by bluephoenix »

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8948 on: March 25, 2010, 06:07:52 am »

Er....amir, your a bit off, unless im confusing rounds. Basically, a third assistant in the mix was breaking windows, and ran off. The black guy or whatever should have been a spaceman, I mean we do need people fix the hull from the outside, but thats just me.

After head infected me with the virus, I ran off to the engine, turned off the circulators, ran to the batteries(were I was caught) and turned them off. With humans gathering outside the batteries, the best thing I could do was wait. It worked. They came in single filed, easy prey. Eventually, all 4 of them were zombiefied, even through the use of handcuffs, infected people took them off my hands(or maybe they came off automatically, eh). After that, the station was pretty much doomed. I headed to the communication council, but it was out cold, so I couldnt send the shuttle back. I ordered the zombies to charge the escape shuttle, and thats exactly what we did. I think head bumped into me, since I was trying to get in through the left window, but all of a sudden I couldnt move in space. After that we had about 4+ zombies walking around the escape shuttle, zombies so won.   :)

"Edit" Also, when we have a calm game, either one of you guys could teach me. Thanks anyway.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 06:10:40 am by Orb »
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Sukasa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8949 on: March 25, 2010, 09:36:21 am »

I like this one the least, a sort of "lab door" style that opens horizontally.

Hey Sukasa, good art. With a suggestion to convert it blue.. I did, and animated it.
Link is Here.

Actually, I was trying to say that the red in that image is solely to show that the *white* pane is translucent.  That said, I actually like your blue version of it better :P

Anyways yeah, that first exterior airlock doesn't work for a Nanotransen vessel...  perhaps that would be better used on a syndicate ship?

bluephoenix: I like your suggestion with the fire door, I'll do that.

E: Here's some redone graphics for the firedoor concept.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 10:17:04 am by Sukasa »
<@TRS[DF]> I'll drive this place into the ground faster than Boatmurdered

Sukasa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8950 on: March 25, 2010, 10:34:34 am »

Did the server just crash?
<@TRS[DF]> I'll drive this place into the ground faster than Boatmurdered

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8951 on: March 25, 2010, 10:44:47 am »

Yep :'(

amirHM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8952 on: March 25, 2010, 11:02:39 am »

Er....amir, your a bit off, unless im confusing rounds. Basically, a third assistant in the mix was breaking windows, and ran off. The black guy or whatever should have been a spaceman, I mean we do need people fix the hull from the outside, but thats just me.

After head infected me with the virus, I ran off to the engine, turned off the circulators, ran to the batteries(were I was caught) and turned them off. With humans gathering outside the batteries, the best thing I could do was wait. It worked. They came in single filed, easy prey. Eventually, all 4 of them were zombiefied, even through the use of handcuffs, infected people took them off my hands(or maybe they came off automatically, eh). After that, the station was pretty much doomed. I headed to the communication council, but it was out cold, so I couldnt send the shuttle back. I ordered the zombies to charge the escape shuttle, and thats exactly what we did. I think head bumped into me, since I was trying to get in through the left window, but all of a sudden I couldnt move in space. After that we had about 4+ zombies walking around the escape shuttle, zombies so won.   :)

"Edit" Also, when we have a calm game, either one of you guys could teach me. Thanks anyway.

Uh im a bit confused... at first i though you confused it with a different round but then the story kind of matched the round i was talking about except Head (The guy in a biohazard suit) wasnt infected untill at the very end of the round.(when he was trying to get in the shuttle from the south west window.)

Trorbes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8953 on: March 25, 2010, 11:05:44 am »

I really like the glass door, and I think it should replace the current glass doors (after adjusting it to fit, of course), but I'm not too crazy about the others.  The airlock's cool, but I think the firedoor's too dungeon-y, and neither really fit the style of the station.

These are, at least basically, how I would do them:

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
  • The Master of Apples. IT IS AN APPLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #8954 on: March 25, 2010, 11:16:11 am »

I dislike the round design, it doesn't seem to me that any round door would work well.
However, the Fire Door pretty much looks perfect, give or take a bit of shading. Though you did say that's just basic, and for that purpose it's fine.
PSN: SirAppleforth. Add me and say you're from Bay12!
Pages: 1 ... 595 596 [597] 598 599 ... 950