Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Scariest Historical figures  (Read 2225 times)

Randominality

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:EAT]
    • View Profile
Re: Scariest Historical figures
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2009, 02:06:58 pm »

Actually, imagine a war giant cave spider, with CAN_LEARN, and thus legandary in all skills it uses, named Fluffy.
This kind of thing makes you think about the creature, making it scarier than one named Argaraj the Destroyer of Civilizations.
I once got a GCS called the elbow of frills or something on a fortress. It had killed a good number of dwarves in my fort before I managed to kill it with a flood of war dogs. But the image of a GCS wearing frilly lace leggings on its eight legs got stuck in my head - twas quite amusing.
Oh Gordon Freeman, what medical procedure can't you educate alien war machines about?

Skizelo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2009, 02:28:00 pm »

I used to look up ruins in legends mode, and came across a fortress which had been under near-constant seige for about fifty years before it fell: what was interesting is that about  four attacks in, the goblins had killed every single dwarf in that pit, apart for one. This one dude repelled a demon-led army single-handedly every year for most of his life. Incredibly, he died of old age.
Highest notable-kill count I've ever seen. I think it went into the two-hundereds.

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2009, 03:25:33 pm »

Yeah, constant-siege people end up with the accelerated Nist Akath effect: Either they die, or they become so skilled that nothing can kill them.

My favorite was an Orc. He started out as a hunter, encountered a named giant desert scorpion, and killed it, losing his left leg at the knee. two years later, he encountered another one, and killed it, losing his right leg at the knee. A few other named wildlife kills later, he was chosen as leader of his civilization, and began a campaign to conquer the world. The next hundred and thirty years (to the end of worldgen) were filled with him leading attacks on elves, dwarves, humans, and goblins, and gaining over two hundred notable kills, including two demons, both of which he devoured. All this while missing both of his lower legs.
Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2009, 09:58:20 pm »

I had a female dwarf that lost the left side of her face in year 1. She went on to destroy all but 1 of both the semimegabeasts and megabeasts. The last one left was a titan, and the last living cyclops killed her. The epic part? Im in the habit of generating young worlds, so all this happened before year 25.

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2009, 04:19:11 pm »

This kind of thing makes you think about the creature, making it scarier than one named Argaraj the Destroyer of Civilizations.

Actually, assuming I'm pronouncing it right, "Our Garage" the Destroyer of Civilizations doesn't sound all that scary.

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2009, 07:00:40 pm »

The hell are you talking about? A sentient garage from our house (in the middle of the street) roaming around and destroying civilizations? Thats fucking terrifying.

Daft

• Bay Watcher
  • Enthusiastic but Incompetent.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2009, 08:11:47 pm »

I had a dwarf go berserk in a tantrum spiral once. I abandoned when he was the only one left alive, except for the HFS. I revisited my fort in adventurer mode, to find that not only was he still alive, but he had singlehandedly killed all the HFS.

Slanted

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2009, 11:35:24 pm »

I just genned a world with a massive (albeit slightly less pyschotic) orc civ. They basically swallowed up every other evil civ near them, including a good 3/4 of the world's goblins and hobgoblins, and their armies are basically massive blobs that wipe out EVERYTHING. There was a human kingdom with like, 8 cities (not towns, CITIES) and the orcs completely wiped them out in less than a decade of fighting. Their armies are always close to 300 strong of orcs, plus whatever other evil little bastards they've picked up. I'm positive they're almost at the population cap limit. In short, they're a massive, unstoppable horde.

Until they met Etamaturob Treatyplans, a chaos dwarf. The first battle between the orcs and CDs, 57/60 of the CDs die. Etamaturob manages to rout some 80 orcs by himself. No big deal, right? Seen it before. Etamaturob is the only defender the CDs have left.

But the "battles" page keeps going on.

They attack the CD fortress seven or eight times, outnumbering him 40 or 50 to one, and they keep losing. And then I see the absolute best thing ever:

He counterattacks.

This one crazy asshole Chaos Dwarf sallies forth out of the smoking ruin of his home, and starts attacking orc fortresses. And winning. The war ended with the orcs offering peace. I laughed.

On further inspection of his historical figure page, after he won the war, he evidently spent his golden years murdering anyone who dared immigrate to his home (" In 176, Letol Halftree settled in Warfungus. In 176, Letol Halftree was murdered by Etamaturob Treatyplans. In 177, Udib Greentomb settled in Warfungus. In 177, Udib Greentomb was murdered by Etamaturob Treatyplans" And so on).
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 11:47:20 pm by Slanted »

Rockphed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2009, 01:09:20 pm »

Did he get a title out of all this?  Is that the "Treatyplans?"  Also, I am seeing this image of a crotchety old dwarf yelling, "Get offa ma lawn stupid kid," right before he does the immigrant in.
Only vaguely. Made of the same substance and put to the same use, but a bit like comparing a castle and a doublewide trailer.
Pages: 1 [2]