Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 969 970 [971] 972 973 ... 1065

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items  (Read 3635060 times)

Flaming Dorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh No Indian!
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items
« Reply #14550 on: March 17, 2010, 11:58:55 pm »

Oooohh the eminentity (not a word? tough) of DF 2010 is making me jittery. I'll be donating upon release, if that gives you guys any encouragement. ;)
[PERMITTED_JOINT:100] (It's a maximum number per day. This is the elven setting)

nogibator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14551 on: March 18, 2010, 12:00:54 am »

what happened to updates? either toady are prepearing for release or he hasn't been home for few days.
sorry for bad grammar, not native english speaker

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #14552 on: March 18, 2010, 12:05:31 am »

what happened to updates? either toady are prepearing for release or he hasn't been home for few days.
Or there nothing really to report.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Flaming Dorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh No Indian!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14553 on: March 18, 2010, 12:06:36 am »

Bug testing isn't exactly the most exciting thing to report.
[PERMITTED_JOINT:100] (It's a maximum number per day. This is the elven setting)

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14554 on: March 18, 2010, 12:07:16 am »

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess he's bug testing, and getting rid of bugs that aren't really interesting enough to warrant a devlog post.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #14555 on: March 18, 2010, 12:08:44 am »

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess he's bug testing, and getting rid of bugs that aren't really interesting enough to warrant a devlog post.

Possibly they be spoilery.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14556 on: March 18, 2010, 12:12:05 am »

Probably this. "Game crashes when X" is notably less interesting than "X problem when trying to accurately simulate the multiple beheadings of a hydra", or the like.

monkeyfetus

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring:terrible puns]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14557 on: March 18, 2010, 12:13:53 am »

You're looking at it the wrong way. Not why do we have beards, but why did we lose all our other hair?

Cats don't have beards, because cats have fur.

Because it's harder to shed heat when you're covered in fur.

Saw the docu Becoming Human today and that was the main theory they purported. Didn't catch why we managed to keep things like pubic hair (which always confused me), head hair made sense in colder climes, and thick hair growth on the body is connected to testosterone in humans (unrelated to the docu).

From my understanding its body temperature regulation and before human lost the ability to do phomena some of that to.

I'm not an expert on this by any means, but here's a side-note:

Humans have been incredibly good hunters because they hunted through endurance hunting. They simply could chase animals for so long that the animal would become exhausted while the human could keep going. We managed that through temperature regulation--we sweated and we had very little body hair. Without that fur, we would not overheat and dehydrate and all that bad stuff.

As far as pubic hair goes, I have no idea for females, but I speculate (only speculate) that pubic hair might have stayed on men, potentially and partially, to help keep the epididymis warm so that sperm didn't die. I learned in high school health classes that sperm needs a remarkably regulated temperature to stay alive and so I'm guessing some sort of link from that to pubic hair.
I thought pubic and underarm hair were to trap pheremones.
You're looking at it the wrong way. Not why do we have beards, but why did we lose all our other hair?

Cats don't have beards, because cats have fur.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 12:16:17 am by monkeyfetus »
Why does my adventurer keep crying?
Greiger's is actually correct...  sadly enough.  The emotional circumstance processor is still turned on, with a randomly rolled up personality, but they can't express themselves or take control...  they can only cry.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14558 on: March 18, 2010, 12:20:33 am »

This was my understanding too. I can't cite my sources because I have no idea where I first heard it. Also this is sort of a strange tangential discussion.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #14559 on: March 18, 2010, 12:33:05 am »

This was my understanding too. I can't cite my sources because I have no idea where I first heard it. Also this is sort of a strange tangential discussion.

I remember that being purpose of underarm arm hair, however human beings have no function ability to denote pheromones.

If I recall, there a small tingle of registry but nothing of merit.

monkeyfetus

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring:terrible puns]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14560 on: March 18, 2010, 12:43:15 am »

I remember that being purpose of underarm arm hair, however human beings have no function ability to denote pheromones.

Maybe not consciously, but humans can definitely detect pheremones. There've been conclusive studies. For example, when an ovulating woman's sweat was introduced to a room, men on average rated the same group of female photographs significantly higher in attractiveness than when the scent of a non-ovulating woman was introduced.
Why does my adventurer keep crying?
Greiger's is actually correct...  sadly enough.  The emotional circumstance processor is still turned on, with a randomly rolled up personality, but they can't express themselves or take control...  they can only cry.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #14561 on: March 18, 2010, 12:45:49 am »

Maybe not consciously, but humans can definitely detect pheremones. There've been conclusive studies. For example, when an ovulating woman's sweat was introduced to a room, men on average rated the same group of female photographs significantly higher in attractiveness than when the scent of a non-ovulating woman was introduced.
Citation?

Innominate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14562 on: March 18, 2010, 12:53:00 am »

Bug testing isn't exactly the most exciting thing to report.
"Today I fixed a bug where some extremely esoteric facet of dwarven behaviour was marginally different from normal in an unlikely combination of circumstances. You can imagine the hilarity that ensued."

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14563 on: March 18, 2010, 12:58:49 am »

Citation?
Wikupedier

James.Denholm

• Bay Watcher
  • [HAS_NO_HUMOURS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14564 on: March 18, 2010, 01:21:03 am »

Quote from: Other people
Pubic hair discussion

Personally, I compare them to the heat-sinks on CPUs. Seeing as the CPU is the "brain" of the computer, and they say that us males think with our genitals.
Imagine a combination of power goals 44 and 45: The ruler convenes a council of the nobles to appoint you the high priest of the nearby towns. Instead of waiting for them to finish their drinking session, you walk in and crush a goblet while berating their disgusting behaviour and general incompetence.
Pages: 1 ... 969 970 [971] 972 973 ... 1065