Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

When gaming, what role are you most willing to fill?

Game Master Only
- 0 (0%)
Game Master or Player
- 16 (57.1%)
Player Only
- 12 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 25

Author Topic: Virtual Tabletop Gaming Club  (Read 21981 times)

Roundabout Lout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: D&D Club: DF Themed Campaign (Discussion)
« Reply #285 on: June 15, 2009, 03:54:48 am »

Maybe it would be nice to try a few generic one-shot games in Fudge to test it out.

I read FUDGE years ago, and never got to do anything with it. I'd be in on this.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: June 15, 2009, 04:21:23 am »

Just a heads up- Solifuge never started running the 4E campaign. So for anyone wondering what's happening with that - well now you know. And G.I. Joe can tell us that, "And knowing is half the battle." The other half is lost as well, since I haven't heard a peep out of anybody who mentioned anything about fudge. Unless we find someone who will actually be DMing anytime in the foreseeable future, this endeavor is defunct. While I completely respect Solifuge's right to decide if and when he will DM, I am deeply disappointed that he never bothered informing anybody of it. I only found out that it wasn't going to happen after I sent multiple PMs, and waited a good amount of weeks for a reply.

I did end up scrapping the idea of running the campaign in D&D 4E, although the campaign itself isn't forgotten at all. I've still been plugging away at it, and have been developing a more DF-appropriate ruleset using FATE, a variant of the FUDGE system. Once the kinks are worked out, I'll post further details. To those still interested in the campaign, I hope it'll be worth the wait.

Also to Shingo, and to those others who were interested and/or involved in the 4E Campaign, I'd like to apologize. I've been dealing with a rather severe bout of depression for the last few months, which has been sapping my will to do things, making it really hard to believe that people were actually interested in this, and which generally made it hard to get excited about this. I've gotten through the worst of it, though, and I'm taking measures that ought to keep depression from being an issue in the foreseeable future.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: June 15, 2009, 11:06:40 am »

I'm still game for a game of Fudge, I'm just very very very very inclined to procrastinate - and my job is making me crazy with the long hours... ugh. Anyway, I'm going to look into my schedule and try to reserve some time that could be used for a campaign... someday...

Zironic

• Bay Watcher
  • [SDRAW_KCAB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: June 15, 2009, 11:35:16 pm »

Count me in. I want to be an American Supersoldier!

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: June 16, 2009, 12:31:31 am »

I was told by Solifuge that you needed an elf. Well, I am ready to play, Tree Brothers. :)

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Virtual Tabletop Gaming Club
« Reply #290 on: June 16, 2009, 01:30:04 am »

Okay, for those interested, I have the skinny on the vanilla FATE system here: http://www.faterpg.com/dl/FATE2fe.pdf

Also, if other folks are interested in running games, or are looking for something in a game, thats what this thread is about.

P.S. Changed the thread title, since "D&D Club" isn't really accurate now.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: June 16, 2009, 01:36:17 am »

I believe you change the title of the original post to change the title of the thread, Tree Brother.

Either that, or I'm not seeing the change. :(

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: June 16, 2009, 06:42:16 am »

I'd love to jump in and be a part of this. I have some experience to boot.
!!&!!

Snugglebear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: June 19, 2009, 11:22:22 am »

So is there still any interest in a 4E DF game? It's possible that I could be persuaded to run one involving descending into the bowels of the earth in quest of adamantine, and even more possible that I'd enjoy playing in one.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 11:24:06 am by Snugglebear »
"Engraved on the wall is an exceptionally-designed image of a dragon and a dwarf by Ber Ilavuz.  The dragon is making a plaintive gesture.  The dwarf is striking a menacing pose."

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: June 20, 2009, 04:22:46 pm »

Well, I'm leaving my regular day job at the end of June, and going to spend more time in personal projects and stuff for money, so I'm guessing I'm going to have an easier time to set aside time for role playing sessions at any time and hour I like.

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #295 on: June 21, 2009, 03:27:02 am »

but, will you have TIME?
I got nothing

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: June 22, 2009, 09:45:22 am »

Time will tell.

Jakkarra

« Reply #297 on: June 22, 2009, 10:02:46 am »

i wouldent mind coming if thats OK, but itd have to be at weekends mostly, unless otherwise noted.

i can get a D&D 3.5 or G.U.R.P.S (Atomic horror is choice) character too. ust need the level and sech.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: July 06, 2009, 05:56:53 pm »

Anyone here that can give me ideas for magic traps and puzzles for 1-3 lvl chars?

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: July 07, 2009, 04:31:34 pm »

NOONE?

FINE.

Btw I am starting a FOrum DnD game. 3.5. Anyone who has it and knows it want to play?
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 25