Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 39

Author Topic: New Graphics set in the making (halted)  (Read 77165 times)

Beefmo

• Bay Watcher
  • Shrug?
    • View Profile
Re: New Graphics set in the making
« Reply #135 on: May 04, 2009, 08:39:49 pm »

Times like this i wish i was computer minded ><... I should prolly know these things....but god gifted me with sheer rugged good looks instead of a brain!

Hopefully someone reading here can be of more help to you, I ran through my instructions a few times and everything worked fine for me. Everything else in the graphics_mayday file is still intact right? Appart from that I got nothing ><

Has anyone else tried it with similar horrific failures?

(Edit)

Just thought of something.... has the mayday pack been updated so the sprite sheet doesn't match up with the file instructions? I haven't ever updated mine since i first downloaded it. Is the sheet layed out in the same way as mine?

And yes dwarf fortress can read both bmp and png.  Hrmmm.. was that a new feature of 40d?
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 08:42:45 pm by Beefmo »

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 04, 2009, 08:49:18 pm »

And yes dwarf fortress can read both bmp and png.  Hrmmm.. was that a new feature of 40d?

It's a new feature of the 40d# versions, I believe. 

PMantix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 04, 2009, 08:58:41 pm »

Nice, glad you liked the ram horns. DM looks much cooler now, like what I would expect of him.

I think the King needs to have a beard that is a bit bigger. I like the gold beard rings (scrunchies?), I just think the King should be truly prestigious and that calls for a gigantic beard.

Here is another mock up..  I know you are going to alter colors later, but I threw in a gray color anyway. Looks a little better imo.

..but god gifted me with sheer rugged good looks instead of a brain!
Can't win 'em all brother... but don't forget your mad pixel art skillz.

Beefmo

• Bay Watcher
  • Shrug?
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 04, 2009, 09:09:01 pm »

Thanks for that info Footkerchief. Im running 40dsomethingarather and i modified the mayday pack to run with it, so i dont know if the mayday pack compilation thingy is into the 40d#'s or not.. and that would explain the lack of png support, but not the invisible dwarves when switched back to bmp... hrmm.. so lets postpone that little trial then. EVERYONE IGNORE THAT POST A PAGE BACK! I'll go back and edit it just incase :P

To PMantix: I LOVED your ramhorns and I'm pretty sure the new dungeon master does too! (so far i think he's the best looking noble). I was trying to give the king the grandiose beard of the gods, but I thought adding the moe would cover him up too much. I'll have a little fiddle around with him tomorrow (Don't think i got any more pixels left in me for tonight) And spot on with the golden beard rings and scrunchied... but dwarven scrunchies... steel coated in gold... made from elf bones... by a metal crafter who ate cat tallow biscuits... while he was fighting a goblin siege.. single handed... with magma?

Bloogonis

• Bay Watcher
  • Steamyworks
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 04, 2009, 09:29:19 pm »

i just tested the Dwarf page, remember when you change tilesets you have to gen a new world. I once changed my gobbos on an existing fort and ended up with them flipped. Not upside down, in half, head and shoulders on the bottom feet on top. they work fine on my new test DF folder.

Im not sure what you Mean by L's they might be gone in my tester, but just didn't notice.

Beefmo

• Bay Watcher
  • Shrug?
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 04, 2009, 09:56:05 pm »

You have to regen really? I just loaded up an old fort so i could see a bustling street when i went to test it and it worked fine for me O_O...

ANYWAYS! how`d it look to you?

Bloogonis

• Bay Watcher
  • Steamyworks
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 04, 2009, 10:04:58 pm »

so far so good, the test fort hasn't been going long enough to see any of the goblin set. so far I can confirm carpenter mason metalsmith miner fishery worker farmer and crafts dwarf look really nice. No bugs apparent

Sepis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 04, 2009, 11:04:20 pm »

This topic had me believe a world regen wouldn't be necessary.  I think the current Mayday DFG is using just plain 40d, so that would explain the png not working, but not the bmp.  No idea what has gone wrong, but I'll be patient and see if more people that know this game better come up with ideas.

Beefmo

• Bay Watcher
  • Shrug?
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 04, 2009, 11:35:06 pm »

Maybe you should just grab a fresh copy of the same version your running with and copy across your saves for now. Sorry for the failure :(

madrain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 05, 2009, 02:36:16 am »

Every dwarf's still invisible make that a black square.

You know, I've got the same problem with a fresh copy of DF grabbed from the main page, after I loaded in dystopian rhetoric's graphics.  Most of my dwarves show up, but a few jobs are just black squares.  Planters show the gold belt and everything else is black.  Downloading a prepackaged copy did the same; same happened on my laptop.  I have been unable to figure out why I'm getting these blacked out dwarves when I never had a problem before.

Anyways, haven't posted in awhile!  Great job on the graphics, Beefmo.  I love your new pump operator.  I like the standing philosopher and I like the hammerer's look, though part of me wants to see an executioner's hood on him.  :p  Advisor is my favorite noble look.

Honestly sometimes it's hard to choose between your mockups because they're so good.

Kivish Zokun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 05, 2009, 03:10:48 am »

Hi there,
This is my first post here and I just want to say what a fantastic job your doing Beefmo, these are the best dwarfs/goblins I have ever seen!

I think I have an easier way to get this tileset ingame, simply copy your dwarfs (eg right click and press copy on the picture) then open maydays dorfs.bmp and paste over them, then save the file. This has worked for me.

Now while most of the tiles work fine there are some problems. The marksdwarves appear ingame as archers, this can be fixed by just swapping the two around on the tile set. Also all player appointed nobles appear as the mayday nobles, for example my dungeon master works fine but my clerk is the mayday clerk. This can be fixed easily enough by copying the nobles from the top line to the bottom one. Other than that it is fanatstic ;D!

Bloogonis

• Bay Watcher
  • Steamyworks
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 05, 2009, 04:14:17 am »

you know I saw that and didn't even really register, do you paste the new ones over the lower line of old ones or do you swap their positions?

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 05, 2009, 05:00:42 am »

I did what Kivish said; it works perfectly except for the fact that transparency appears to be broken; all the icons are now on black squares instead of being transparent.

Interesting.

The Doctor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 05, 2009, 07:04:23 am »

BTW, you blasphemous cur. You have that dwarf baby clean shaven! :O

Kivish Zokun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 05, 2009, 08:59:09 am »

I did what Kivish said; it works perfectly except for the fact that transparency appears to be broken; all the icons are now on black squares instead of being transparent.

Interesting.

What version are you playing? I play 40d therefore it isnt transparent anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 39