Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 102

Author Topic: DoomRL 0.9.9.6 out, GRAPHIC TILES  (Read 158862 times)

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
Re: DoomRL: Hell just froze over
« Reply #1425 on: September 06, 2011, 10:29:42 pm »

Even with the Scout shotgun amazing master skill AoS is still brutal for me. Blerrrg. And it's tricky to make your way to the point where the technicians can use their master skill that basically grants you free mod packs.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: September 06, 2011, 11:24:35 pm »

Is it just me or did the game just get a poo-poo load easier?

Starting bonuses, imp's fireball range reduced, former captains are *much* slower, picking up the tracking map (upgraded computer map while playing the mechanic class) allows you to see all items AND monsters constantly, green armor always retains defense rate, etc.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 11:35:58 pm by Blaze »

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: September 07, 2011, 02:23:36 am »

If so I guess I should give it another try then :)

I just can't really wrap my head completely around the asymmetrical line of sight - I won once, on the lowest difficulty, or the second lowest, I can't remember right now... and that was it. And it's a damn good roguelike otherwise - the only one to make me feel really tense and wary, mostly because of the enemy noises. If it's now easier I could see myself playing it again.
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: September 07, 2011, 07:07:53 am »

I was saving mods for a Explosive pistol, but this should help me break into the Wall/Vault. Now I can save up for Cybernano armor. (This is an UV AoMarksmanship run).
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 07:29:07 am by Blaze »

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: September 07, 2011, 07:56:09 am »

Is it just me or did the game just get a poo-poo load easier?
Depends on the difficulty level. I miss the chance to get a combat shotgun before the Arena though.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: September 07, 2011, 08:01:45 am »

I hope it's been noted that TaN blocks every master trait now. So much for Firebird being shoved out of reach, there now isn't even an equivalent.

Edit: Okay, the Halls of Carnage are much more... interesting now. No more free experience, I guess.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 08:30:10 am by 3 »

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: September 07, 2011, 02:41:14 pm »

Just did a game on the easiest setting. I havent played in a long time and I was never any good to begin with, but I beat the cyberdemon. Sadly couldnt nuke him without dying myself, so I just shot him in the face with a Revenants launcher. Repeatedly.

I was just derping around and several times ran out of ammo for my stuff. Got scavenger and only used it once, though I got a firestorm out of it which I plopped on my plasma rifle. Was basically running around with a bulk, power, and agility modded duelist armor for the entire game. It served me well.

Also, intuition is awesome if you have a good rocket launcher and an abundance of rockets. You can just shoot people without them being able to return fire.

EDIT: Goddamn I made a lot of mistakes. Like throwing away Maleks armor cause red was betthur.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 02:57:59 pm by cerapa »

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: September 07, 2011, 09:43:00 pm »

Spoiler: Boom (click to show/hide)

I won first try on Marine class. Though it is on HNTR... Still, didn't want to go blindfolded into an update on hard difficulties, in case of nasties with no wiki entry.

Hmmm, the endgame certainly got easier. *Spoilerz*JC seems to summon Lost souls on HNTR instead of Hell Barons.*Spoilerz* I actually missed the Mortuary on this run by going down the wrong set of stairs... goddamn color changing powerups and lack of up-stairs. Oh well, the Cybernetic Armor was certainly a decent replacement for the Angelic Armor.

Those massive ammo-packs are nice. Though them taking up your equip slot may be kinda bad for you even though it gives you a buttload of ammo. Still, it allowed me to fire the Assault Rifle with less frugalness I normally would fire with it.

I also found the Butcher's Cleaver, but I forgot to pick it up even though it was useless just so the entry was added. Why can't it just add things to our entry just from our Line of Sight? :|
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 09:44:51 pm by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: September 07, 2011, 10:47:31 pm »

Looks like a lot of things have been added since my last visit to DoomRL. I'll need to check it out again.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: September 07, 2011, 11:52:50 pm »

Shottyman does not reload from equipped ammo packs. This is an intended feature.

When I equip an ammo pack I want to use an ammo pack. Simply being able to unload the ammo in the pack isn't enough.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: September 08, 2011, 06:36:04 am »

Whenever you nuke a level, the game considers you dead on that level, it doesn't matter what happens next. It's already been reported though.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: September 08, 2011, 08:38:13 am »

Oh god. I just nuked the cyberdemon on angel of marksmanship.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You might be wondering "Whats so weird about that?" so...

I was playing the scout(very important) and going for Gun Kata. The bruiser brothers ate every one of my health packs and I went into hell at 40% health. Through a variety of lucky globes and stuff, I managed to survive. At least until I ran out of ammo. With no health packs or ammo, but with being the scout(stair seeing) and having 2 points in hellrunner, I decided to run for it. I was lucky with the stair placement and ate every globe in the way while being shot at by mancubi and other assorted demons. I ran for 6 or 7 levels without firing a single shot.

Then I ate an invul globe, ran for the stairs, and found myself at the Cyberdemon residence. I was left wondering what to do for a moment, until I remembered that I picked up a nuke at some point. And then it all went kablooey.

EDIT: What the hell, didnt get the silver medal? Does it need like a "full" completion?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 08:42:38 am by cerapa »

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: September 08, 2011, 09:02:08 am »

Dying to THAT counts as a victory but not a completion, so no completion badges.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: September 08, 2011, 09:04:19 am »

So I should have died from the nuke instead, if I wanted the badge?

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: September 08, 2011, 09:07:23 am »

That's how it works.

Edit:

I go down the ladder and...

Seriously, what the hell game?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 09:58:38 pm by Blaze »
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 102