Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Scariest Historical figures  (Read 2233 times)

Shanba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://uhm
Scariest Historical figures
« on: April 26, 2009, 08:27:53 am »

So, I generated a new world. On this new world, there is an elven civilisation called "The Cooperative Shore" who are, in fact, not very cooperative at all - instead, they like going to war. With anyone and everyone. They have the (by far) the longest entry in the civilisations list. And what seemed to happen is that a few names would keep coming back as leading the valiant humans against these evil marauding elves - most of them with titles. SO I started looking them up, and came across this fellow:

"Melbe Tummybrush the homely pick of fishes was a human born in 53."

I started scrolling down. He killed some elves. I scrolled down. He killed more elves. I scrolled down. And down. And down. The man had seventy three(!) kills, and every single one of them an elf! He died, eventually, of old age. He was born in 53, but his first fight was in 100 - and his first kill in 155. He killed seventy three elves after hitting 102!

I thought that was impressive, but then I came across the leader of another civ harrassed by The Cooperative Shore. Jal Authoredpassed the Umbral Dots of Heat. Her father had notched up a title of his own, so she clearly came from fighting stock. At the age of 12, she became a guard (and incidentally got married). She got into her first fight with an elf the next year, but though she beat him, the bastard got away. The lucky bastard. Later that year she smashed and elf's left hand and the killed her first elf. The first of many.

By the end of that year, she had become the leader of her subfaction, having proven her worth over the bodies of many, many dead elves. Over the course of her life, she shot and killed one hundred and eighty three elves before she was, herself, shot and killed (by an elf, incidentally, who picked up a cool 14 kills himself). She had been at war more or less constantly for about 70 years.

That's scary.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Scariest Historical figures
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2009, 08:58:10 am »

You know the Elf to anything ratio is 60 elves for one human/dwarf/gob

jaked122

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Lurker tendancies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2009, 12:10:10 pm »

best man ever, GIVE HIM THE NOBEL PEACE PRIZE.

Kennel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2009, 03:47:07 pm »

In 51, Dwarves conquered Buddedplays. Dozens of elf children fled into jungle.

During next few years lots of orpaned elves moved back to Buddedplays and dwarves adopted them.

In 55, 115 elves attacked Buddedplays and were uncontested because only residents were children.

Elves drowned, buried alive and fed to beasts twelve elf children and four dwarf children (aged 5-11). Only six of them managed to escape.

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2009, 04:13:37 pm »

In 51, Dwarves conquered Buddedplays. Dozens of elf children fled into jungle.

During next few years lots of orpaned elves moved back to Buddedplays and dwarves adopted them.

In 55, 115 elves attacked Buddedplays and were uncontested because only residents were children.

Elves drowned, buried alive and fed to beasts twelve elf children and four dwarf children (aged 5-11). Only six of them managed to escape.

Whoa, now that's depressing!
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2009, 05:21:55 pm »

Pointy eared bastards! Stop the history right after that and go elf hunting. With a sock  ;D

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2009, 10:18:36 pm »

There was a demon in a world I generated who killed four hundred dwarves. I was impressed.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2009, 11:28:58 pm »

Did you hunt down and kill the demon? Or the demon's killer?
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2009, 12:08:58 am »

Nah, he was dead by the year 140 or so, well before world-gen ended. I looked him up in legends, and whole families of dwarves, all of whom had titles (mostly from hunting game, I should add), went up against this guy, and he just swatted them away or burned them to death. It was like each family and every family member swore that they would kill this demon or die in the process.

I think the guy who killed him got a lucky shot.

Sadly, I never bothered to stop world-gen before he died and meet him with an adventurer, and I think I deleted the world.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Slackratchet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2009, 12:30:42 am »

I'm moderately certain that the last name of 'Tummybrush' eliminates you from any list of Scariest anythings.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2009, 01:32:35 am »

I'm moderately certain that the last name of 'Tummybrush' eliminates you from any list of Scariest anythings.

I take it you've never seen what the cute ones can do to you.

Aldaris

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIBERAL] [WANNABE_DORF] [CAVE_ADAPTED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2009, 03:59:04 am »

I take it you've never seen what the cute ones can do to you.
Actually, imagine a war giant cave spider, with CAN_LEARN, and thus legandary in all skills it uses, named Fluffy.
This kind of thing makes you think about the creature, making it scarier than one named Argaraj the Destroyer of Civilizations.
but Baron Aqizzar had the firm advantage, battering Cthulhu with his Mighty Chin.
^Totally not out of context, promise.
The Liberal Crime Squad Community game, now with a Liberal Overdose of Liberally aplied Liberalism. -Liberally. (UBER-Hiatus, next update somewhere between now and 2012.)

Marko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Roomies
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2009, 04:16:25 am »

That guy sounds like Cohen the Barbarian! Just needs diamond teeth and he'll be set!
Hm.
WHERE IS THE SAVE?
AN HOUR LATE?
OFF WITH HIS HEAD

GoreTaco

• Bay Watcher
  • Actually a brain in a jar
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2009, 05:22:21 am »

I once met a human marksman in adventure mode who had 25 pages worth of jewelry and a very long name. I forget how many things he killed but it must've been a lot.
"Who's John Galt?"

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2009, 06:53:37 am »

Pft, that's nothing! Become a goblin and make a couple of dozen of pages of kills. Wait a couple of in game years and be ready for the surprise of your life!
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"
Pages: [1] 2