Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1040 1041 [1042] 1043 1044 ... 1065

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items  (Read 3638909 times)

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items
« Reply #15615 on: March 28, 2010, 11:01:50 pm »

Hmmm i wonder if the descripton of the goddes from the devblog had changed uppon arival of that beast. So the poeple believe in the form of the monster while the old skeletal picture remained.
The way it works is as follows:
As long as the Megabeast shares spheres with the god in question, impersonation is possible. The people don't necessarily believe that the demon is the diety's true form, but rather, its earthly body. Just as Zeus' true form was never believed to be a bull, but he turned into one nonetheless to mate with mortals.

corrected
I was at first going to mention when he turned into a golden shower, but decided against it since that was an isolated incident.

As far as I know, he never mated with mortals while being a bull, but there could be some such story I don't know of.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #15616 on: March 28, 2010, 11:07:44 pm »

Hmmm i wonder if the descripton of the goddes from the devblog had changed uppon arival of that beast. So the poeple believe in the form of the monster while the old skeletal picture remained.
As long as the Megabeast shares spheres with the god in question, impersonation is possible. The people don't necessarily believe that the demon is the diety's true form, but rather, its earthly body. Just as Zeus' true form was never believed to be a bull, but he turned into one nonetheless to mate with mortals.

corrected
I was at first going to mention when he turned into a golden shower, but decided against it since that was an isolated incident.

As far as I know, he never mated with mortals while being a bull, but there could be some such story I don't know of.
One word.
Minotaur.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Leotto

• Bay Watcher
  • Rumplord
    • View Profile
« Reply #15617 on: March 28, 2010, 11:09:00 pm »

Greek Gods>Questionable Latin Somatizing Wizards>Sparkly Vampires
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 11:11:38 pm by Leotto »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15618 on: March 28, 2010, 11:14:33 pm »

corrected

An eagle is also a common disguise Zeus uses. Mainly for grabbing women rather than mating in that form.

Qloos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15619 on: March 28, 2010, 11:15:48 pm »

So what I've gathered so far, is that, Zeus is a womanizing shape-shifter?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15620 on: March 28, 2010, 11:17:46 pm »

So what I've gathered so far, is that, Zeus is a womanizing shape-shifter?

Pretty much, yea.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #15621 on: March 28, 2010, 11:21:09 pm »

Quote from: wikipedia
To punish Minos, Poseidon caused Pasiphaë, Minos' wife, to fall madly in love with the bull from the sea, the Cretan Bull.[6]  She had Daedalus, the famous architect, make a wooden cow for her. Pasiphaë climbed into the decoy in order to copulate with the white bull. The offspring of their coupling was a monster called the Minotaur.

maybe he didn't, but there's at least a precedent in greek mithology

EDIT: also,
Greek Gods>Questionable Latin Somatizing Wizards>Sparkly Vampires>elfsmurf pocahontas from space
rectified
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 11:24:14 pm by Askot Bokbondeler »

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15622 on: March 28, 2010, 11:22:17 pm »

I'm pretty sure he did bang one girl as a bull.

I know he banged one while manifesting as "A Golden Shower"...

James.Denholm

• Bay Watcher
  • [HAS_NO_HUMOURS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15623 on: March 28, 2010, 11:22:29 pm »

Quote from: wikipedia
To punish Minos, Poseidon caused Pasiphaë, Minos' wife, to fall madly in love with the bull from the sea, the Cretan Bull.[6]  She had Daedalus, the famous architect, make a wooden cow for her. Pasiphaë climbed into the decoy in order to copulate with the white bull. The offspring of their coupling was a monster called the Minotaur.

maybe he didn't, but there's at least a precedent in greek mithology

Kinky.

EDIT: This actually raises a question:

Will we see odd "partnerships" beyond the concept of non-hetrosexuality? Different species interacting? I know that ThreeToe did a story that had this as one of the main points - Goblin and Elf, if I do remember.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 11:26:46 pm by James.Denholm »
Imagine a combination of power goals 44 and 45: The ruler convenes a council of the nobles to appoint you the high priest of the nearby towns. Instead of waiting for them to finish their drinking session, you walk in and crush a goblet while berating their disgusting behaviour and general incompetence.

Jon-Ace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15624 on: March 28, 2010, 11:30:02 pm »

- Late to the party -

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #15625 on: March 28, 2010, 11:31:46 pm »

Will we see odd "partnerships" beyond the concept of non-hetrosexuality? Different species interacting? I know that ThreeToe did a story that had this as one of the main points - Goblin and Elf, if I do remember.
or even gods(true or false) that mate with mortals, fathering potential semi-divine heroes

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15626 on: March 28, 2010, 11:46:11 pm »

or even gods(true or false) that mate with mortals, fathering potential semi-divine heroes
Demons impersonating gods mating with mortals is more likely, and I would argue even more filled with Win.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15627 on: March 28, 2010, 11:46:49 pm »

or even monsters anywhere between semi-megabeasts to super-megabeasts like the most horrible and powerful titans/forgotten beasts that the RNG can spit out.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 11:48:25 pm by smjjames »

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #15628 on: March 28, 2010, 11:47:49 pm »

I hope that we can simply add a caste for half-elfs and stuff... but how to code them to be born at all?
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

James.Denholm

• Bay Watcher
  • [HAS_NO_HUMOURS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15629 on: March 28, 2010, 11:54:00 pm »

As recently occurred in a rather crappy movie. Based on a children's book.
Imagine a combination of power goals 44 and 45: The ruler convenes a council of the nobles to appoint you the high priest of the nearby towns. Instead of waiting for them to finish their drinking session, you walk in and crush a goblet while berating their disgusting behaviour and general incompetence.
Pages: 1 ... 1040 1041 [1042] 1043 1044 ... 1065