Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 33

Author Topic: SPACE PIRATES RTD- Chapter 1  (Read 38015 times)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SPACE PIRATES RTD-Turn 2- Lightsabers & giant teddy bears.
« Reply #45 on: March 17, 2009, 07:16:07 am »

I practice my agility.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 17, 2009, 07:43:36 am »

Captain Nirur Torir shall now look for anyone willing to buy the wrecked ship he found.

(It's best for the captain of a pirate ship to be infamous, right? Naturally, general leadership falls upon majority vote of The Council of Eight.)

Wait, no financial reward for the capture of The Blood Brothers? Bah. Selfless altrusim just isn't profitable anymore. (Infamy's good though.)

Kel the Oblivious

• Bay Watcher
  • A Vile Force of Dorkness has Arrived!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 17, 2009, 08:12:31 am »

Room for one more, perchance? I could be one of the two willing to give up life on Smuggles.
To err is to man, as to kill your entire population because you forgot a single stone block in your incredibly amazing steam aquaduct system is to dwarf

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 17, 2009, 08:15:26 am »

Room for one more, perchance? I could be one of the two willing to give up life on Smuggles.
Sorry, those two are people who already asked to join. And there is an 8 man limit on the morning star.
But perhaps you would like the feeling of power gotten from playing as an NPC? The current one is taken, but there will be many more.
Long Live United Forenia!

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 17, 2009, 10:33:57 am »

I now disassemble one of the lightsabers, carefully studying its mechanics and storing every single piece of it. I don't want a small but important part to vanish in some corner, after all.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 17, 2009, 03:54:38 pm »

I'm confused. Am I in or not?

If I am in, I'll take two lightsabers (one green, one blue), turn them off, pocket them, and go see if I can figure out the ship's computer. Preferably without being labeled IDIOT.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 11:34:55 pm by shoruke »
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Fire, You Will Blaze Through The Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 17, 2009, 05:29:38 pm »

Yay, I'm in  ;D

Skill: Stealth
Action: Help Nirur with whatever hes doing

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 18, 2009, 02:37:19 am »

Excellent, that's everyone. I think. Yes it is.
I shall do the rolls in 2 hours.

EDIT: Well OK, not everybody but org hasn't posted in 24 hours so he gets AI'd
Captain Nirur Torir shall now look for anyone willing to buy the wrecked ship he found.
Action: Help Nirur with whatever hes doing
|You are awakened by thunderclan pouring water over you. You sit up and listen to thunderclan jabber about how awesome you are.|Apparently you helped arrest some murderers or something, and now people think you're awesome. You realise that your good fortune must be exploited, and so you offer your fans the exclusive chance to buy a space ship shot by Nirur Torir himself.
| A few people go with you to the ship, where they admire the lump of metal dangling behind the ship, and then walk off. A merchant offers you 600 credits for it and permission to set it up as a tourist attraction, which you accept.
(600 credits= Decent price).

I'll change my lightsaber colour to orange, and then start running around a bit, practising my endurance and (possibly) agility.
You swap your lightsaber for an orange one. |You in circles around the ship. Your endurance increases, but you get dizzy. -1 to physical actions next turn (like running or fighting)

Realizing that using the computer is pointless, I attempt to enter Smuggles and use the nearest internet cafe to surf various sites regarding CPU mantienance, since I need to try and lower the IDIOT_SHIELD on the ships CPU.
Internet (n.):
A system of global communication whereby multiple computers are linked together. Can still be found on earth, and other planets with large (100 million+) populations. Internet was much used on earth before 2010, and indeed was still used for a long time afterwards. However the difficulty of moving 'pure' information faster than light means that it doesn't even work within a single solar system, and over the span of the galaxy it would be silly.
See system libraries, fiber optics, and <2010 computers.

