Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 48

Author Topic: TSLLT2: Capture the artifact! OVER, I give up!  (Read 43637 times)

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: TSLLT2: Capture the artifact! Turn 12.
« Reply #480 on: March 18, 2009, 04:24:26 am »

Get back here Strife, Karlito's going to spawn, so he doesn't need your help!

If Siquo fails, which he will, then Harold' turn:

WSSS face south ATTACK THAT FILTHY BLUE!
Are you saying that Harold attacks Ace? Because you aren't really in position to do that.

I believe he could attack me, after my move.

Whoops, Ha I run the game and I even forget how it works sometimes. Anyway no update tonight. Tomorrow instead.

timmeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #481 on: March 18, 2009, 04:42:29 am »

Sorry A_Fey_Dwarf, I completely forgot to ask you if you were okay with my taking your game idea...

If it's okay with you, and enough people would use it, I should be able to set it up pretty quick.
On the Wall is a Masterfully engraved carving of Urist McHardcastle and Goblins. Urist McHardcastle is surrounded by the Goblins. The Golbins are stamping on Urist McHardcastle. Urist McHardcaste is laughing at the Goblins. The carving related to the prolonged and bloody death of Urist McHardcastle in the Fall of 1659, the Winter of 1659, and the Spring of 1660. On the engraving is an image of Cheese.

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: March 18, 2009, 09:41:45 pm »

It's fine, although to be honest, I can't see many people playing a mechanized version of it. Sure you could give better combat system and life system but most of what makes this game good is that people can play it across different timezones. Also combat description won't be the same.

Anyway, go ahead with it. You never know it may turn out great, especially if used by players on IRC.

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: March 19, 2009, 03:54:32 am »

=Combat=
Simo shoots a iron bolt at Ace, rolls 1d5-> 5. Shot misses.
Simo fires a single bolt at Ace. It flies through the air going no where near the target.

Ace shoots a stunning bolt at Harold, rolls 1d2-> 2. Shot hits. Roll 1d2 to damage->1. No stun.
Ace summons the power with in him to stun Harold. Harold takes the energy like a raging bull, absorbing it and turning it into anger.

Zako shoots a stunning bolt at Ace, rolls 1d5->2. Shot hits. Roll 1d2 to damage->1. No stun.
Zako works his hands in a specific pattern, however at the last moment his concentration slips. A bolt of energy flies though the air slowly, it hits Ace but has very little power and does nothing.

Harold the warrior attacks ace with his Axe, rolls 1d7-> 5 + bonus of 2 (warrior + axe bonus). Total= 7.
Ace defends with Whip, rolls 1d8-> 8 + bonus of 1 (whip bonus - facing penalty). Total= 9.
7<9
Harold runs at Ace, axe held high.  Ace is however ready and whips his opponent before he can manage to bring the axe down. The whip licks Harold's axe hand, drawing blood. Harold drops the axe in pain and shock. Ace whips at Harold again, this time aiming to immobilize the warrior. The whip wraps around Harold's left knee. He is tripped up and falls to the ground. On the ground Harold finds his axe, he grabs it with his left hand, then cuts the whip connecting him to Ace in half. Ace backs off, knowing his advantage is lost.

Harold is immobilized due to his knee injury and can only defend.

Phish shoots a stunning bolt at Ninja, rolls  1d2-> 2. Shot hits. Roll 1d2 to damage-> 2. Stun
Phish reaches into the dark depths of his heart and conjures a bolt of energy. He directs the energy at Ninja and unleashes it. Ninja is hit by a powerful blast immobilizing him for the rest of this turn and the next.

Ninja trys to move and attack Phish, but finds he can't.

Org shoots the wall precisely at the point where Ninja would have been had he stabbed Karlito.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Remember, players can walk through the square of a stunned enemy. Sorry for the long update gap. Got a lot of things to juggle and not a lot of time to do it (ie succession game and animafizing).
« Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 02:32:18 pm by A_Fey_Dwarf »

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
Re: TSLLT2: Capture the artifact! Turn 13.
« Reply #484 on: March 19, 2009, 03:57:18 am »

Two shots at ace mc spade.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: March 19, 2009, 04:05:46 am »

NN, kill Harold from behind, face north.

