Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

There is nothing of worth to add here.

Nothing.
At all.
Seriously.

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 105

Author Topic: To venture north, into Hell: Othtar Noloc, world at war  (Read 106595 times)

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
Re: To venture north, into Hell: The plight of Eli Eremo
« Reply #600 on: June 08, 2009, 11:20:18 am »

Oh, come on! Even by DF standards a zombie whale breathing fire is illogical! About .1% of all Dwarves even know they exist, let alone have seen one. We're in a cold climate, so at least armoured polar bears make sense. This is semi-serious, I thought?
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Vilien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: June 08, 2009, 02:28:07 pm »

Where are the polar bears?

GruffyBears

• Bay Watcher
  • Prodigal
    • View Profile
    • Creature Club Podcast
« Reply #602 on: June 08, 2009, 02:35:46 pm »

Wherever you left them.
I grow old … I grow old …
I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled.
- T.S Eliot

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: June 08, 2009, 03:09:57 pm »

behind the sofa?
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

GruffyBears

• Bay Watcher
  • Prodigal
    • View Profile
    • Creature Club Podcast
« Reply #604 on: June 08, 2009, 03:23:46 pm »

I'd like to know Jackrabbit's opinion on C.R.A.B, as he is Grand Overlord of this thread.
- T.S Eliot

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: June 08, 2009, 03:46:36 pm »

Oh stop, you'll make me blush.

Steampowered stuff isn't out of the question, jsty a long way off

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: June 08, 2009, 03:55:18 pm »

Khain shall get right on it!

Khain has withdrawn from socioty

GruffyBears

• Bay Watcher
  • Prodigal
    • View Profile
    • Creature Club Podcast
« Reply #607 on: June 08, 2009, 04:02:27 pm »

Khain shall get right on it!

Khain has withdrawn from socioty

I'd like to hear the excuse of being able to keep that thing in hiding until it's finished. Alternatively, it could be used to fill the end of a few updates. Or it could be a group project, keeping everyone busy for a matter of updates as they build this mechanical behemoth, with our accounts and journals influencing the build of it.
- T.S Eliot

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: June 08, 2009, 04:06:01 pm »

tis still on the drawing board.

I will need to move it as it might break it

GruffyBears

• Bay Watcher
  • Prodigal
    • View Profile
    • Creature Club Podcast
« Reply #609 on: June 08, 2009, 04:15:12 pm »

If we do this, I'll work on the giant flame-spouting mouth cannon. Oldbeard should make a ballista-sized Pacemaker.
- T.S Eliot

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: June 08, 2009, 04:19:16 pm »

Since I finally remembered this, I have to ask, is it still too late to ask for a character in the next storyline?

Name:Kat
Profession:Engineer (Does not fight, is just there by chance)
Description:Likes microline. That's about it.

He can die, obviously.
how would a Fortress based curse work?

Rocks fall, everyone dies.

Sans context.

Limul Thak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: June 08, 2009, 04:21:15 pm »

Limul Thak's Journal

I saw another crystal thingy today! It was an icy blue. But here's the thing: it looked like an icy blue that got sick and died. That means that it was a TCD of sorts that had died as well! I tried to keep myself together, but I grabbed for Navi out of reflex (I mean, at first the crystal looked like a blunt version of Navi before the color registered) when I saw it and have been fidgety since. No amount of mead could stop this. I think this is called "being excited". During a rather unfortunately timed reading of Workerdrone's... private journals by a still unconscious Walter, I got a conversation out of Navi:

