Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 70

Author Topic: Emperor of the Fading Suns PBEM turn 63 - closing comments and analysis  (Read 88410 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What happened?

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile

What happened?

The mangy cur won the election.  He will no doubt take the garrison out of the capable hands of the one who built up it's strength and guarded the frontier and turn it over to some greedy opportunist who will abandon the garrisons mission for personal gain.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So Palazzo's the regent now? Does this mean the game will likely go on another 30 turns or more? I thought Aqizzar was going to win from my limited knowledge of the game.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Aqizzar is likey positioning himself as the underdog, letting Il Pazzlo get most of the blame while Aqizzar boost his position. Then, Aqizzar will win the next election, declare himself regent, and bunker down.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile

So Palazzo's the regent now? Does this mean the game will likely go on another 30 turns or more? I thought Aqizzar was going to win from my limited knowledge of the game.

You say that like this wasn't supposed to happen.

All according to plan...

Don't worry too much Mainiac, I'm locked in as Fleet Commander, and part of my commitment to that office is to maintain physical honesty as Space Police.  Palazzo will keep the Garrison secure, even if I have to blockade him to it.  You will stop attacking him, even if I have to blow you out of the sky.

There's a new Regent yes, and a new cop on the beat too.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile

You will stop attacking him, even if I have to blow you out of the sky.

Don't worry about little old me, my fleet construction is purely defensive, fighters and stations, not capital ships.

If the garrison stays where it belongs, I will be happy happy.

Don't count this game over yet.  Aqizzar only controls 6 of 21 scepters.  He does have an enviably secure position, and will have the strongest military once he gains control of the fleet.  However, Il Palazzo is still the technology leader and my economy has at least rough parity with Aqizzars.  Trying to take the imperial mantle at this point would require taking at least one of our capitols, which is still very unlike at this point.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile

Don't count this game over yet.

Agreed. This isn't going to end any time soon. Whomever declares himself an Emperor will have to face all the remaining houses united. That is not an easy thing to do.
Especially knowing that none of us would be stupid enough to allow a Regent to get the Fleet as well.

He will no doubt take the garrison and turn it over to some greedy opportunist who will abandon the garrisons mission for personal gain.
Greedy - check.
Opportunistic - check.
Well then, that'd be me, I guess.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile

My baby!   :'(

Feel free to occupy the Li Halan cities on Stigmatia with the garrison.  Those cities are only Li Halan owned due to the bugs from before.  Take the resources in those cities as well.

Do NOT take the resources outside of cities.  Those resources belong to Li Halan and seizing them is an act of war, blah, blah, blah.  Unless you wish to buy them, as they are on sale for a cheap price.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 09:45:21 pm by mainiac »
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I haven't seen them yet, but I'm willing to buy them all for 666 Imperial Firebirds. What a deal!

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile

I'll sell the metal and energy stockpile for that price, but you'd have to throw in another 1000 to make me part with a stack of 100 exotica.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmmmmmmmmm. How much of this metal and energy is there?

edit: nevermind, I'll just check it out myself.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 10:51:10 pm by Il Palazzo »

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile

There's more then 500, but I need to return most of that because Stigmatia resources got mixed in with Li Halan resources.  200 is mine, rest is the garrisons and they're both the same value.  I didn't count on you being the one to take over so I thought I had another turn to separate them out.  So I'd sell that 200 energy/metal for 666 firebirds, but would require 1000 firebirds to part with the exotica.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Mlittle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My turn done.

And you all should not forget the awesome power of backstabbing the Decados poses. We are capable of backstabbing the wanna be Emperor before he even knows he wants to be the Emperor.
With the final words said, the little bearded loony goes back into his cave.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And you all should not forget the awesome power of backstabbing the Decados poses. We are capable of backstabbing the wanna be Emperor before he even knows he wants to be the Emperor.
Can you backstab yourself?
Feel free to occupy the Li Halan cities on Stigmatia with the garrison.  Those cities are only Li Halan owned due to the bugs from before.
Mainiac, can you explain in detail what bug was that and how to avoid it?

666 for metal+energy is a deal. 1000 for exotica is too much. 666 for 100 units - take it or leave it.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile

If you make a unit in a stigmatia city which is occupied by one of your units, the unit created becomes yours.  Creating engineers in this fashion leads to predictable results.

Thanks for the offer, but I'm going to hold on to the exotica.  That stuff is useful.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 70