Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 70

Author Topic: Emperor of the Fading Suns PBEM turn 63 - closing comments and analysis  (Read 88366 times)

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
Re: EOFS PBEM - Turn 18. (again)
« Reply #195 on: February 10, 2009, 11:30:01 am »

Keep it going guys. Whoever's got the save, pass it on!

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: February 10, 2009, 05:17:39 pm »

I dropped it to aq.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: February 10, 2009, 05:57:37 pm »

So yeah, it looks like Pnx and I are going to go through with the ceasefire Boski and I were moving towards.  Peace will finally return to the galaxy...
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 11, 2009, 12:24:27 pm »

It's weird, we were churning through the turns in the 6-15 turn range, and that was with 3 players actively managing a war!
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: February 11, 2009, 12:41:11 pm »

That would be because I never check my mail, and hate actually turning the game on because the program is a bitch.

Turn done and sent by the way.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: February 11, 2009, 01:27:13 pm »

It's weird, we were churning through the turns in the 6-15 turn range, and that was with 3 players actively managing a war!
Apparently, micromanagement is a minor factor in pbem game's speed.

Turn sent.

I was wondering, could we, perchance, do a sort of "live" game? We'd all sit for two or three hours on saturday or sunday afternoon and try to do as many turns as we could in given time.
What do you think?

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: February 11, 2009, 02:20:45 pm »

Cool with me.  Need to work out a proper time, since I'm still adjusting my weekends to my new, 48 day schedule.
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: February 11, 2009, 03:04:02 pm »

I don't think a live session would be a good use of time until after the turn 20 elections.  Because the next few turns are probably going to be dominated by diplomacy due to the first regent elections.

On the subject of which:
Seriously Il Palazzo, dude, I'm not going to make any more concessions in the name of the peace.  Stop sending telling Boski/Pax to come to me for a payoff.  I already negotiated with you.  If you want to renegotiate the deal, then we need a new, open 3-way agreement.

But frankly, given how you keep sending me demands, directly or through your ally, I'm starting to think I will pay off Pax.  I'll pay him off by voting for him instead of myself in the regent election.  Which means that my promise to give you the imperial fleet if elected wont matter.  Sure, he'll have the fleet and he's technically my enemy, but I think he's got more grievance against you then me at this point.  I spared his troops and allowed a retreat in good order on Criticorum.  You got his troops killed by sending them to fight your war for you, then abruptly cutting their support.  And now I'm offering him the regency (and the fleet) on a golden platter... your friendship certainly doesn't look like a prime commodity.

So, if you want to get the fleet and reward Boski/Pax for, y'know, earning your victory for you, I suggest a three way open negotiation.  I could certainly make Pax happy with the firebirds, tech, ships and offices I could potentially give to him.  Your vote for me is locked in and you'll only get the fleet if you can convince me to vote for myself (Which is a hard sell; I value change in this election!  What does Li Halan have to offer except for two failed wars?).  I'd be willing to cut a deal that leaves all three of us better off.  But you need to offer something in exchange.  Negotiations can't just consist of you making constant demands.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 11, 2009, 03:39:33 pm »

(I was hoping that we'd be after turn 20 by this weekend. Foolishly, perhaps.)

What are you talking about? I'm not telling Pnx to do anything. I'm not even suggesting anything. And I'm not sending any demands to you. He's probably trying to cut himself some profit from our ceasefire. If you want to negotiate peace with him, don't put me in the middle of your negotiations.
I believe that we had already finished our talks on this matter some time ago, didn't we?

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: February 11, 2009, 04:30:01 pm »

(I was hoping that we'd be after turn 20 by this weekend. Foolishly, perhaps.)

What are you talking about? I'm not telling Pnx to do anything. I'm not even suggesting anything. And I'm not sending any demands to you. He's probably trying to cut himself some profit from our ceasefire. If you want to negotiate peace with him, don't put me in the middle of your negotiations.
I believe that we had already finished our talks on this matter some time ago, didn't we?

Ah, you aren't behind this latest overture.  But you did ask me to give stuff to Boski before and send him my way with demands.

Okay, I'm glad your intentions are made clear.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: February 11, 2009, 10:22:50 pm »

Sure, he'll have the fleet and he's technically my enemy, but I think he's got more grievance against you then me at this point.  I spared his troops and allowed a retreat in good order on Criticorum.  You got his troops killed by sending them to fight your war for you, then abruptly cutting their support.  And now I'm offering him the regency (and the fleet) on a golden platter... your friendship certainly doesn't look like a prime commodity.
Ooh, how I despise your demagogy!
Anyway, I believe it's Pnx, not Pax.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Re: EOFS PBEM - Turn 19. Election time approaching.
« Reply #206 on: February 11, 2009, 10:33:23 pm »

--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 13, 2009, 06:31:46 pm »

Damnit Pnx, show some activity at least. It's been nearly two days.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 13, 2009, 08:52:38 pm »

Oh, I emailed it to aq, a little while back, been a little busy the last couple of days with some valentines day related stuff, should be good for the weekend after tomorrow morning though.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: February 13, 2009, 11:47:08 pm »

See, that's why we make posts saying when we're done.  I don't check my mail, ever.

Anyway, it's done and sent.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 70