Author Topic: Music  (Read 4230 times)

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
Re: Music
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2009, 12:00:27 pm »

Hmm...

Thyrfing, Ensiferum, Eluveitie, Korpiklaani, Wolfchant, Amon Amarth, Tyr, Alestorm, Turisas, Wintersun.

Also Megadeth, Led Zepplin, Rise Against, Soilwork, Atreyu, All That Remains,Disarmonia Mundi, Static-X, Powerman 5000, Opeth, Nirvana, Nine Inch Nails, Finger Eleven, Insomnium, Allele, Alter Bridge, Sentenced, Anubis Gate.

Some bands that I like some of their songs are Three Days Grace, Papa Roach, Skillet, Sixx A.M., Rob Zombie, Ra, Sick Puppies, Strapping Young Lad, Sum 41, Systematic, Korn, Taproot, Switched, Trivium, Lost Prophets, Lamb of God, Children of Bodom, Dope, Disturbed, Bullet For My Valentine, Breaking Benjamin, Black Stone Cherry, Blur, Alexisonfire, Avenged Sevenfold, Alien Ant Farm, and...pheww...Finntroll.

These are all off the top of my head.

Wanna be music friends?
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2009, 12:42:04 pm »

Haha, sure.

I've been looking for a new folk metal band in the style of Turisas, know any?

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2009, 12:51:54 pm »

Angry White Boy Polka.
!!&!!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2009, 12:52:08 pm »

I tend towards that delightfully undefined genre of "classic rock", taking pleasure in AC/DC, Led Zeppelin, Aerosmith, Jimi Hendrix, Pink Floyd, Blue Öyster Cult, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Scorpions, Steppenwolf, The Cult, Uriah Heep and Nazareth, among others.

I also go for newer bands with more classic sounds, such as Thunder, Tora Tora, Coverdale Page and Airbourne.

And just to make the collection even stranger, I've found that I've got a taste for certain grunge specimens, such as Temple of the Dog and Alice in Chains.

I know I lumped Temple of the Dog and Coverdale Page in there even though they were one-shot bands, but I feel that the content was good enough to list along with the others.

Jude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2009, 01:53:08 pm »

I'm rocking out to the Sisters of Mercy right now

real talk
Quote from: Raphite1
I once started with a dwarf that was "belarded by great hanging sacks of fat."

Oh Jesus

Fishersalwaysdie

• Bay Watcher
  • Slayer of Threads
    • View Profile
    • http://chupacabra
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2009, 07:08:15 pm »

Mainly music that doesn't suck.
Cannot find self-destruction button, could have sworn it's somewhere here...

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2009, 07:29:04 pm »

How specific.

Awayfarer

• Bay Watcher
  • Bork!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2009, 07:35:53 pm »

1: Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds (Also "The Birthday Party")

Mother

Fucking

Yes

Dig Lazarus Dig is easily the best album of 2008

Other than that...well I've been listening a lot of Billy Joel and Alice in Chains lately, I'm listening to Rush right now and my all time favorite musicians are Bob Dylan and Steven Wilson.

*girlish shriek*

Hooray for another Nick Cave fan! We're not exactly common.  :)

I really need to check that one out. Have you heard anything about Grinderman? I've heard it's like his earlier stuff with The Birthday Party. Lately I've been a bit too broke to expand my music collection. Might take me a while before I have an opportunity to listen to either.
--There: Indicates location or state of being.
"The ale barrel is over there. There is a dwarf in it."
--Their: Indicates possession.
"Their beer has a dwarf in it. It must taste terrible.
--They're: A contraction of the words "they are".
"They're going to pull the dwarf out of the barrel."

Fishersalwaysdie

• Bay Watcher
  • Slayer of Threads
    • View Profile
    • http://chupacabra
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2009, 08:31:28 pm »

How specific.
Were I not specific in the past?
Am I not subtly(your mileage may vary) implying that some of this aforementioned music does in fact suck?
And does not the word "mainly" show that one can enjoy music that is not objectively superior alongside with that which is?
Cannot find self-destruction button, could have sworn it's somewhere here...

