Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Out with Riffraff EA  (Read 5471 times)

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
Out with Riffraff EA
« on: March 23, 2009, 10:54:20 am »

First of all, Read This

Pay special attention to the end of Riccitiello's statement. Riffraff that give their stuff away for free?

Seriously. It seems to me he is bashing the entire independant game development industry. The crack about the crayon makes me think he might have had another crayon drawing person who gives their stuff away for free when he was talking about Riffraff...

So, my only conclusion is, EA wants to see Toady One out on the street.

I think it's time for a "recession Donathon", where we all send whatever loose change we can find in our couches to Toady One. Come on guys, eat Raman for a day, send the $1.50 US you would save eating normally and donate it! Don't let those bastards at EA win. Support your local Riffraff today!
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 11:00:12 am by Kogan Loloklam »
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
Re: Out with Riffraff EA
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 10:59:21 am »

It begins...
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2009, 11:09:46 am »

Speaking of riff raff... there's a game company I really want to see go under.  They've been choking off innovation for years by buying up successful studios and running them into the ground.  They're throwing money around like monkey poo and have taken some biggish loses lately.  They most profitilbe lines are a bunch of badly done sports clones anywho.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2009, 11:12:07 am »

They most profitilbe lines are a bunch of badly done sports clones anywho.
Actually, their sports lines aren't that great sellers when compared to the Sims, and The Sims 2. Spore is raking in more money for them as well.
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2009, 02:18:42 pm »

Hehehe... those statements make game companies sound like drug companies. Only one or two cash cows with tonnes of experimental projects.

Blizzard takes 90% of its revenue from one game. Yes yes, I know it's Blizzard-Activision.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2009, 02:34:43 pm »

[[THIS POST HAS BEEN DELETED SO AS TO PREVENT ME FROM BEING BURNIANTED]]
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 02:38:59 pm by Servant Corps »
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2009, 02:40:23 pm »

I'll see what I can scrounge up.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2009, 02:43:53 pm »

Probably said that he luvs EA, or something.

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2009, 02:46:07 pm »

Hehehe... those statements make game companies sound like drug companies. Only one or two cash cows with tonnes of experimental projects.

Blizzard takes 90% of its revenue from one game. Yes yes, I know it's Blizzard-Activision.

The games Blizzard have made (at least in the past) have been very polished and fun, so I think they deserve their success.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2009, 02:46:31 pm »

Probably said that he luvs EA, or something.
He said that he enjoyed EA games much more than he ever enjoyed Toady One games. He also said LCS was not a Toady One game.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2009, 02:49:49 pm »

Quoting someone is great, because you don't have to know what the original context of it was so you can paint it in whatever light you want. I dislike EA just as much as the next guy, but I don't trust journalists to give you an unbiased view of things.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 02:51:22 pm by Wiles »

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2009, 03:21:24 pm »

In my defense, it may be because EA bought all the game companies that made the games I liked.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2009, 03:55:39 pm »

I dislike EA for monopolizing the professional Football games.

I don't like or play Football games, I just think it was a really crap move on their part.

The poor quality of licensed games also makes me dislike them.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2009, 04:00:13 pm »

I wonder why they were allowed to. For a country that loves to fight monopoly, it's strange that it exists and no one has filed a lawsuit about it.

As a consumer, I love competition... as a business, I love monopoly... sigh... I can't decide.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2009, 04:11:56 pm »

EA says something.

Toady One sees a rise in his donations.

Of course. I mean, right? Tis only natural. When has it become a big surprise for EA to say or do something stupid? Well, right when it starts affecting one of your favorite Indie Game Makers.
Pages: [1] 2 3