Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 558 559 [560] 561 562 ... 1065

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items  (Read 3625908 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items
« Reply #8385 on: December 12, 2009, 11:55:04 am »

There are just 10 items left.

I'm nervous. Will I be able to handle the new DF?

Everybody will be in the same position you are really. You can scale back the cavern stuff in the init though.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8386 on: December 12, 2009, 11:59:54 am »

As for something on-topic, automated fish cleaning and fat rendering = hell yes. Why would you want to let the fish sit around unprepared, anyway?

There are a few reasons why but none of those have been added to the game, nor will they ever.

Actually, automated fish cleaning and fat rendering WERE added to the game. There was a dev log thing a few days ago.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8387 on: December 12, 2009, 12:03:00 pm »

As for something on-topic, automated fish cleaning and fat rendering = hell yes. Why would you want to let the fish sit around unprepared, anyway?

There are a few reasons why but none of those have been added to the game, nor will they ever.

Actually, automated fish cleaning and fat rendering WERE added to the game. There was a dev log thing a few days ago.

That wasn't what I was refering to. I was refering to reasons why you would want unprepared fish.

IronValley

• Bay Watcher
  • Purple Smile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8388 on: December 12, 2009, 12:13:15 pm »

That wasn't what I was refering to. I was refering to reasons why you would want unprepared fish.

The reason why you would want unprepared fish? Why would you want unprepared fish..... oh.... wait...... ......

I'm actually quite sure what first thought of, was not what the original quote was referring to... Oh god...

Yeah, no uses for unprepared fish what so ever....

Chicken Launcher

• Bay Watcher
  • Poultry Technician
    • View Profile
« Reply #8389 on: December 12, 2009, 12:19:15 pm »

You would obviously need unprepared fish in order to prepare it.
"Did you ever notice any time you see two groups of people who really hate each other, chances are good they’re wearing different kinds of hats? Keep an eye on that, it might be important." - George Carlin

AbacusWizard

• Bay Watcher
  • Trust me; I'm a mathematician.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8390 on: December 12, 2009, 12:27:54 pm »

The reason why you would want unprepared fish? Why would you want unprepared fish..... oh.... wait...... ......

I'm actually quite sure what first thought of, was not what the original quote was referring to... Oh god...

Yeah, no uses for unprepared fish what so ever....

I vaguely recall a ... Scandinavian maybe? ... method of preparing shark by wrapping it, burying it, and letting it "ferment" for a while before digging it up, cleaning, butchering, and eating it.

Ninjabob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8391 on: December 12, 2009, 01:27:48 pm »

There's always Lutefisk, but I wouldn't say it's not prepared per say. Who says dwarf preparation of fish is the usual heating? Nothing seems to imply they heat their fish anyway.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #8392 on: December 12, 2009, 02:04:05 pm »

There's always Lutefisk, but I wouldn't say it's not prepared per say. Who says dwarf preparation of fish is the usual heating? Nothing seems to imply they heat their fish anyway.

Nothing seems to imply they heat their roasts either.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8393 on: December 12, 2009, 02:07:26 pm »

Well there are many things you can do to prepare a fish: Gut, Scale, or Bone the fish

Though gutting the fish Id assume is the bare minimum for a fish to be "Prepared"

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8394 on: December 12, 2009, 02:10:59 pm »

Oh my gosh, it's so close to completion I can almost taste it!
seems like it will be a Christmas release or something.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8395 on: December 12, 2009, 02:30:01 pm »

Goodness, I wonder what stops Toady from breaking down and releasing this before it is ready with people posting like this.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8396 on: December 12, 2009, 02:33:33 pm »

Goodness, I wonder what stops Toady from breaking down and releasing this before it is ready with people posting like this.

Donations?   ;D

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8397 on: December 12, 2009, 02:36:33 pm »

Though donation be the reason of which toady may release this release when it is ready to be released it tis a reason why the release may be released before it should be released it would seem.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8398 on: December 12, 2009, 02:40:20 pm »

BAY12YERS ARE BIG JERKS WITH LARGE HEARTS

Reese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8399 on: December 12, 2009, 02:59:27 pm »

Well there are many things you can do to prepare a fish: Gut, Scale, or Bone the fish

Though gutting the fish Id assume is the bare minimum for a fish to be "Prepared"

Considering that fish are prepared by fish cleaners, that's certainly the interpretation I'd go with... since the bones appear after dwarfs finish eating, I would assume they only go so far as gutting.  Then again, I only ever see turtles fished up anyway.
All glory to the Hypno-Toady!
Pages: 1 ... 558 559 [560] 561 562 ... 1065