Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 43

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress Mafia, anyone? (Round 2 Over!)  (Read 65164 times)

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress Mafia, anyone? (Day 1)
« Reply #285 on: February 24, 2009, 03:35:39 am »

Errr. I seem to have gotten a role pm while I didn't sign up for round 2.

Likewise, seem he assumed people where still playing.

However, no-lynching is bad and only helps the elves especially as we get role flips. (hmm this seems familiar). This is the only time I'll comment on the issue as I've said it often enough by now, read the wiki if you wish to know more.

So I'll start by voting Pandarsenic based on his crossed out elf comment. I can see webadict telling the child it's a true statement regardless of the strikethrough and so giving a confirmation on it. I will change my vote if he reposts said statement or someone does something worse in my eyes.
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: February 24, 2009, 03:42:57 am »

Likewise, seem he assumed people where still playing.

However, no-lynching is bad and only helps the elves especially as we get role flips. (hmm this seems familiar). This is the only time I'll comment on the issue as I've said it often enough by now, read the wiki if you wish to know more.

So I'll start by voting Pandarsenic based on his crossed out elf comment. I can see webadict telling the child it's a true statement regardless of the strikethrough and so giving a confirmation on it. I will change my vote if he reposts said statement or someone does something worse in my eyes.
I'm not going to say that your an elf because you said that, as you said it last time when you weren't an elf, but I disagree with the random voting.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #287 on: February 24, 2009, 04:10:31 am »

I'm a dwarf... and I will smoke some tobacco while I think who to vote.

So? Are you playing?
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: February 24, 2009, 04:14:25 am »

You know it's really temping to role claim and it's only day 1, what is wrong with me.
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: February 24, 2009, 04:16:53 am »

You know it's really temping to role claim and it's only day 1, what is wrong with me.
Subtly dropping a hint that you are not an elf?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 04:18:40 am by Cheeetar »
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #290 on: February 24, 2009, 04:26:12 am »

QFT (Quoted for truth)

I'm introducing Mafiascum terms here so everybody learns and we can pretend we are actually good at this.  ;)

Also.  Mod:   You can lock the post at night so we can't write at all.

EDIT: I wrote true instead of truth.  Sorry.
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: February 24, 2009, 04:32:40 am »

No he obviously wants to role claim the druid... (sarcasim if you didn't notice)

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: February 24, 2009, 04:34:36 am »

I'm a dwarf as well. However I'm not that sure about Pandarsenic, though he behaved (as others have mentioned) quite similarly in the last game being a dwarf.

Also, following other peoples' votes is a bit dodgy behaviour, but Pandarsenic isn't the only one doing that.

I haven't yet decided if abstaining is a good move in this setting. We might have a Sheriff and/or a Child that can get us information during the night, but if there isn't any or they can't convey the information to us so that we understand it and we don't lynch, the elves  get a free kill unless the Surgeon (if there is one) hits home and we'll be in the same nearly informationless situation as now, except with one less dwarf.

I'll keep thinking. Another factor that makes this time different is that there's no PMs, so the Child and/or Sheriff can't converse with those who e has confirmed.

Or a really devious way to conceal his elf-nature.

----

Alexhans, I'll help you with your noble term quest: I point my (L)FoS ((Lesser) Finger of Suspicion) at Shades and Pandarsenic.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 04:36:09 am by LASD »

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: February 24, 2009, 05:10:20 am »

No he obviously wants to role claim the druid...

How did you work it out A_Fey_Dwarf :P

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: February 24, 2009, 05:16:54 am »

I'll keep thinking. Another factor that makes this time different is that there's no PMs, so the Child and/or Sheriff can't converse with those who e has confirmed.

Anyway, I honestly have no problem with pms, but I like being a part of them. It was fun to listen to the townies and the mafia when they were conversing, because I knew all the facts.

As far as I see it if the Sheriff claims then the child can check and use pm's and we have the same trusted town setup as before.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: February 24, 2009, 06:06:44 am »

I will abstain from voting.

FoboslC

« Reply #296 on: February 24, 2009, 06:13:21 am »

You know, what I learned from every single mafia game I played - bangwagoning does NOT helps me to  survive.
I abstain from voting today.

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: February 24, 2009, 06:16:01 am »

I will abstain from voting.
No "I'm a dwarf" and no reasons for the vote (which isn't unnecessarily bad for the elves) whatsoever. Very Suspicious.

You can forget the Fingers I pointed. This beats them. Flintus10: Please explain yourself.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: February 24, 2009, 06:34:08 am »

Alrighty then.
I believe myself to currently be a dwarf.
I vote for nobody.
Long Live United Forenia!

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: February 24, 2009, 06:39:42 am »

I vote for nobody. I am a dwarf
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 43