Shit, hope I get this one before getting shot...

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: March 19, 2009, 04:26:49 am »

Fishhook, attack Harold from the side, in case I don't make it and die, heroically bleeding all over him...

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 

Wimdit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: March 19, 2009, 05:31:28 am »

Yessir!

Three north, one east, stab Harold. Face north.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: March 19, 2009, 05:35:07 am »

Zako, try and stun wimdit when you make your turn.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: March 19, 2009, 05:47:04 am »

Sorry, didn't mean to "command" you. It's not like I was appointed to be the Blue General.

Oh AFD, minor suggestion for DF compatibility, if you are stunned while standing on a friendly trap (or an opponents trap if you're a rogue), the trap goes off. Shouldn't make much of a difference, as it will probably never happen, but still it'd be more "DF-realistic" :).

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: March 19, 2009, 05:49:59 am »

Jesus Christ Siquo, you should start playing the frickin' lottery. You're WAY too lucky for forum games.

Wimdit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: March 19, 2009, 05:51:01 am »

Sorry, didn't mean to "command" you. It's not like I was appointed to be the Blue General.

I hereby grant you the title of Supreme Commander of the Blue Team. Your generalship is unsurpassed!

All hail Ace McSpade!

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: March 19, 2009, 05:54:48 am »

=Combat=
Simo shoots a iron bolt at Ace, rolls 1d5-> 5. Shot misses.
Simo fires a single bolt at Ace. It flies through the air going no where near the target.

Ace shoots a stunning bolt at Harold, rolls 1d2-> 2. Shot hits. Roll 1d2 to damage->1. No stun.
Ace summons the power with in him to stun Harold. Harold takes the energy like a raging bull, absorbing it and turning it into anger.

Zako shoots a stunning bolt at Ace, rolls 1d5->2. Shot hits. Roll 1d2 to damage->1. No stun.
Zako works his hands in a specific pattern, however at the last moment his concentration slips. A bolt of energy flies though the air slowly, it hits Ace but has very little power and does nothing.

Harold the warrior attacks ace with his Axe, rolls 1d7-> 5 + bonus of 2 (warrior + axe bonus). Total= 7.
Ace defends with Whip, rolls 1d8-> 8 + bonus of 1 (whip bonus - facing penalty). Total= 9.
7<9
Harold runs at Ace, axe held high.  Ace is however ready and whips his opponent before he can manage to bring the axe down. The whip licks Harold's axe hand, drawing blood. Harold drops the axe in pain and shock. Ace whips at Harold again, this time aiming to immobilize the warrior. The whip wraps around Harold's left knee. He is tripped up and falls to the ground. On the ground Harold finds his axe, he grabs it with his left hand, then cuts the whip connecting him to Ace in half. Ace backs off, knowing his advantage is lost.

Harold is immobilized due to his knee injury and can only defend.

Phish shoots a stunning bolt at Ninja, rolls  1d2-> 2. Shot hits. Roll 1d2 to damage-> 2. Stun
Phish reaches into the dark depths of his heart and conjures a bolt of energy. He directs the energy at Ninja and unleashes it. Ninja is hit by a powerful blast immobilizing him for the rest of this turn and the next.

Ninja trys to move and attack Phish, but finds he can't.

Org shoots the wall precisely at the point where Ninja would have been had he stabbed Karlito.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Remember, players can walk through the square of a stunned enemy. Sorry for the long update gap. Got a lot of things to juggle and not a lot of time to do it (ie succession game and animafizing).
Lol wut?
Shouldnt they tie?

WWSSS

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: March 19, 2009, 05:59:13 am »

Lol wut?
Shouldnt they tie?

WWSSS
It was +1, not -1.
I've played some mafia.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: March 19, 2009, 06:00:09 am »

What about the facing penalty?
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 48