Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 1065

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items  (Read 3573779 times)

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items
« Reply #2760 on: June 28, 2009, 03:31:38 pm »

I edited an answer to your second question into my post above, in case you didn't see it.

Biting? Why would you want to do this? And what is the difference between kicking and punching(the only difference I can see is if you dont have hands/feet)?

You'd want to bite if you were a creature that attacks mainly by biting, e.g. a wolf or whatever.  Kicks use a [STANCE], punches use a [GRASP].

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2761 on: June 28, 2009, 03:59:12 pm »

I edited an answer to your second question into my post above, in case you didn't see it.

Biting? Why would you want to do this? And what is the difference between kicking and punching(the only difference I can see is if you dont have hands/feet)?

You'd want to bite if you were a creature that attacks mainly by biting, e.g. a wolf or whatever.  Kicks use a [STANCE], punches use a [GRASP].
Thanks.

I was looking back through the dev log and I saw the little post on breath weapons. Does this mean that we weill be able to have acid breathing creatures, or is that something we will not be able to mod yet?

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2762 on: June 28, 2009, 04:01:30 pm »

I seem to remember Toady saying that in theory, a Breath attack could be made to use any defined material.  But it might just hurl a glob of the material instead of an especially "breath" type thing.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2763 on: June 28, 2009, 06:27:09 pm »

I seem to remember Toady saying that in theory, a Breath attack could be made to use any defined material.  But it might just hurl a glob of the material instead of an especially "breath" type thing.

So it may be possible to make a creature breath lead, kitten bones and adamantine?
If so, i shall mod elves to breath cloth, or wood, or both!
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2764 on: June 28, 2009, 07:03:49 pm »

Questions
1)Are we able to choose the category for Noble mandates in the raws? Like armor/crafts/etc?
2)Can we choose the skills they can come with? Like how the DM has Metalcrafter and Animal skills when he comes?
Edit: 3)Will Legendary Soldiers be Elite now that there is one Champion?
Edit Edit:4)Since we have more control over armor in military, will we be able to have them wear leather/plate, or leather/chain? Some soldiers in past times would wear leather underneath plate and chain.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 07:22:51 pm by Org »

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2765 on: June 28, 2009, 08:49:16 pm »

I was looking back through the dev log and I saw the little post on breath weapons. Does this mean that we weill be able to have acid breathing creatures, or is that something we will not be able to mod yet?

Yes, more or less.  Creatures can breathe ANY material in a forward puff or undirected cloud (or spit solid/liquid globs of it, or secrete it on their skin, or inject it into enemies).  Acids aren't directly supported right now, but you can get a similar effect by attaching poisoning effects to the material (in this case, you could use pain, blistering and necrosis).

So it may be possible to make a creature breath lead, kitten bones and adamantine?
If so, i shall mod elves to breath cloth, or wood, or both!

Yes to all, except that cloth is an item type, not a material type.  You could make them breathe plant fiber dust, though, and maybe attach a minor poisoning effect like dizziness.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2766 on: June 28, 2009, 08:50:21 pm »

So we can make them breathe out blood? Thats hilarious!

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2767 on: June 28, 2009, 08:57:16 pm »

Yeah, they could breathe blood as a mist, or spit globs of it that would spatter over whatever they hit.

Question of my own: Will creatures secrete materials or project undirected clouds only as an attack, or can they do it "passively," i.e. constantly breathe/secrete the material?

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2768 on: June 28, 2009, 09:00:46 pm »

Another question, though I rather doubt it:

Can they breathe their own blood, and kill themselves by doing it?

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2769 on: June 28, 2009, 09:22:20 pm »

I guess, could they choke on their own blood should you slash out their throat or something?

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2770 on: June 28, 2009, 09:22:30 pm »

Another question, though I rather doubt it:

Can they breathe their own blood, and kill themselves by doing it?

Yes, just attach some poison effects to the blood.  To prevent the creature from being poisoned by its circulating blood (although I doubt it checks for that), you can make the effects active only when inhaled.

I guess, could they choke on their own blood should you slash out their throat or something?

This already happens.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2771 on: June 28, 2009, 09:34:37 pm »

Yeah, they could breathe blood as a mist, or spit globs of it that would spatter over whatever they hit.

Question of my own: Will creatures secrete materials or project undirected clouds only as an attack, or can they do it "passively," i.e. constantly breathe/secrete the material?

Zombies that constantly breath miasma/poison would be nice to see, though i'm sorta scared of the FPS problems that could lead to.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2772 on: June 28, 2009, 09:40:54 pm »

Zombies that constantly breath miasma/poison would be nice to see, though i'm sorta scared of the FPS problems that could lead to.
This leads me to ask another question:Will zombies be able to cause other victims to become zombies?

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2773 on: June 28, 2009, 09:44:51 pm »

This leads me to ask another question:Will zombies be able to cause other victims to become zombies?

No.  This release won't have any contagious diseases.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2774 on: June 28, 2009, 09:46:33 pm »

No.  This release won't have any contagious diseases.
Oh well. Everything else will be amazing. Too bad we cant have weapons firing like this. No flamers. :I
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 1065