Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46

Author Topic: Chaos Point; Currently on hold.  (Read 50293 times)

Golgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chaos Point; Currently on hold.
« Reply #645 on: June 02, 2009, 11:58:29 am »

Don't worry about it, Luke.  I'm really unsure as to how to proceed...  Without Vaiolis around, I'm not at all confident in my ability to run this, and he had most of the mechanics info saved up, to boot.  I'd rather not abandon this project, but until some sort of solution is figured out, it can't really go anywhere.
I fully endorse the idea of mountain goats that hunt man.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: June 02, 2009, 08:25:54 pm »

:-(
Even the avatars expire eventually.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: June 03, 2009, 11:59:17 pm »

Hmm. We could always make a thread in Creative Projects to pitch rules at Golgath and have him piece them together as the new mechanics. Maybe we could talk some other people into helping him run the game?

Golgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: June 04, 2009, 12:16:12 am »

Hmm. We could always make a thread in Creative Projects to pitch rules at Golgath and have him piece them together as the new mechanics. Maybe we could talk some other people into helping him run the game?
I've got all my conversations with Markov saved up, but the real problem with me is keeping it all going.  The building blocks for how all the skills and such are in place, as far as how they'll be used, but some of the other components (like how injury is handled) are a bit blurry, mostly because I can't decide how they should be done.  If you do decide to create a thread, I'll be quite happy to take a look at it, but I'm not sure how much I'd be able to patch into what I've got, and whether I'll be able to make the game work even if we get an acceptable ruleset together.  I might be interested in having someone else work with me on it, but I'm not sure how well that would work out, and I'd rather Vaiolis show back up again, so we can get it all rolling.  That doesn't look like it'll be in the near future, though, so I'm not exactly holding my breath on it.

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: June 04, 2009, 07:22:15 am »

Where the shit is Vaiolis?

Golgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: June 04, 2009, 08:58:06 am »

Where the shit is Vaiolis?
Like I said, from what I heard, his internet is down.  I don't really know much else, because I hear all this from a friend of his, who isn't apparently big on figuring out exactly what's going on. 

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: June 12, 2009, 03:56:41 pm »

Bump? Sitrep please?

Golgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: June 12, 2009, 04:21:09 pm »

Bump? Sitrep please?
Still nothing from Vaiolis.  I've got no idea where to go with this now, but I was considering putting together something that borrows from the CP mechanics but is only from the perspective of a single character.  Since a great deal of the mechanics that were troublesome would be cut out with only a single character to keep track of, I could probably run it on my own, though it would probably be a bit different from what little we scraped together here.

EDIT: To be a bit clearer, I'd like to know how much interest there would be for something like that.  Actions would be decided by player consensus, the same sort of deal that I've seen in other threads, though some common sense might be put into play in some cases.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 04:33:34 pm by Golgath »

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: June 12, 2009, 06:20:47 pm »

I'd be interested.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: June 12, 2009, 06:41:34 pm »

Interested.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: June 12, 2009, 06:48:45 pm »

I'd worry about the forty-some pages of work that has gone into the original plan. Especially all the RP stuff, you know?

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: June 12, 2009, 06:51:57 pm »

Our characters can be NPCs. Problaym solved.

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: June 12, 2009, 06:52:21 pm »

:'(

Where the hell is Vaiolis? Do you really not have a way to contact him?
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

Golgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: June 12, 2009, 07:42:28 pm »

:'(

Where the hell is Vaiolis? Do you really not have a way to contact him?
I can only talk to his friend, who isn't the most helpful at times.

I'd worry about the forty-some pages of work that has gone into the original plan. Especially all the RP stuff, you know?
Your characters wouldn't really factor into it.  V was making the map, so since I don't have that, there isn't a static location any more.  I'd like to make some sort of map, for continuity in this next incarnation, but I'm not sure how to go about it.  The idea I have ranges from a 'raising hell' mode where you try to cause as much panic as possible, a 'body count' mode where you try to kill as many people as possible, or it could be more towards what the original CP was and you try to eke out an existence with long-term plans.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: June 12, 2009, 07:48:05 pm »

Your characters wouldn't really factor into it.  V was making the map, so since I don't have that, there isn't a static location any more.  I'd like to make some sort of map, for continuity in this next incarnation, but I'm not sure how to go about it.  The idea I have ranges from a 'raising hell' mode where you try to cause as much panic as possible, a 'body count' mode where you try to kill as many people as possible, or it could be more towards what the original CP was and you try to eke out an existence with long-term plans.
Sounds good.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46