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2009, 09:43:09 pm »

Well, my favorite musician is Beck. I have nearly 5 and a half hours of his stuff in iTunes. However, there are probably a few hundred musicians/bands/etc. that I enjoy listening to. I've listened to a lot of Bush, Smashing Pumpkins, and Audioslave recently...I like a lot of classic rock also. Blue Oyster Cult, Led Zepplin, Black Sabbath, Alice In Chains, Kansas, to name a few...Tom Petty, Bob Dylan, The Beatles (of course!), The Rolling Stones, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, Lynyrd
Skynyrd, Aerosmith...and some weird stuff, like Crash Test Dummies and Frank Black/Pixies. John Butler Trio, Gnarls Barkley, Gogol Bordello, to name a few more. I like pretty much anything that isn't rap, country or jazz.

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2009, 10:26:38 pm »

I like Blue Oyster Cult. Only have their most famous three songs though.
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

Jude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2009, 02:15:41 am »

I actually know almost nothing about Nick Cave...I just got into him recently. First time I ever saw him was the Dig Lazarus Dig video on Israeli VH1, of all things...then I heard an interview on NPR with him...finally I got around to downloading a couple of his albums, and the only one I've given much attention to is Dig Lazarus Dig...but it's such a masterpiece that I now consider him well established in my list of excellent musicians.

In other news, this song is incredible..."Life's a Bitch" by Nas. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ewdZzLP6Bk
It's from Illmatic, probably THE quintessential hip hop album of the 90s.
Quote from: Raphite1
I once started with a dwarf that was "belarded by great hanging sacks of fat."

Oh Jesus

Gorjo MacGrymm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2009, 03:19:22 pm »

Haha, sure.

Ever listen to warrior radio on live365.com?

I think you would like it based on your listed music tastes.

My current music (in my players):
Enya
Alice in Chains
Led Zeppelin (the greatest rock band to ever rock)
Robert Earl Keen
Ray Wylie Hubbard
Avenged Sevenfold
Megadeth

Others:
Metallica up to the black album, the tweeners suck IMHO, then the new one rocks again.
Metal. Not Nu-Metal. Not metalcore, no kind of xcore. Black and Death metal.
ditto that
Johnny Cash
Pink Floyd

so many other mentionables but none of them as classic, like.......wait for it.........Poison,Ratt,Killer Dwarfs,Laaz Rockit,Tesla,Dokken,Grim Reaper,Helloween,Savatage,SOD (they actually deserve higher mention that that),Anthrax,Quiet Riot (cant forget them!),Twisted Sister,Jackyl,Dangerous Toys,Testament,Sepulchera........many many many more........& STRYPER!  (777 mf'kers! lol)

or

Billy Joel,Elton John,Eric Clapton,Cream,Heart,Golden Earring,RUSH,Supertramp,Kansas,Chicago (old stuff),Buffalo Springfield,Tom Petty,AC/DC,Ozzy,DIO,Deep Purple,Mountain,Lynard Skynard,Jimmy Hendrix,Blue Oyster Cult,Blind Faith,Jethro Tull (hooray for the first heavy metal grammy winners!),......

and of course,  Richard Cheese
"You should stop cutting down all these herr trees, or, MAN is my Queen going to be Aaaaa-aang-Re-ee with you guys!" flipping his hand and batting his eyelashes."
"Oh my god guys, wood, is like, totally murder."

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2009, 03:40:43 pm »

Haha, sure.

Ever listen to warrior radio on live365.com?

I think you would like it based on your listed music tastes.

My musical tastes go from Bob Marley to Dimmu Borgir, Korpiklaani to Kalmah.
I don't limit myself by labels or titles.

But I'll check it out.

Lear

• Bay Watcher
  • IRO-Bot will never die.
    • View Profile
    • the-crowing-is-near on deviantArt.
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2009, 04:16:20 pm »

I likes me some Coheed and Cambria, The Mars Volta, Yes, Rush, early Pink Floyd, theRedPress, some Gorillaz, Imogen Heap, Joe Satriani, John Williams, Koji Kondo, Ko Otani, and a bunch of misc bands.

I'll listen to pretty much anything save for modern rap/hiphop, most metal, and country(I can stand the older stuff though).
« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 04:21:11 pm by Lear »
Those were the days, The End Complete.
deviantART - My artworks, let me show you them!
Pages: 1 [2] 3