Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 370

Author Topic: Atheists  (Read 393761 times)

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Atheists
« Reply #2010 on: March 07, 2010, 07:48:05 pm »

Sorry, Aqizzar, but if there's one thing I love doing, it's beating that facts into peoples heads.

Micro, if you're going to post in a thread this long, it's assumed you've read it so you don't end up repeating things. You could have looked through it and then you would have been told these things. Don't assume that you're right just because you're lazy.

As for unimportant detail, yes, Gallileo being condemed is an unimportant detail (now, not when it was first brought up) because it's been brought up before. The fact that the Bible is not all that accurate (shock! Horror!) has been brought up something like once every two pages. The fact that much in the Bible was intended as fiction or was man's attempt to understand what they believed was a higher power has been brought up before. You know why you're nitpicking? Because everything you've said has been said before and better and just because you can't be bothered finding out that does not give you the right to say it again. You're not trolling, I know, because laziness does not equal trolling, but you need to understand that reposting arguments without looking to see if they've been posted before automatically puts you in the wrong and nothing you say is going to change that.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #2011 on: March 07, 2010, 07:50:45 pm »

Wait, so even if repeating something correct, he still in the wrong?
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2012 on: March 07, 2010, 07:51:05 pm »

Jackrabbit, just out of interest... do you know how many times that sentiment has been expressed on this thread?

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2013 on: March 07, 2010, 07:53:32 pm »

I know, and normally I wouldn't bring it up again, but there's another thread on the front page that he can go argue in. This one really has no reason to be active.

Wait, so even if repeating something correct, he still in the wrong?

When it's been brought up more than once to a) no avail or b) a conclusion was reached, then yes, especially when there's another thread on the front page about the same subject. Starting an argument again, when that exact same argument has taken place before is annoying, especially so when he didn't bother looking for it.

Jude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2014 on: March 07, 2010, 07:55:17 pm »

Wait, were you being sarcastic when you said he should have read the entire thread? Because nobody would ever read this whole 135 page monstrosity. it's longer than fucking Nist Akath.
Quote from: Raphite1
I once started with a dwarf that was "belarded by great hanging sacks of fat."

Oh Jesus

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2015 on: March 07, 2010, 07:57:47 pm »

In a way, but not really. I was trying to impress on him that if he had to choose between reading this thread to make sure that the argument hasn't been brought up before, or posting in the other thread, where people can more easily pretend that it hasn't been brought up before, it'd be better for him if he went for the second one.

EDIT: I'm happy to let this die if you guys are. Just say the word, or rather, don't post a thing.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 08:00:41 pm by Jackrabbit »

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2016 on: March 07, 2010, 09:00:56 pm »

I really don't see your logic. If a new thread is made it is not going to get rid of what was said, those who remember it remember it. For those who wish to look back, they will look back in this thread. The only thing a new thread does is decrease the number int he corner that you may or may not look at.

Jackrabbit, you can leave if you want but I'm not, and now you saying that everything is being repeated is getting repetitive.
--------------------------------------------

I know there is a huge debate going on about whether Atheism is a religion or not, but has anyone actually made an atheist "church"?

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2017 on: March 07, 2010, 09:14:22 pm »

Yes.

I'm totally an ordained minister and everything.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 09:16:26 pm by Neruz »

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2018 on: March 07, 2010, 10:00:07 pm »

I'm Atheist! ^.o

Well not so much that I care if god exists or not. I just love it when people act surprised that I am, which works better in RL. :D

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2019 on: March 07, 2010, 10:03:14 pm »

Wow i saw the map...So, why does atheism seem to only be in places where people speak english?

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2020 on: March 07, 2010, 10:05:42 pm »

Wow i saw the map...So, why does atheism seem to only be in places where people speak english?

Because the European chunks of the world are the only places where Freedom of Religion is actually supported.

Try being an Athiest in the Middle East and you'll become very good friends with high velocity stones, or bullets.

Jude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2021 on: March 07, 2010, 10:26:34 pm »

Prolly cause the website is in English and appeals to an English speaking audience and those are the people that participate
Quote from: Raphite1
I once started with a dwarf that was "belarded by great hanging sacks of fat."

Oh Jesus

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2022 on: March 07, 2010, 10:48:07 pm »

Prolly cause the website is in English and appeals to an English speaking audience and those are the people that participate

Actually if you look, there's alot of people from mainland Europe as well.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #2023 on: March 07, 2010, 10:48:36 pm »

Neruz is sadly closer to the truth.

Parts of Africa and South America will also get an unwelcoming invitation with a machete.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2024 on: March 07, 2010, 10:50:41 pm »

Ah good point I don't see any alternate language buttons.

America has religious freedom too. And don't you think china does?

I would think that England being part of Europe would cause a good spread of english to surroningareas.
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 370