Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 39

Author Topic: New Graphics set in the making (halted)  (Read 77142 times)

Endemion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: New Graphics set in the making
« Reply #105 on: May 03, 2009, 05:51:43 pm »

It looks really good. However more and more I think it would be good idea to make also 200% (or more) zoom version - so it is easy to "read" your art.

If I understand you, you mean you want a 32x32 tileset?  Much more detail can be put into that one, and it would look nice, but it would be very, very hard to get a decent size fortress on a screen.

I also would like to show my support for this tileset.  Wonderful job.

(Can't wait to see you make the elves...  I'd love to see them all sickly and frail)

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 03, 2009, 05:58:59 pm »

MOAR NOBLEZ!

Trader (Carrying the standard of the mountain home!) -> Reworked Book keeper -> Hammerer -> Philosophers! (One haules stone with the power of his mind! The other.. with his bulging beard muscles?)

To DennyTom: Sadly these images I`ve posted have been in 200% zoom for a better view. I wish DF would allow a bigger tileset but I can only work with what`s practical. Nobody wants `Designations` taking up half their screen. :(

To Mike Mayday: I wanted to see what i could get away with before having to go the standard glasses look. The book looked sweet on its own, but when a fatty dwarf holds it... it is hard to see.... So let`s try the hunchback book keeper! :P

I like the Hammerer, Trader, and 2nd Philosopher. Bookkeeper looks better.

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 03, 2009, 07:16:27 pm »

MOAR NOBLEZ!

Trader (Carrying the standard of the mountain home!) -> Reworked Book keeper -> Hammerer -> Philosophers! (One haules stone with the power of his mind! The other.. with his bulging beard muscles?)

RE:  Philosopher 1
"Hey, Onul!  What does the scouter say about his power level?"

Philosopher 2 looks better.  Could you try putting him in the Thinker position though?

Tradanbattlan

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_DECENCY]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #108 on: May 03, 2009, 07:26:37 pm »

MOAR NOBLEZ!

To DennyTom: Sadly these images I`ve posted have been in 200% zoom for a better view. I wish DF would allow a bigger tileset but I can only work with what`s practical. Nobody wants `Designations` taking up half their screen. :(

To Mike Mayday: I wanted to see what i could get away with before having to go the standard glasses look. The book looked sweet on its own, but when a fatty dwarf holds it... it is hard to see.... So let`s try the hunchback book keeper! :P
I'd say the philosophers should have a +longland grass cigarette+

Beefmo

• Bay Watcher
  • Shrug?
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 03, 2009, 07:56:43 pm »

Just a quick update.

(Thinker) Philosopher -> Diplomat -> Dungeon masters (With pet lizard -> fluffy warbler -> no pet)

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 03, 2009, 08:05:04 pm »

FEEP?

I like the 2nd Philosopher. Not this one.

Diplomats okay.

I liked the original Dungeon master.

PMantix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 03, 2009, 08:33:48 pm »

I like the work that has been done over the weekend,  :)

Two quick suggestions;

The Dungeon master needs to look more hardcore because he is the coolest noble.

The Hammerer needs to look more hardcore because he is the biggest prick of them all. I mean come on, most nobles just complain about crap, sure... but few actually crush the skulls of underlings who don't make that pair of pigtail socks.

I tried out a few things and this was the only thing I came up with that didn't look completely ridiculous;

Just some added ram horns to his leather cape/hood, like Tim from the quest for the holy grail, heh. Couldn't decide if it looked better on the dungeon master or the hammerer. Looks ok, I think.

The Doctor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 03, 2009, 08:37:50 pm »

What kind of style are you gonna do for the plants and walls and shite?

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 03, 2009, 08:39:16 pm »

And cats?  ;D

Tradanbattlan

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_DECENCY]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #114 on: May 03, 2009, 08:42:30 pm »

The philosipher should have a !!longland grass cigarette!!

Beefmo

• Bay Watcher
  • Shrug?
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 03, 2009, 10:15:33 pm »

Just whipped up a Dungeon master with PMantix`s great idea for horns! Also gave him the beard I was saving for the `higher` nobles.

To Doctorz/Org: Haven`t really thought about it yet.. just playing it as I go :P And the `thinker`nobles was just something i whipped up because i remembered saying something about trying it and Earthquake reminded me of it. So I figure I might as well throw most of the `iffy` ones out here to get the feedback.

To PMantix: I was juggling with the idea of decking out the hammerer in some half plate gear kind of like i put on the seige operator. I`ll see what i can squeeze in for him still keeping in the noble look.

To Trandanbattlan: An xXlongland grass cigarXx ??

Bloogonis

• Bay Watcher
  • Steamyworks
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 03, 2009, 11:04:13 pm »

Aww, needs more fuzzy wumbler! And when have you ever seen a DM wear a robe?(I don't know why but i have made it my mission in life to have the sprite as naked as he is in the game)

Not sure if this will work, but I was wondering if Insanity can change the sprite? If it can, why don't the image packs cover it? (besides being a low priority sprite) so I made 4 crazies!

1) King- Um he just turned your fortress into a mountain home... why the hall would he do that if he was sane!

2) Berserk- inspiered by bravehart

3) Stark Raving Mad!- Hes losing his cloths as he runs down the hall babbling!

4 Melancholy- whats the point, its just to hard, why couldnt you just give me clear class on a treeless, sandless, magmaless map... boo hoo...

Beefmo

• Bay Watcher
  • Shrug?
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 03, 2009, 11:54:48 pm »

GARRR! Almost broke the 30 meter mark when a support leg collapsed! Stupid goo balls!

To Bloogonis: I still haven`t decided which sprite i`ll use out for most of the jobs that I`ve posted many possibilites for, but truthfully, I am digging the DM`s new helmet... sorry fluffy warbler! :( And sadly the game doesn`t have anything in the raws for moody dwarfs so that`s why its not possble to assign them a different graphic. That said.. your melancholy ones awesome! Find me a use for him.. NOW! Drunk mebe? The kings cool too, looking at him reminds me of FF4 for some reason... not sure why.. but i cant get it our of my head now! :P

DennyTom

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Urist!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 04, 2009, 12:45:24 am »

It looks really good. However more and more I think it would be good idea to make also 200% (or more) zoom version - so it is easy to "read" your art.

If I understand you, you mean you want a 32x32 tileset?  Much more detail can be put into that one, and it would look nice, but it would be very, very hard to get a decent size fortress on a screen.

I also would like to show my support for this tileset.  Wonderful job.

(Can't wait to see you make the elves...  I'd love to see them all sickly and frail)

Exactly - 32x32. Yes, there cold be more detail but it would lost its ... pixel art magic
It is so much easier to measure life in experience points...

Raz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 04, 2009, 05:36:07 am »

RE:  Philosopher 1
"Hey, Onul!  What does the scouter say about his power level?"
Classic :D
"I can't wait to procrastinate!"
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 39