Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: My fortress + a few questions (contains spoilers)  (Read 1732 times)

Phazer

• Bay Watcher
  • This song is creepy.
    • View Profile
Re: My fortress + a few questions (contains spoilers)
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2009, 11:10:28 am »

ya do that we can always abandon and look were it is
Dragon: My plan is foolproof! Those foolish dwarves cannot resist walking near lava! If I hop in, then they won't know what hit them! I'll just- AH! OH GOD! I WASTED MY LIFE!

Eviltyphoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2009, 11:24:47 am »

So, after some problems with DFFD I just tried loading an old backup, and it worked. So here's the embark location:

"If you can't build a tower upon a sheer cliff face over which you may throw precisely one hundred and fifty-two kittens and seven stalwart dwarves to their explosive doom some fifty stories below, then brother, your game ain't much of a sandbox, is it?"

Phazer

• Bay Watcher
  • This song is creepy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2009, 12:47:53 pm »

nice i will try it out ;),
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
also, him having problem generating the world as mine end up very different of that you posted
« Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 01:34:05 pm by Phazer »
Dragon: My plan is foolproof! Those foolish dwarves cannot resist walking near lava! If I hop in, then they won't know what hit them! I'll just- AH! OH GOD! I WASTED MY LIFE!

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2009, 01:37:52 pm »

Isn't it randomly decided when you breach the pit?
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Kanddak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2009, 01:46:25 pm »

if you wish to pump magma while using mechanisms you WILL need bauxite mechanisms yes. Don't be stupid like me by trying obsidian ones ::)
WTF? Pumps don't even use mechanisms; just a block, a pipe, and a corkscrew.
Hydrodynamics Education - read this before being confused about fluid behaviors

The wiki is notoriously inaccurate on subjects at the cutting edge, frequently reflecting passing memes, folklore, or the word on the street instead of true dwarven science.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2009, 01:53:42 pm »

He means routing the pumped magma. Not actually using mechanisms in pumps.  Unless he is an idiot.  Which I try to avoid assuming.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Scruga

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McDwarf cancels eat: Interupted by goat
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2009, 01:54:12 pm »

if you wish to pump magma while using mechanisms you WILL need bauxite mechanisms yes. Don't be stupid like me by trying obsidian ones ::)
WTF? Pumps don't even use mechanisms; just a block, a pipe, and a corkscrew.

WHILE USING MECHANISMS ;)
EDIT: you posted it too
New question! If I were to remove elves [INTELLIGENT] tag in the raws, would it work?
Dwarf Fortress: Where taking a creatures intelligence is an accepted way of modding.

Eviltyphoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2009, 02:15:39 pm »

nice i will try it out ;),
also, him having problem generating the world as mine end up very different of that you posted

Hmm... Try these:
Generating world using parameter set MEDIUM
 Seed: 688329200
 History Seed: 1920524320
 Name Seed: 2120290144

« Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 02:20:59 pm by Eviltyphoon »
"If you can't build a tower upon a sheer cliff face over which you may throw precisely one hundred and fifty-two kittens and seven stalwart dwarves to their explosive doom some fifty stories below, then brother, your game ain't much of a sandbox, is it?"

Phazer

• Bay Watcher
  • This song is creepy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2009, 04:33:16 pm »

worked, thanks for the seed

Cheshire Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • You Have Struck Turtle Shell!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2009, 09:38:29 am »

i dont think the hfs magma refills unfortunately, its normally just a few squares with nowhere for incoming magma to arrive at. unlike a magma pipe, where magma comes up from the bottom z level of the map. its best to preserve your hfs magma for smelting unless you allready have another source. smelters and forges do not use the magma up, so a few squares of it will last forever. moving it around entails the risk of losing it though, as thin layers of magma eventually dissapear like water does.

Phazer

• Bay Watcher
  • This song is creepy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2009, 09:46:03 am »

easiest way to get all features. if you dont mind using tweak you can put magma under youre forges and you can change i tile to a sand tile i believe and you can import flux depending on the nation of dwarves you embarked from.

Eviltyphoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2009, 03:42:54 pm »

Bump for old quesion, plus some new ones;
Now, for some questions:

Can I stop demons from appearing by building a floor over the glowing pit tiles?
I read that a normal (non addy) king arrives with consort and guard. Will I ever get these?
What is the best way to get a legendary weaponsmith? (So I can have some nice addy weapons)
(already got an armorer thanks to a mood)

Also: Woot, I just found bauxite, time to make some pumps! (I'm planning on pumping the HFS magma into an area of 2x2 So I can build 4 workshop on it)
Pages: 1 [2]