Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

When gaming, what role are you most willing to fill?

Game Master Only
- 0 (0%)
Game Master or Player
- 16 (57.1%)
Player Only
- 12 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 25

Author Topic: Virtual Tabletop Gaming Club  (Read 21975 times)

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Virtual Tabletop Gaming Club
« Reply #315 on: July 16, 2010, 12:24:24 pm »

Solifudge, you still owe us a game.
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

janekk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: July 16, 2010, 12:34:58 pm »

I haven't played any other D&D than Baldurs Gate and Temple of Elemental Evil also I don't have any books. Is it still possible for me to play? I would be really interested. I always wanted to try pen and paper RPG's but its hard to play by myself  :'(.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: July 17, 2010, 01:51:03 am »

Holy crap, perennial thread necromancy!

Well, some (1-2?) of you may be interested to hear that my Campaign-In-Progress is by no means dead or forgotten, though it's taken on a vastly different form over the last year. The setting I'm designing is known as Blunderbuss, and is set in a fantasy Age of Exploration/Colonial Era world, with pirates, black powder weapons, ancient Saurian overlords, and perhaps a Spelljamming Interstellar City that exists outside of time.

I'm writing it for the Pathfinder d20 System, which is pretty much D&D 3.5+... it fixes some of the Mechanical and Balance problems of 3.5, and streamlines the skills list while preserving the versatility and RP potential that was lost with the transition to 4th ed. It also remedies the need for numerous D&D Splat Books, by providing highly flexible base classes with a lot more options for unique and cool characters than base D&D; it allows for Wizards who cast spells from a magic staff, Blind Oracles that see and speak to the spirits of the dead, magic-dabbling pure Rogues, Sorcerers with an Aberration Bloodline which grants freakish mutations as they grow in arcane power, Bards that gain different powers based on the style of performance or music they specialize in, Monks that can specialize in different martial combat styles, Summoners who create chimeric beasts out of raw magic, and so on. Fighters are also actually interesting to build now too!

Anywho, I'm keeping a forum blog of sorts as I work through rules, PC races, and new game mechanics, though it's been a bit slow with my recent transition to full time student, as I get settled I hope to pick up the pace on campaign design once more.

More about Blunderbuss can be found here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=57110.msg1243823#msg1243823.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 01:53:52 am by Solifuge »

Alehkhs

• Bay Watcher
  • The Sorrow of Poets
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: July 17, 2010, 06:58:32 am »

Well, add me to the club I guess; hopefully I can get in on some games some time.

By the way (haven't read whole thread yet): Anyone here play Paranoia?

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: July 17, 2010, 08:03:35 am »

Well, add me to the club I guess; hopefully I can get in on some games some time.

Oh memories of the eighties, we used to play the 1st edition of this, lots of hilarious moments :D

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: July 17, 2010, 08:44:11 am »

I'd like to join.
I'm not really experienced with D&D, but have a general overview about the game mechanics.
Hopefully my roleplaying skills are good enough.

Im in the GMT+2 zone.
And would be available from 7pm GMT to 11pm GMT from Monday to Thursday, from 12am GMT to 12pm GMT at fridays and basically any time on weekends.

Does anyone knows Rifts?
From what I've seen its another cool tabletop.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 08:45:54 am by Mindmaker »

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: July 17, 2010, 11:18:19 am »

I'll join the club.  My schedule is pretty clear for the next two months or so.  Mid September college is starting back up, so it'll be limited.

I'm up for most things, D&D (3 or 4, preferably 4), Dark Heresy, Rogue Trader, Traveller, whatever.  I tend to be a flaky DM though, so I'm only willing to be a player for now.

I'm also not willing to play a forum game.  Those never work out.
Shoes...

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: July 17, 2010, 02:07:46 pm »

I suppose I can join, too. My schedule right now is open from 5-7 PM or so and 1-8 AM, all GMT.

In four or five weeks, I leave for college. Pending my schedule there and the schedule of my RL gaming group, I'll likely be open most nights. I would prefer to play, but I suppose I could GM.

