Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

When gaming, what role are you most willing to fill?

Game Master Only
- 0 (0%)
Game Master or Player
- 16 (57.1%)
Player Only
- 12 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 25

Author Topic: Virtual Tabletop Gaming Club  (Read 21973 times)

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Virtual Tabletop Gaming Club
« on: March 19, 2009, 07:49:44 pm »

The Bay 12 VTGC
Virtual Tabletop Gaming Club

We're currently gathering interested folks together to arrange some tabletop gaming action!

If you're interested in gaming with us, drop us a line, and we'll add you to the list. If you want to get in on a game, post your available days and times in GMT +/-0, and the game you'd like to get in on, and we'll add you to the list. If you need to change your availability, PM me with the new information, and I'll update it here.

If you're interested in running a tabletop game (It doesn't have to be D&D), post here, and drop me a PM with the details, so I can put a blurb up here. I'll do my best to keep this thread up-to-date with regards to player slots, time changes, or weeks off, etc. Make sure to PM me if you want to make any changes to the blurb too.

Also, if you have ideas, questions, comments, or whatever, this thread is open for discussion.

Links, Tools, and Utilities:
Time Zone Conversion Tool

NewNet IRC Client: #Bay12DnD

MapTool Download
MapTool Tutorial
4e Interactive Charactersheet for MapTool

Player Master List:
Solifuge
Cerej
Org
Nilocy
Haven
Darkone
Jack_Bread
Aqizzar
beorn080
Soulwynd
deadlycairn
White Elephant
Servant Corps
Wiles
Yanlin
FobosIC
Detrevni|inverteD
mainiac
Katsuun
Vugor

- Player Confirmed
- Player Not Confirmed

Current Games:
- No games currently running
« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 12:10:20 am by Solifuge »

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
Re: The Bay 12 Games D&D Club: Discussion
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2009, 08:03:55 pm »

Id join.

But, what new things are there?
Like I said earlier, 3.5 is what I played.

Im thinking a koboldish campaign.
I had one sorta p,lanned out.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2009, 08:06:41 pm »

I'd be happy to join. What version you planning to play? Cause i like both 3.5 and 4.0. 4's good for new people, so might want to kepp that on year mind.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2009, 08:07:29 pm »

Id go with 4. Never seen it, but if good for newbies, want it.

Lulz, gotta be a dwarf.

Haven

• Bay Watcher
  • Studiously Avoidant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2009, 08:08:21 pm »

I'd join up with you, though I find myself rather partial to 3.X rules. Have got a copy of Fantasy Grounds on my comp, but I'm not sure if the demo has full features as far as joining a game goes... Wouldn't want people to have to pay someone else just to join up, when the money could be much better spent on Bay12.

Darkone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2009, 08:14:39 pm »

If I have a nice block of free time, I'd give it a shot.  On a side note, anyone up the challenge of Bolo-ifying (my avatar) a penguin?  :P
"LOL, those nub FBI, they thought you were sharing software so they kicked down your door, only to find you recently wiped your entire hard drive, how wacky! Case dismissed."
[11:58] <Jay16> I couldn't begin proper last time I tried this because I embarked next to a hydra.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2009, 08:19:43 pm »

It would be nice since my last group kicked me even though I told them I still wanted to play. Anyway, I have a couple of tools I will share.
RPTools
TokenTool (for making tokens), InitiativeTool(for keeping initiative), DiceTool(for rolling dice), CharacterTool(for making characters[not recommended]), and the awesome but incredibly laggy MapTool. They run on Java. :P
Myth Weavers
Online character sheets. They have a lot of different sheets that you can use. They also let you host PbP games here.

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2009, 08:20:45 pm »

One penguin wants to start something. Some other penguin waddles up to the scene and they join forces.

This is usually the point at which I'd advise mankind to either gather up a defense or as Darkone did, welcome our new penguin overlords.

I for one will viciously fight. YOU ARE NEVER GOING TO TAKE ME ALIVE.... wait, that wasnt the plan anyway, was it?

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2009, 08:35:55 pm »

I guess I should agree to join.  I'm in favor of 4th ed myself.  I've never actually played it, but I have digested the rulebook, and it's pretty inviting.

I did play 3.5 back in the day (it's been a while), but I never had any idea how it actually worked.  I just did whatever sounded cool and let the GM figure it out.  Since none of us worried much about rules, we just ran with it freeform.  Ah, good times with a Rod of Wonder.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2009, 09:49:52 pm »

I'll give it a shot. I have the core books for 3.0, but am willing to play anything.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2009, 10:07:13 pm »

Well, it would seem as though there is no shortage of interested people... guess the question isn't yes or no, but when and how. :P

I set a Poll up for different editions. My personal leaning is towards 4th Ed, because it's easy to learn, the rules only govern what they HAVE to, leaving the rest to storytelling, and it's very easy to modify. If we go that way, I intend to use expanded content from Dragon, PHB2, etc. (on that note, I've got the PDFs of every source book and supplement for 4th ed., if anyone is interested).

Also, if this is to fit into the DF theme, I'm probably going may have to adapt the race selection a wee bit too. Expect to be able to play Dwarves, Elves (Fey Elves and Wood Elves, mind you), Humans, and even Goblins and Kobolds. I'll have to mull over whether or not to add in the usual D&D core races too, and if so how.

--
As a side note, I recently played in a 1st Ed campaign, and despite the at times wonky rules, I really liked the feel of it. That and I played a Gnome Illusionist/Rogue, which kicked a fair bit of ass.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2009, 10:10:51 pm »

Maybe we should keep this restricted to the core stuff at first, so no one gets confused and we're all on the same page.

And good luck adapting the D&D rules to Dwarf Fortress, if we have to go that route.  I may have brainstormed a gamebreaking Dragonborn Warlock, but oh well.  The big question is, will magic be allowed?  Or does this have to strickly adhere to pure DF?  'Cause that would be pretty limiting.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2009, 10:14:42 pm »

I will play anything that doesn't require:

(a). Me GMing (unless it's shadowrun)
(b). Anything installed in java.

deadlycairn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2009, 10:18:56 pm »

I'm interested, but I warn you, I've never played a tabletop before in my life.
Quote from: Ampersand
Also, Xom finds people that chug unidentified fluids pleasing.
Quote from: Servant Corps
Ignorance of magic does not give scientists the power to resist fireballs.

Cerej

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2009, 10:19:25 pm »

Hey all.  Interested in joining for some 4th Edition, Virtual Tabletop goodness.  The more fantastic the scenario the better, in my opinion.

Anyway, I've already offered to DM a session or two this weekend.  It's not going to become a long campaign or anything, but I'll try to hit some of the iconic D&D scenarios.  Pre-made characters will be available.  Going to have a maximum of six players, with preference given to those new to D&D.  If you want any more information or are interested in playing send me a PM.

If someone is willing to take care of scheduling this, please send me a PM.  That would give me more time to work on things and will result in a better session.

Thanks to players and volunteers in advance.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 25