Tsk. Not that you could know. Anyway, you attempt to go to the nearest system library (digital libraries used within solar systems). | You walk down the gangplank and past the guard. He stops you and tells you that no weapons are allowed on the station.|You reply with an argument so well built that no counter argument could ever be formulated |. The guard's brain lapses into unconsciousness before your reasoning can do to much damage. Unfortunately you completely forget to go inside.

I practice my agility.
|You do stretches and stuff, and jump over astronautical equipment on the deck. You even swing around on some rigging, jumping from one rope to - the cold dark abyss of space. Oops. | You fly off the ship. Before anyone can activate the gravity rescue systems you fly out of the biosphere. You hold your breath and try to swim back. Which is surprisingly easy. But despite your speed you run out of breath. You take a deep breath of cold hydrogen. Or not. It appears you have taken a sphere of air with you. On account of your innate magical abilities.
Sweet!

I now disassemble one of the lightsabers, carefully studying its mechanics and storing every single piece of it. I don't want a small but important part to vanish in some corner, after all.
|You break open the red lightsaber. Pieces fly everywhere.
Try and be more careful next time.

If I am in, I'll take two lightsabers (one green, one blue), turn them off, pocket them, and go see if I can figure out the ship's computer. Preferably without being labeled IDIOT.
You run after Nirur Torir and thunderclan. You explain that you have wanted to be a pirate ever since you got dumped here, and Nirur lets you join the crew. |You gleefully grab two lightsabers (yellow, white) and take a look at the ships computer. You wisely don't press buttons at random, and the computer just beeps at you. It's a simple thing, controlling the ships steering mechanisms and keeping the ship on a pre-set course. It seems pretty easy to operate.

Quote from: org
Org trains his lightsabering.
| Org takes a powerful swing at the training dummy, which parries his blow. Unfortunately the parrying mechanism is a little fragile, and the saber arm goes limp.

Statuses:
Spoiler: Morning Star (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Katsuun (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Digital Hellhound (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Cheeetar (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nirur Torir (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Org (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Errol (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Thunderclan (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Shoruke (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 06:39:14 am by NUKE9.13 »

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 18, 2009, 06:14:36 am »

It's been more than 2 hours. I demand rolls.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 18, 2009, 06:37:57 am »

Quoting Multiworld Madness, ROLLS!
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 18, 2009, 06:39:36 am »

Quoting me, ROLLS ARE UP.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 18, 2009, 06:49:48 am »

I examine my lightsaber while sitting down. What would I do if someone cut my legs off? Can it light things on fire? Would it look wicked cool if I played guitar while swinging it around? I try and gain some more experience with my lightsaber by plain looking at it.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 18, 2009, 07:13:24 am »

Uh, the dice hate me in this RTD.
Will the air bubble disappear soon, or stay there?
In any case, I hurry back, like, REALLY fast.

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 18, 2009, 07:57:43 am »

You run after Nirur Torir and thunderclan. You explain that you have wanted to be a pirate ever since you got dumped here, and Nirur lets you join the crew. |You gleefully grab two lightsabers (yellow, white) and take a look at the ships computer. You wisely don't press buttons at random, and the computer just beeps at you. It's a simple thing, controlling the ships steering mechanisms and keeping the ship on a pre-set course. It seems pretty easy to operate.

Oh come on!

Anyways, I return to the ship, having forgotten all about the CPU, and attempt to gather parts in order to reconstruct my lightsaber into a dual-bladed one. Thats yellow.
how would a Fortress based curse work?

Rocks fall, everyone dies.

Sans context.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 18, 2009, 08:42:32 am »

Since my alcohol disappeared, somebody should probably try to sell it. I don't trust pirates not to remain permanently drunk with 199 units of alcohol.

I'll spend my turn gathering information: The ship upgrades available, the cost of the next type of ship, and perfectly legal trade routes. (Not that we need to trade, but all the fun places are along perfectly legal trade routes. Smugglers tend to be more paranoid, and more heavily armed.)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 33