Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: My fortress + a few questions (contains spoilers)  (Read 1731 times)

Eviltyphoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
My fortress + a few questions (contains spoilers)
« on: March 08, 2009, 09:05:31 am »

Just here to show my current fortress (5th one)to see what you guys think of it, and to ask some questions.

This fortress seems pretty much perfect to me. It has all 3 iron ores, lignite, lots of gems (I found about 50 before my first year was over), lots of platinum, Galena, Native silver, 20+ elevation on the right side of the map and Flat woodland on the left side, HFS, LOTS of adamantine(400+ ores), no aquifer
But it misses 2 things: sand and flux...

Seed:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Embark location:

Now for some pics:
I have struck adamantine!

King arrived at 22 dwarves :/

A little bit of adamantine :P

First adamantine artifact!

Second!

If you're intrested, here's my map on dfma:
http://mkv25.net/dfma/map-4951-gearedpartner

Now, for some questions:

Will the magma in HFS refill?
Can I stop demons from appearing by building a floor over the glowing pit tiles?
Do pumps need bauxite mechanisms?

« Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 02:17:00 pm by Eviltyphoon »
"If you can't build a tower upon a sheer cliff face over which you may throw precisely one hundred and fifty-two kittens and seven stalwart dwarves to their explosive doom some fifty stories below, then brother, your game ain't much of a sandbox, is it?"

Scruga

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McDwarf cancels eat: Interupted by goat
    • View Profile
Re: My fortress + a few questions (contains spoilers)
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2009, 09:35:03 am »

if you wish to pump magma while using mechanisms you WILL need bauxite mechanisms yes. Don't be stupid like me by trying obsidian ones ::)

But now i have a question. If you remove adamantine from the economic stones list, will that also be used in mechanisms? If so, adamantine is magma proof right?
New question! If I were to remove elves [INTELLIGENT] tag in the raws, would it work?
Dwarf Fortress: Where taking a creatures intelligence is an accepted way of modding.

Eviltyphoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2009, 09:42:14 am »

If you remove it from the list, your dwarves will use it for everything that requires stone. I would advise to make wafers which you can then smelt to mechanisms.
"If you can't build a tower upon a sheer cliff face over which you may throw precisely one hundred and fifty-two kittens and seven stalwart dwarves to their explosive doom some fifty stories below, then brother, your game ain't much of a sandbox, is it?"

Scruga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2009, 09:46:17 am »

mechanisms can only be made from rock
New question! If I were to remove elves [INTELLIGENT] tag in the raws, would it work?
Dwarf Fortress: Where taking a creatures intelligence is an accepted way of modding.

Eviltyphoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2009, 09:51:07 am »

Adamantine is an exception then:

Hagadorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO-GIFTS] [NAUGHTY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2009, 09:52:48 am »

It is THE exception.

Its the ONLY metal you can make that stuff with...

Read le wiki.

http://www.dwarffortresswiki.net/index.php/Adamantine
You see, booze is a parasite. It lives off dwarves and compels them to dig into the ground so as to create massive defences to protect it's self. It really shouldn't be called dwarf fortress, Booze fortress would make much more sense.

Scruga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2009, 10:05:40 am »

my bad sorry

Phazer

• Bay Watcher
  • This song is creepy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2009, 10:19:55 am »

looks like a great location. mind giving us the seed? or a pregenerated world would do.
Dragon: My plan is foolproof! Those foolish dwarves cannot resist walking near lava! If I hop in, then they won't know what hit them! I'll just- AH! OH GOD! I WASTED MY LIFE!

Eviltyphoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2009, 10:30:19 am »

I you could tell me what exactly I should post (which file or which line in which txt file), then I would love too.

Phazer

• Bay Watcher
  • This song is creepy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2009, 10:39:11 am »

you can read it in legends. you can also check how to do here.http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=31574.0
Dragon: My plan is foolproof! Those foolish dwarves cannot resist walking near lava! If I hop in, then they won't know what hit them! I'll just- AH! OH GOD! I WASTED MY LIFE!

Eviltyphoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2009, 10:48:55 am »

I think this is what you're looking for:

Phazer

• Bay Watcher
  • This song is creepy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2009, 10:49:38 am »

will test it out

what about the picture of the starting location  ;D

Eviltyphoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2009, 10:51:23 am »

Hmmm... How can I get that?

Phazer

• Bay Watcher
  • This song is creepy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2009, 10:54:08 am »

make a copy of youre save game and abandon the fort. and just press reclaim and it will show up

Eviltyphoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2009, 11:06:49 am »

Hmm... My DF won't start anymore   >:( (I have a backup, and I did nothing today, so it's not that bad). I'll just post the save then.
Pages: [1] 2