Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1039 1040 [1041] 1042 1043 ... 1065

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items  (Read 3638832 times)

madjoe5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items
« Reply #15600 on: March 28, 2010, 03:28:45 pm »

Today's devlog has kindled some interest in adventure mode for me. I should try it at some point in the new release,

well once i complete my mod and succession fort

SirPenguin

• Bay Watcher
  • NEVER A DULL MOMENT IN MID-WORLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #15601 on: March 28, 2010, 03:43:06 pm »

Today's devlog has kindled some interest in adventure mode for me. I should try it at some point in the new release,

well once i complete my mod and succession fort

Heh, that's funny, as today's devlog actually reminded me why I never played adventure mode. Being able to kill a demon in its sleep only to be attacked by the very town that sent you on that quest is the the poster boy of adventure mode bugs.

Name Lips

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15602 on: March 28, 2010, 03:44:41 pm »

The town didn't send him on the quest. One disgruntled townsperson said, "hey, can you kill our leader?" and he went and did it. Doesn't mean the rest of the townspeople instantly agree with the disgruntled guy. Maybe they LIKED being ruled by a demon.

madjoe5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15603 on: March 28, 2010, 03:54:35 pm »

or they are still controlled by him in a way

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15604 on: March 28, 2010, 04:00:03 pm »

In response to "smallest UMPC capable of running DF": http://www.trustedreviews.com/laptops/review/2007/03/27/Sony-Micro-PC-Vaio-VGN-UX1XN/p1

Yes, you can buy about seven UMID M1's for its price. But it is smaller, while having the same specs. ;)

Let's see, Sony Weird Thing's dimensions, 150x95x35 = 498,750 cubic millimeters

UMID mbook m1: 161x96.5x18.1 = 281,210.65 cubic millimeters

Thinness is worth something, the UMID is VERY slightly wider but only half as thick ;) And way cuter.
Indeed, much cuter. I'd rather rather have a pink netbook that can fit in my back pocket than something that looks like a glorified smartphone.
Why would you carry a netbook in your back pocket?
It's much more convenient than having to have a laptop bag or backpack to carry it around.

Anyway, yes, I agree that it's not "actually" smaller. But I don't think you can actually play DF on the go with the M1 mbook. Not even taking into account the lack of a numpad.
The m1 is the one which has already been pictured running DF. It's more powerful than my netbook, which can run DF, with the 40d# modifications.
I think you actually can.

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #15605 on: March 28, 2010, 05:45:07 pm »

Hmmm i wonder if the descripton of the goddes from the devblog had changed uppon arival of that beast. So the poeple believe in the form of the monster while the old skeletal picture remained.
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15606 on: March 28, 2010, 06:52:43 pm »

Hmmm i wonder if the descripton of the goddes from the devblog had changed uppon arival of that beast. So the poeple believe in the form of the monster while the old skeletal picture remained.
The way it works is as follows:
As long as the Megabeast shares spheres with the god in question, impersonation is possible. The people don't necessarily believe that the demon is the diety's true form, but rather, its earthly body. Just as Zeus' true form was never believed to be a bull, but he turned into one nonetheless to interact with mortals.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #15607 on: March 28, 2010, 07:59:07 pm »

The way it works is as follows:
As long as the Megabeast shares spheres with the god in question, impersonation is possible. The people don't necessarily believe that the demon is the diety's true form, but rather, its earthly body. Just as Zeus' true form was never believed to be a bull, but he turned into one nonetheless to mate with mortals.

corrected

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15608 on: March 28, 2010, 08:03:37 pm »

Darn you, Askot! You beat me to it.

SirPenguin

• Bay Watcher
  • NEVER A DULL MOMENT IN MID-WORLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #15609 on: March 28, 2010, 09:25:11 pm »

I check this forum probably 30 times a day now, as if the new version is literally going to release any second. This week is going to be torture.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #15610 on: March 28, 2010, 09:50:50 pm »

Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Chicken Launcher

• Bay Watcher
  • Poultry Technician
    • View Profile
"Did you ever notice any time you see two groups of people who really hate each other, chances are good they’re wearing different kinds of hats? Keep an eye on that, it might be important." - George Carlin

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."
Pages: 1 ... 1039 1040 [1041] 1042 1043 ... 1065