Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 814587 times)

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile

(if you're monstrously good, soldiers and demomen may be hesitant to attack you).
With competent soldiers and demomen, this is always the case. They know how to fire their rockets off at rates that trip you up, so unless you have the reflexes to dodge a bullet and the ping to see a rocket within the half-frame it takes to hit you at close rnage you rely on 'feeling' when the opponent will fire a rocket at you.

Also, Buff Banner only boosts sentries when the banner influences the engineer. Just on the sentry does nothing. You can boost an engineer in the spawn who has a snetry out there and the sentry will recieve the boost.

I mean hesitant to engage you at all; good soldiers will usually pull their shotty (afterburn improvement made Equalizer no longer an automatic win vs. Pyros) and good demomen will use stickies if they have the space.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile

I dunno. A good pyro could avoid the shotgun blasts by using the flamethrower as a sort of smoke screen, moving and flaming in such a way as to avoid being seen and predicted. At close range the flamethrower can wreck you. Soldiers that can completely prevent you from airblasting reliably, on the other hand, are the real threat.

Also, pyros that can reflect flares. What the hell?
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile

Fire screen doesn't really work 'cause you just aim above the legs or into the middle of the fire. It's really not that difficult to deal with.

Pyros that reflect flares/huntsman arrows/etc. are insane, but hitting with them is easy 'cause their hit areas are the size of a large truck.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile

I consistently reflect hunstman arrows.

Y'know what's most fun? Airblasting a sniper JUST as he throws his Jarate to put himself out, he kills HIMSELF with his own piss and the afterburn.

I have done that twice, and both times it was satisfying.

The Doctor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And you get the crits too  :P

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile

Also, pyros that can reflect flares. What the hell?
Sending flares back and forth is all people do in the beginning of a round of Dodgeball, especially before players can move (Dodgeball maps are open). Reflecting flares is not too hard to get used to doing. Reflecting Huntsman arrows is more difficult, though.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile

I wouldnt say so, you just need to get the timing down.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile

Another matter is huntsman arrows don't glow but flares do. I think that, visually speaking, that makes a difference.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile

Oooooooooo.
Fancy/Nasty day 4.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile

And how do the Fancy vs Nasty things work?
I just download it and what.

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile

The heavy metal gloves look cool.

Is there any reason why these fancy/nasty things aren't in the community items thing? Seems like this is pretty much exactly what that system was set up for... I wouldn't mind using them, but I don't really wanna replace any of my other stuff.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile

I think they are just skins. I think.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

I think they are just skins. I think.

^This^

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There's some new items being dropped, including hats. Nobody knows what they actually are since they haven't got names, but we know they exist. They're probably going to be released later today. The same thing happened when the first Community weapons were added.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile

Dropped?
As in, getting rid of?
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 774