"So, did you see that thing too?"
"Hm? That crystal that looks kind of like me?"
"Yes. That was a... surprise."
"Well, I'm surprised merely because it wasn't of elven hands."
"You mean..."
"Yes. Something far more elderly and powerful made that crystal."
"Who do you think it was?"
"There's no way to tell without knowing more about it."
"It was a kind of icy blue that got sick and died, and it was used to power a lich."
"A lich... icy blue..."
"You have any idea?"
"Yes. This lich was evil and used icy magic, I presume?"
"Why, yes, according to Oldbeard, Workerdrone, Humaan, and Walter. It cast ice magic and spoke like a whisper in the wind. It could also control the temperature of the room and command skeletal minions."
"This is... ominous."
"So you do have an idea?"
"Well... if I told you now, you wouldn't understand at all. I would need to open the crystal's inner subconscious-"
"Wait, I thought the dead tinting meant it was dead?"
"No. Only the conscious mind of the lich is dead. The subconscious of any such gem is set apart from the conscious mind. It is an infinitesimal fraction of the magical power of the race that created it. The drain on life experienced by most organisms using magic would never be noticed, as the magic within this gem is taken from the spiritual concept of the creator race: not the physical bodies, but the celestial identity, which can be tapped for eternity without harming the race's position in this plane. That is why enchanted equipment (soul-bound especially) is so sought-after: using the magic within those is not harmful for the user."
"Err... would this magic harm the crystal itself in any way when it's used?"
"Not... really... it would really not be noticed."
"Good, good."
"Why do you ask?"
"Just curious, just curious. So... what you're saying is that... if I could get you to this crystal, then... you could tap into it and reveal its mysteries?"
"In the metaphorical nutshell of miniscule verbosity, yes."
"But you already know about this gem."
"Oh, not nearly as much as you assume. I only have an idea, an idea of low clarity at that. This tapping of the unconsciousness would reveal its mysteries to both of us; we are connected now, you know."
"Er... yes."
"I think that to unveil such mysteries as have been proposed and inferred, I would need you to at least touch it while holding me, so that a physical conduit existed between us. After that is done, I can tune into it on my own."
"Thankfully, I was paying attention the whole time and so know where it is. It's in either Kogan's or Barbarossa's possession, and they're keeping it secure."
"Can you not explain your intent to them?"
"Not a chance in Armok's domain; they're like most dwarves. If they knew what I was up to, then I would be in a heap of trouble for consorting with elves and magic not approved by dwarven officials."
"Well then, I guess stealth is the best choice after all."
"Perhaps once I know what in Armok's blood is going on, I can use that to aid our position. Until then, this needs to stay quiet."
"How could I tell anybody regardless?"
"That was for me more than you."
"Ah. Well, get to it! I shall be waiting, as always."
"Got it."

I need that crystal, if only for a second. I need to figure out where it is first. I know what questions to ask and how to do it (namely mead), and then getting to it itself will need doing. That's a doozy right there. Well, by Armok, let's get to work!

~LT

Now the question is: can I do it, or will the central plot screw it all up? :-\
Find out in our next dispatch of "Thak: the Journal of the Golden Lock"!  8)

Cookies for whoever gets the "Golden Lock" reference. Let's make it superly dwarven +internet cookie roast [30]+ ;D!
This game is so strange.
The horses have TEEN ANGST.

GruffyBears

• Bay Watcher
  • Prodigal
    • View Profile
    • Creature Club Podcast
« Reply #612 on: June 08, 2009, 04:44:47 pm »

I've decided to embrace my unconcious state with acceptance.

The mind of Walter,

The dream started as it always did.
The sound of a thousand metal boots, striking the ground in unison. But this time, Walter did not fret on his balcony, waiting for his General. Instead, he leapt, flying hundreds of feet both downwards and forwards. The velocity of his impact left him unscathed, and he stood from his knees, facing the goblin horde.
"Bring me your master!" He shouted, his voice strong with confidence. The dragon came forward "You wish to die so soon?" It asked, amused by Walter's odd behaviour. "Very well. That cursed gauntlet shall carry you to the grave once more." And with that, he sprayed a gout of blackest flame to engulf Walter.
Walter laughed, and knocked it aside with his gauntlet. The dragon looked confused, and sprayed fire once more, with even more ferocity. Walter batted that aside too.
The dragon, truly terrified, began backing away. Walter walked after him, every step making his body larger and his voice more booming. "This gauntlet is not cursed, marauder." He began. "But blessed, as it shall be my redemption. AND THIS IS MY MIND, YOU SHALL HAVE NO HOLD ON ME!" he continued, as his voice echoed acroos the land. The dragon and his goblin horde were no more than ants to Walter now. "Fare thee well, bastard." He finished, aiming his gauntlet, and dousing the entire horde in a blazing inferno, their screams only beaten by the cracking of their skin and the boiling of their blood.
- T.S Eliot

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: June 08, 2009, 04:46:49 pm »

Whenever Navi talks, I think of a retarded blue goose sticking out of your forehead. 

Like this, kinda.

This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: June 08, 2009, 07:36:12 pm »

Since I finally remembered this, I have to ask, is it still too late to ask for a character in the next storyline?

Name:Kat
Profession:Engineer (Does not fight, is just there by chance)
Description:Likes microline. That's about it.

He can die, obviously.

Hell, you can come in later!

Incidentally, who minds dying? You'll die anyway (as a possibility) but I just want to know if you mind.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 105