As for what I'm willing to play, I'll try pretty much anything. So far, I've got most books for D&D3.5, Shadowrun 3rd and 4th, Paranoia XP, Twilight 2000, Traveller (Mongoose), 2300AD, Call of Cthulhu (Chaosium), Trail of Cthulhu, Cthulutech, GURPS 4E, and Star Wars SAGA. I'm also open to obtaining more books for systems I don't currently have.

I would suggest against using the time zone converter in the first post. It says Indiana is GMT-4. Indiana is either -5 (the majority) or -6.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 02:20:13 pm by Mephisto »

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: July 17, 2010, 02:41:23 pm »

Oh memories of the eighties, we used to play the 1st edition of this, lots of hilarious moments :D

Hells yes. I actually ran Paranoia with my D&D group while the DM was out of town. We had a registered mutant Matter-Eater try to digest a grenade before it exploded in an elevator (and failing), a Team-Leader trying to take on an entire corrupt Black Market (which ended up being a lone enterprise, since the rest of the team didn't follow the charge), a Recording Officer who had accidentally been filming ALL of their horrible assassination attempts and infighting, only to inadvertantly provide said footage for Friend computer, and a Happyness Officer who attempted to hack a terminal and get a second clone, only fall into the chute and be killed by her own replacement clone-pod. Good times.

Anywho, if anyone wants to run a game, please make a note and I'll add it to the first post. I'll do my best to clean this up today (slight ammount of messy forum necromancy and all that)

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: July 17, 2010, 03:41:57 pm »

Are you still going to run your game and stuff?
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

Alehkhs

• Bay Watcher
  • The Sorrow of Poets
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: July 17, 2010, 11:43:59 pm »

...Paranoia?
...we used to play the 1st edition of this...

Hells yes. I actually ran Paranoia with my D&D group while the DM was out of town. We had a registered mutant Matter-Eater try to digest a grenade before it exploded in an elevator (and failing), a Team-Leader trying to take on an entire corrupt Black Market (which ended up being a lone enterprise, since the rest of the team didn't follow the charge), a Recording Officer who had accidentally been filming ALL of their horrible assassination attempts and infighting, only to inadvertantly provide said footage for Friend computer, and a Happyness Officer who attempted to hack a terminal and get a second clone, only fall into the chute and be killed by her own replacement clone-pod. Good times.

Friend Computer mandates that we MUST play Paranoia...

Also, in one of the games I played, I was a split-personality (yes- two players, one character) of a Theremin Rockstar, and I noted that my host character had the trait ~"can hide messages in otherwise innocuous data," so me and my other personality convinced friend computer that this meant we could hide hid secret messages in our theremin music that caused those that heard it to have an urge to either kill themselves or another of the party (besides the Rockstar of course).

This is the next round: we nonchalantly rock-out on the theremin like every previous turn, only this round -> Computer rolls five times -> confusion, panic, and general chaos
« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 12:22:24 am by Alehkhs »

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: July 18, 2010, 01:55:32 pm »

So is the person organizing this, actually following this thread? :o

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: July 18, 2010, 02:11:16 pm »

Does anyone knows Rifts?
From what I've seen its another cool tabletop.

NO! It's not. It's munchkin/powergamer paradise. Not to mention completely broken. And unbalanced. And very badly written and edited. And the setting... it's basically what someone would come up in a trapper keeper in high school.

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: July 22, 2010, 09:28:48 pm »

I can GM Paranoia and Maid RPG if anyone wants me to and depending on my inspiration level. Not this week though too much school work.  I'm willing to play anything I can get some general rules for as well.  I have shadowrun 4th and the Wheel Of Time RPG but lack experience to GM them.  I'm hoping to get Tenra Bansho Zero when it comes out and will likely be able to GM it.

So feel free to contact me for playing or whatever.
If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: July 22, 2010, 11:54:49 pm »

Oh man.  I'm almost tempted to get in on that Paranoia...except that the last time I tried jparanoia (as a Paranoia XP beta test!) it sucked.

I was actually going to run Paranoia last weekend, except that things happened with my gaming group.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 25